Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 21 Oct 2012 (Sunday) 06:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Backpack with room for 055xprob + 498rc2?

N1CK
43 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Oct 21, 2012 06:45 |  #1

So I have gotten quite a nice offer on a 055XPROB and a 498RC2 ballhead.
The main reason for not on taking the offer so far, is that my current backpack (The Kata DPS-3n1-30) can't attach anywhere near the size of the 055XPROB.

I have been googleing some time and haven't been able to find any backpack yet, but maybe POTN has some suggestions?

EDIT: I'm also considering a smaller tripod, since I'm into urban exploration where you don't necessarily have room for the tripod to be open at the maximum height. I'm really just trying to get a good quality tripod (pref. Manfrotto) which is sturdy and will fit onto a backpack. But looking at the size that Kata provides as a maximum for tripods on their strap doesn't leave you with that many choices. Sizes here (external link). So i'm thinking about getting a new backpack anyway?

sponsored links
vsg28
493 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 21, 2012 08:53 |  #2

Why do you want to hold the tripod inside the backpack as opposed to attaching it from the side/middle like most backpacks do?

Canon 7D w/grip, Canon SX30 IS (modified for IR), Rokinon 14mm, Canon 24-105 L IS, Sigma 50mm, Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L IS II, Canon 100mm L IS, Kenko 1.4x Pro DG, Canon 2x II extender, Yongnuo YN-565EX, Induro CT414 with Induro BHL-3 and GHB-A

N1CK
THREAD ­ STARTER
43 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Oct 21, 2012 09:00 |  #3

That was also what I meant, English isn't my first language so sometimes I can't express myself correctly.
Thanks for pointing it out, fixing it asap! :)

Paolo.Leviste
934 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 21, 2012 09:31 |  #4

Why Manfrotto? Would something that holds slightly less weight be okay?

Benro's Travel Angels are small (14" to 15" long) but hold less weight (5-6lbs) which would be easier to fit in a backpack.

But, question is, why try to fit it in the backpack in the first place?

[Canon 5DII/30D | 24-70 f2.8L | Σ 30 f1.4 | Σ 50 f1.4 | 70-200 f4L | 580EX II ]
3.Hundred.6.SIX (external link)
SmugMug (external link)

N1CK
THREAD ­ STARTER
43 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Oct 21, 2012 09:45 |  #5

Paolo.Leviste wrote in post #15149613 (external link)
Why Manfrotto? Would something that holds slightly less weight be okay?

Benro's Travel Angels are small (14" to 15" long) but hold less weight (5-6lbs) which would be easier to fit in a backpack.

But, question is, why try to fit it in the backpack in the first place?

Well I have only tried a Manfrotto a couple of times and the generel feel of quality is great. So it's mainly because I want a good quality tripod. I have the Velbon DF60 and as you might know the overall quality is pretty bad.

I haven't heard about Benro's Travel Angels, since the 5DII's weight only is like 1.8 lbs it should leave plenty weight for a lens.

It's suppose to go onto the backpack, not in it. English isn't my first language, so I'm not sure where I screwed up and what to replace it with? :lol:

Lowner
"I'm the original idiot"
12,924 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Oct 21, 2012 09:56 as a reply to  @ N1CK's post |  #6

The Lowepro Vertex200AW allows the 055PRO to sit in a removable cup on the centre line of the backpack. Maybe not a perfect solution but it seems to work.

Richard

http://rcb4344.zenfoli​o.com (external link)

Paolo.Leviste
934 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Oct 21, 2012 10:06 |  #7

I like this one: http://www.adorama.com​/NGAMR.html (external link)

[Canon 5DII/30D | 24-70 f2.8L | Σ 30 f1.4 | Σ 50 f1.4 | 70-200 f4L | 580EX II ]
3.Hundred.6.SIX (external link)
SmugMug (external link)

N1CK
THREAD ­ STARTER
43 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Oct 21, 2012 10:16 |  #8

I must say I'm quite hooked on the Benro Travel Angel, I looked them up and they seem nice.

Do you have experience with any of the Travel Angels on http://www.amazon.co.u​k (external link) ? I don't live in the US and there's no Danish suppliers of Travel Angels, so I have to order from amazon.co.uk.

vsg28
493 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Oct 21, 2012 13:08 |  #9

You can get the newer travel angels for even cheaper from eBay (Hong Kong/China) with no danger of being cheated from reputed dealers. The ones on Amazon are the older generation tripods.

Canon 7D w/grip, Canon SX30 IS (modified for IR), Rokinon 14mm, Canon 24-105 L IS, Sigma 50mm, Canon 70-200 F/2.8 L IS II, Canon 100mm L IS, Kenko 1.4x Pro DG, Canon 2x II extender, Yongnuo YN-565EX, Induro CT414 with Induro BHL-3 and GHB-A

N1CK
THREAD ­ STARTER
43 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Oct 21, 2012 15:46 |  #10

That would be pretty cool, I looked on ebay.co.uk and found this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk …ain_3&hash=item​5892c50821 (external link)

Due to taxes and import, it's gonna cost me £150. Is it worth it? :)

sponsored links

2,095 views & 0 likes for this thread
Backpack with room for 055xprob + 498rc2?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.