Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 17 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 01:28
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Vineyard Sunset

stanclark
Goldmember
1,143 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Oct 18, 2012 23:50 |  #16

better

So if God made Man & Woman....whats his excuse for Nikon...

sponsored links
Qbx
Goldmember
3,962 posts
Gallery: 49 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Oct 19, 2012 01:51 |  #17

Much better - no dying vines.

-- Image Editing OK --

naemick
90 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Oct 19, 2012 02:30 |  #18

yeah agree - like the 2nd effort

Visit more pics at: http://www.naemickpics​.com (external link)
60D, 40D, 350D
11-18mm, 18-55mm, 50mm, 28-135mm, 75-300, 70-200mm f4, 100-400mm

Flo
Gimmie Some Lovin
44,987 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Oct 19, 2012 09:44 as a reply to  @ naemick's post |  #19

Better crop, but that sun is a killer with the harsh light.if that could be toned down?

you're a great friend, but if Zombies chase us, I am tripping you.

Glenlivet
THREAD ­ STARTER
94 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 19, 2012 11:36 |  #20

I did try and use the adjustment brush to select the blown out area of the sun and bring it down a bit but I coulnd't really get it to do much more then I did to the second one. But I will give it another shot and see hwat I can come up with.

My Flickr account (external link)
My 500px Portfolio (external link)
Google+ Inland Empire Photographers (external link)

Tom ­ Reichner
"That's what I do."
15,813 posts
Gallery: 173 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008
Location: from Pennsylvania, now in Washington state, road trip back and forth a lot, with extensive detouring

Oct 19, 2012 11:50 |  #21

The telephone poles provide some interesting leading lines . . . but then there are simply no poles on the left 1/3 of the frame. That's a strong element that simply drops out of the image.
Also, the sun itself works somewhat as a focal point in the image. Being such a strong element in this composition, it may be more effective if it weren't located in the middle of the frame.
BOTH of these issues could have been addressed by simply composing the image differently when you were positioning yourself for the shot.
I have re-composed the image by cropping it, just to show what may have been a more effective composition. But it really needs to be done on-site, when making the photo, to be effective.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Bassun
232 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Oct 19, 2012 11:57 |  #22

Tom just hit a great composition for that shot (I just again don't like the vignetting), and explained why it worked better dead on. I linked back to your image so it would be easy to see the before and after side by side.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Bassun
"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." ~~ Ansel Adams
Flickr! (external link)

Glenlivet
THREAD ­ STARTER
94 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 20, 2012 03:04 as a reply to  @ Bassun's post |  #23

Ok here i cropped the picture a little different. I took out some of the black space from the left and also tighten up the vineyard. I still can't seem to fix that blown out sky but what do you think?

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Vineyard Edited (external link) by PhotogSerg (external link), on Flickr

My Flickr account (external link)
My 500px Portfolio (external link)
Google+ Inland Empire Photographers (external link)

alazgr8
233 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Oct 20, 2012 04:06 |  #24

I like the original, it's striking. It tells me, morning is rising, and the farmer is already in the field. I wouldn't hang it on a wall, but if I was looking thru a portfolio, it would definately get my attention. -rick

Rick S.
My Gear = Canon 50d ~ EF 100 f/2.8L IS USM Macro ~ EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS USM ~ EF-S 17-55 IS USM f/2.8 IS ~ EF 70-300 f/4-5.6 IS USM ~ EF 28-135 IS f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

Bassun
232 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Oct 20, 2012 09:32 |  #25

I don't think I'm awake enough yet to give good feed back, to my eyes the image is now leaning down to the right, lol. Regardless of my eyes being crazy this morning I think you see the opportunity to take the same type of opportunity next time and push it to the next level.

Bassun
"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." ~~ Ansel Adams
Flickr! (external link)

calypsob
Goldmember
1,178 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Oct 21, 2012 00:35 |  #26

I think it looks good. I I did the shot I would double expose the ground and sky separately. That way the sun does not have to be as blown out.

Wes
-----------
flickr (external link)
Gear: Many gears Yes.

sponsored links

1,968 views & 0 likes for this thread
Vineyard Sunset
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.