Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
Thread started 17 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 07:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GoPro HERO3: 4K mode and 1080p 60fps, 720p 120fps

Sirrith
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 18, 2012 02:29 |  #16

danpass wrote in post #15134182 (external link)
Be advised this model takes MicroSD cards

Yuck.

-Tom
Flickr (external link)
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

sponsored links
ChadAndreo
Goldmember
1,879 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Oct 18, 2012 02:39 |  #17

Ughhh. I just bought the Hero2 last month with the dive house which comes out to be almost as expensive as the Hero3 Black.

Photographer + Cinematographer
LETS CONNECT - SOCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY SITE LINKS | Website (external link) | Wedding Site (external link) |
| Flickr  (external link) | Gear | 500px  (external link) | Tumblr (external link)

Kento
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 18, 2012 04:05 |  #18

ChadAndreo wrote in post #15137193 (external link)
Ughhh. I just bought the Hero2 last month with the dive house which comes out to be almost as expensive as the Hero3 Black.

Don't you hate when that happens? :)

My Tools
-Jesse
Unknown-Studio.com

StaticMedia
875 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Oct 18, 2012 09:09 |  #19

Damnit! I just bought a H2 back in march... I knew they would do this... decisions decisions. I did see though that the 4K mode is only 15 or 12 fps which is kinda blah. However it shoots 2.7K in 30 and 24 fps which is still amazing! and 120@720p is nice or 240 on WVGA.

Madwrench
633 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Oct 19, 2012 13:50 as a reply to  @ StaticMedia's post |  #20

Pre-ordered today from B&H. I've been waiting to see who was going to step up the game.

I have a couple of Contours, which I will probably continue to use as well. I've never liked the TeleTubby helmet mounting of the GoPro (I race off-road motorcycles and even the lower profile Contours take many hits). BUT I just can't pass up a $400 tool that specs out like this. I think we'll be seeing more GoPro footage in all sorts of professional productions now.

John ­ Sims
Goldmember
1,437 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Oct 19, 2012 16:32 |  #21

Madwrench wrote in post #15143772 (external link)
....... I think we'll be seeing more GoPro footage in all sorts of professional productions now.

The Hero 2 was pretty much the standard for outdoor action shots on TV. The whole "Spot the GoPro" game became somewhat tedious as it was more fun playing "Spot something that isn't a GoPro". At least now we can play "Hero 2 or Hero 3?" :)

John Sims
Canon 60D, 30D, 10D, AE1 & some other stuff

togish1
Goldmember
1,635 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined May 2007

Oct 19, 2012 16:40 |  #22

well, i'll be picking one of these up sometime soon! Wi'll be a great addition to my hero 2

t5i with kit lens, Canon Nifty Fifty, Sigma 530 super, Nikon SB-24(2), Canon 40mm f2.8, Canon 28-135 IS, Tokina 11-16mm f2.8, Canon 70-200 f2.8
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/togish1/ (external link)
www.tolgacetinphotogra​phy.com (external link)

Kento
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,207 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Oct 24, 2012 15:57 as a reply to  @ togish1's post |  #23

I'm holding out for when GoPro puts a 70mm IMAX sensor in these things!

My Tools
-Jesse
Unknown-Studio.com

Darryll
93 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Oct 25, 2012 02:17 |  #24

This and the C100 are on my list, hurry up and release them already :D

ben_r_
-POTN's Three legged Support-
15,894 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Oct 25, 2012 10:49 |  #25

Is the sensor any larger or are they just doing the point shoot thing and cramming more pixels on the same tiny sensor?

Sure is an inspiring promo video though. Gets me all excited about things Ill never do and never record! I love the top rated comment:

I'll be all exited when i buy this and probably end up making videos of my cat.

LOL And thats all many people who buy this WILL do with it! Flood youtube with 1080p cat videos!

[Gear List | Flickr (external link) | My Reviews] /|\ Tripod Leg Protection (external link) /|\
GIVE a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. TEACH a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime.

sponsored links

6,172 views & 0 likes for this thread
GoPro HERO3: 4K mode and 1080p 60fps, 720p 120fps
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Video and Sound Editing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.