The 5D Mark II has dropped to $1,500 or lower for a used body, my immediate reaction is to purchase one and hold onto my Rebel XSi as a workhorse and spare body. While the price has dropped significantly I am still in a struggle to actually purchase the 5D Mark II. With student loans hanging over my head it really pulls me back and make me second guess the purchase as I am honestly not sure if my work calls for the upgrade.
I prefer to work with portraiture and am wanting to take my portfolio in a editorial direction. I occasionally take on weddings and enjoy doing so though it is not my full time desire.
If you would kindly review my portfolio at the.jenniferhaggerty.com I would appreciate opinions and suggestions per my dilemma.
My current arsenal includes:
-AlienBee B800 with octobox
-Vivitar speedlight (this thing is so old it goes by a red dot, blue dot, yellow triangle metering that I'm not 100% on how to use)
-5 in 1 diffuser
Thank you in advance and I really am looking forward to your responses!