Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Forums  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear
Forums  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Digital Cameras 
Thread started 21 Oct 2012 (Sunday) 09:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links (only for non-logged)

Upset with Canon Repair

Brandon ­ Anderson ­ Photos
907 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 21, 2012 09:03 |  #1

So this past week I had my 1d Mk3 in at canon for a clean and check. whille it was there I wanted the AF looked at since it had never been in there for any of the recall notices.

The camera was working perfectly when I sent it in. Anyways I got it back last Monday and all I did was take it out of the box and place the camera in my camera bag as I didnt have any shoots until Friday.

On the service sheet they sent back they said that they did the clean and check also made some electrical adjustments to the af assembly.

Friday I go to use the camera, put in a freshly charged battery go to fire up the camera and nothing. no power what so ever. I tried pulling out the battery a few times and reinserting it and still nothing. I then call CPS and let them know whats going on with it. They tell me to send it back in to them. But while I was on the phone I finally got the camera to come on I fire a image and it records nothing but black.

I then turn of the camera and the "sensor cleaning" function stays on until I remove the battery. once the battery is removed you can still faintly see that sensor cleaning in the LCD screen.

Now its back on its way to CPS I just pray that they fix it correctly and that im not charged for it since it was working fine when I sent it in.

-Rant Over For Now-

Gear: 2-1D MkIII's | 5D Gripped | 50D Gripped | Rebel 6.3 | 70-200L F2.8 MkI | 17-40 L F4 | 300mm f2.8L | 28-135 3.5/5.6 IS | Nifty Fifty | Canon 15mm 2.8 Fisheye | (2)Norman 400b | 430 ExII | Some Studio Lighting | Go Pro Hero | Go Pro Hero 2
Web Site www.ba-photos.com (external link)

Gregg.Siam
Goldmember
2,383 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Oct 21, 2012 09:10 |  #2

once the battery is removed you can still faintly see that sensor cleaning in the LCD screen.

like ghosting on the screen? If so, that's really strange

Are you sure you got the right camera back? (serial #s match)

I hope they get you going again. That's a very strange outcome for just a cleaning and AF adjustment.

5D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4 L| 50mm f/1.8 | 600EX-RT [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=bl​ue][FONT="]|
∞ 500px (external link)
flickr (external link)

Keith_D
306 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Oct 21, 2012 09:24 |  #3

Well that is a bit of a disappointment. Which location did you send it to? I would demand a refund for the clean and check to be honest.

THREAD ­ STARTER
907 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 21, 2012 19:29 |  #4

yea its like a ghosting on there stayed on for about 30 sec after i took out the battery.

Keith- It was the Irvine center, never had a problem with them before as that is where I send all my stuff to. And it was a free clean and check for being a CPS Gold member

Gear: 2-1D MkIII's | 5D Gripped | 50D Gripped | Rebel 6.3 | 70-200L F2.8 MkI | 17-40 L F4 | 300mm f2.8L | 28-135 3.5/5.6 IS | Nifty Fifty | Canon 15mm 2.8 Fisheye | (2)Norman 400b | 430 ExII | Some Studio Lighting | Go Pro Hero | Go Pro Hero 2

ScottBHughes
Mostly Lurking
18 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Oct 21, 2012 21:28 |  #5

As CPS members, we pay for the services via the membership fee. I'd request a 'freebie' or credit for a future CLA.

Tools

umphotography
grabbing their Johnson
12,271 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Oct 21, 2012 22:00 as a reply to  @ ScottBHughes's post |  #6

I have had nothing but positive results with Canon service,but they are human and not flawless. Give them the benefit of the doubt and get it looked at again. Everyone screws up now and then.

Mike
www.umphotography.com (external link)
GEAR LIST
Facebook (external link)

THREAD ­ STARTER
907 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Oct 21, 2012 22:08 |  #7

umphotography wrote in post #15152108 (external link)
I have had nothing but positive results with Canon service,but they are human and not flawless. Give them the benefit of the doubt and get it looked at again. Everyone screws up now and then.

oh I am when I called the service center they were nothing but nice, it just sucked that I had 2 hockey games this past weekend to shoot. So I ended up having to use my mk2 and the results are just not as good as the mk3.

I also have had nothing but good service from the Irvine center and I will continue to send any repair work to them.

sponsored links (only for non-logged)

1,942 views & 0 likes for this thread, 5 members have posted to it.
Upset with Canon Repair
FORUMS Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Forums   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset   •  Home

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.