Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 15 Oct 2012 (Monday) 18:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Need your opinion for studio name!!

mrmarie
57 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 15, 2012 18:31 |  #1

Hi all,

I will open photography studio and need your opinion for the studio name, i think for (The Shooter - The Photography). what do you think, any suggestion please!!

Thanks

sponsored links
Joe300
519 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Oct 15, 2012 18:43 |  #2

I think if someone does a google search for 'The Shooter' it will result in to many bad links..
or good links depends on how you look at it..
Say the name five times real fast... do you still like it..??
How about 'Marie Studio'

good luck,
Joe

A lot of Canon gear=300D & 1Dmkiii, Lens and some studio gear,
WL x1600 etc.
Two Bronica SQ-Ai outfit too! 'Old School'
www.joelaroccaphotogra​phy.com (external link)

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,344 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Oct 15, 2012 18:58 |  #3

Shooter isn't a word most members of the public use when talking about photographers. It also doesn't conjurer very nice images so I don't think it is a good name. Also, having "the" twice is poor grammar.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

mrmarie
THREAD ­ STARTER
57 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 20, 2012 18:43 |  #4

and what about (ZooM) or (Focus) ??

JReichert
52 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Oct 20, 2012 19:29 |  #5

I take it that English is not your primary language?

Using tech words or industry catchwords appears unprofessional and is entirely forgettable. Think outside the box of photography - who are you and why will someone want to choose YOU over the thousands of other photographers available?

Joanna Reichert
http://joannareichertp​hotography.wordpress.c​om (external link)

Gaarryy
Goldmember
1,191 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Oct 22, 2012 14:55 |  #6

just my opinion but I'd stay away from anything too "cute" gimmicky that relates to photography. {Pixel's, f/stop} Anything you would have to explain to someone that in not into photography, Since if they were they most likey would be doing the project on their own.
I also think the whole "your name here" photography is way over done. If there is a style that you focus on, then it's ok to get cute a bit since people in that field will know the "inside joke" besides that just pick the name of a favorite pet, or street you grew up on really anything with a story behind it. That way when people ask "that's a different name for a photography studio" you can tell the story. You are trying to stand out from the rest not have a name like all the rest. If yo u are good at having a quick nice story behind people will remember it easier.

---------------Camera, Lens, Flash stuff.. but still wanting more

sponsored links

1,195 views & 0 likes for this thread
Need your opinion for studio name!!
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.