Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 17 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 18:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Pink "My Daughter that is"

moon2003
107 posts
Joined May 2011

Oct 17, 2012 18:00 |  #1

Hello all this is Kirsty my Daughter I took this whilst practicing with the 580 ex.
This was taken with the flash in the hotshoe and bounced behind me and up towards the top of wall and cieling.

All comments good or not so good are greatly appreciated :-)

Gaz

IMAGE: http://s12.postimage.org/64xe2ls4d/Kirsty_in_Pink_Web.jpg

sponsored links
Thorrulz
Goldmember
3,762 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Oct 17, 2012 20:52 |  #2

You have a lovely daughter and the lighting aspect seems fine as it is. I don't know if you are going after a low contrast, washed look in your processing or not, but since you have image editing turned on I will post one I boosted the contrast,saturation and hues a bit with a little dodge and burn thrown is as well.

As I stated before, you have a lovely daughter and keep her modeling for you, I have four daughters and it's a real pain to get them to pose.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Flickr (external link)
D800 I Nikon 200 f2 VR 1 I Nikon 200 f2 ED AI-S I Nikon 135 f2 DC I Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 I Nikon 50 f/1.4G I Nikon 85 f/1.8G I Pentax 645D I SMC FA 645 75 F2.8 I SMC FA 645 45-85 F4.5 I SMC FA 645 200 F4
My sister, the professional baker and cake decorator once told me that my camera takes great pics. My reply was that I thought her oven baked great cakes.:lol:

lehmanncpa
Goldmember
1,943 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 17, 2012 21:08 as a reply to  @ Thorrulz's post |  #3

I agree with Thorrulz. In your original image, the hair almost looks gray and washed out. If you want that washed out look, maybe you can tone down the saturation from Thorrulz' image a little, but keep the contrast a little higher as it gives more depth to your daughter's hair and brings out some of the features in her face.

Great capture and lighting though. I like the cropped frame and intimate appeal that the image has. You have a lovely daughter. Mine is 5 and is starting to get comfortable posing in front of the camera. It only lasts a few frames though and then she starts acting silly.

Alex
Gear List
Feedback
Photography (external link)

dawssvt
406 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Oct 17, 2012 22:19 |  #4

Nice!

St. Louis, MO Portrait and Wedding Photographer (external link)
My Smugmug (external link)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,239 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Oct 17, 2012 22:21 as a reply to  @ dawssvt's post |  #5

Beautiful shot...Love the tight framing and subtle coloring.

Mark

moon2003
THREAD ­ STARTER
107 posts
Joined May 2011

Oct 18, 2012 13:30 |  #6

Thorrulz wrote in post #15136229 (external link)
You have a lovely daughter and the lighting aspect seems fine as it is. I don't know if you are going after a low contrast, washed look in your processing or not, but since you have image editing turned on I will post one I boosted the contrast,saturation and hues a bit with a little dodge and burn thrown is as well.

As I stated before, you have a lovely daughter and keep her modeling for you, I have four daughters and it's a real pain to get them to pose.

Thanks for the compliments and the edit which looks really good my original looks so cold next to yours.
I was originaly going to go for a grungy type look as Kirsty likes that type of thing "she plays the drums and loves music" I started playing with this image to see what I could achieve.I do tend to like washed out tones in images for some reason. Somewhere along in the edit I seemed to loose site of the grungy look. I think I kept the hair lighter as Kirsty does not have pink hair so it was looking way to weird when I added more saturation.

lehmanncpa wrote in post #15136286 (external link)
I agree with Thorrulz. In your original image, the hair almost looks gray and washed out. If you want that washed out look, maybe you can tone down the saturation from Thorrulz' image a little, but keep the contrast a little higher as it gives more depth to your daughter's hair and brings out some of the features in her face.

Great capture and lighting though. I like the cropped frame and intimate appeal that the image has. You have a lovely daughter. Mine is 5 and is starting to get comfortable posing in front of the camera. It only lasts a few frames though and then she starts acting silly.

Thanks for your kind words.
Yes maybe there is a middle ground between the new edit and my original.

dawssvt wrote in post #15136544 (external link)
Nice!

Cheers :-)

rrblint wrote in post #15136564 (external link)
Beautiful shot...Love the tight framing and subtle coloring.

Yay thanks for your words glad you liked the colouring too.

sponsored links

1,018 views & 0 likes for this thread
Pink "My Daughter that is"
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.