Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 22 Oct 2012 (Monday) 09:47
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Time for a new Cell phone whats your choice

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 23, 2012 11:37 as a reply to  @ post 15158861 |  #16

I think I have narrowed it down to the GS3 or the Droid Razr Maxx HD, there is a $100 price difference on Verizons site but I will watch for deals with the holidays coming :) we have two smart phones and two regular cells all needing to be upgraded so will see what kinda deal we can work.

I think the wife will like the Razr because it looks and acts just like droid she has now (nothing new to learn lol). I think I would be happy either way so I guess time will tell. The Maxx HD has a better screen and longer battery life so thats a big plus.

sponsored links
bfahrer
39 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Oct 23, 2012 12:59 |  #17

I'd wait until the LG is released, I have a Nexus prime right now and there is nothing better than the pure google experience imo. Its like when you purchase a new windows machine....it has tons of bloatware and crap on it, first thing you do is reload the machine. Its a bit more challenging with android devices because you are stuck waiting on a community to to make a custom rom. So to avoid, stick with a nexus device. Less headaches, more open and powerful.

| 6D | S95 | Canon 85mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75 |

jjaenagle
Goldmember
1,506 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Oct 23, 2012 13:15 |  #18
bannedPermanent ban

tangfj wrote in post #15153944 (external link)
While, I personally have an iPhone 5, if I were to buy an Android handset I'd definitely get something from the Nexus line since they are the first handsets to receive Android updates.

Forget about the Verizon nexus. i would say the iphone 5. It just works.

Instagram (external link)Website (external link)
GEAR & FEEDBACK

dandai
316 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Oct 23, 2012 15:58 as a reply to  @ jjaenagle's post |  #19

Galaxy SIII

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Oct 23, 2012 17:08 |  #20

Samsung has the most bang for your buck and is basically the Apple of Android. You can buy extra Anker batteries on Amazon for peanuts, add memory cards to carry lots of multimedia and not be restricted by how you use your phone. I would never buy a phone without a battery that can be swapped or that lacks a card slot. So for me it would be the S3 if the device is primarily used as a phone. Otherwise the Note 2 which is in a class by itself as there is nothing like it.

BLOWNCO
221 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Oct 23, 2012 17:16 |  #21

I've got the galaxy s3 now love it great device but will be getting the galaxy note 2 when its released.

BLOWNCOFOTO.COM[/URL]
Canon 1D MKIII l Canon 60D l Canon 70-200 2.8 L l Canon 300 2.8 L l Canon 28-135 "for now":lol:

82NoMe
Goldmember
2,268 posts
Gallery: 52 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2008

Oct 24, 2012 15:48 |  #22

After having three iPhones I have switched to a Galaxy S3. I am so happy to get away from iTunes and Apple's proprietary BS.

Cheers... jim

alonsovicsusb
36 posts
Joined May 2012

Oct 24, 2012 15:51 |  #23

I went with the iPhone 5. I love the photo quality and the panorama feature on the phone. With couple of photography apps I bought recently and long ago, it helps me edit and post on-the-go.

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 24, 2012 15:54 |  #24

jjaenagle wrote in post #15159439 (external link)
Forget about the Verizon nexus. i would say the iphone 5. It just works.

Nope wont do it, I will not use apple. I cant stand I Tunes, I can stand anything that starts with an "I". I have used many devices that perform great and do exactly what I want that others complain about with apple, and I paid half the price.

I think with the holidays coming up I will just watch to see what kinda deals verizon puts on. I am sure I would be more then happy with either of them.

klr.b
Goldmember
2,509 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Oct 25, 2012 02:27 |  #25

I was pretty set on the Galaxy S3. My contract is up soon, but I'm waiting to try the Note 2. Some people imported the European version and like it a lot more than the S3.

gordon
Gear and Feedback

RTPVid
Goldmember
3,365 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Oct 25, 2012 14:05 |  #26

alonsovicsusb wrote in post #15164465 (external link)
...the panorama feature on the phone...

Is that the feature you see advertized where they are panning across a group of kids in costume? (Or, maybe that isn't an Apple commercial...??_

Tom

hollis_f
Cream of the Crop
10,649 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007

Oct 26, 2012 03:57 |  #27

My choice - the iPhone. But if you want to let your prejudices rule your purchases then good luck to you. If you're really keen on supporting no-hopers then the new Nokia Windows phones will be nice and cheap real soon now.

Frank Hollis - Retired mass spectroscopist
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll complain about the withdrawal of his free fish entitlement.
Gear Website (external link)

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Oct 26, 2012 08:45 |  #28

hollis_f wrote in post #15170926 (external link)
My choice - the iPhone. But if you want to let your prejudices rule your purchases then good luck to you. If you're really keen on supporting no-hopers then the new Nokia Windows phones will be nice and cheap real soon now.

Thanks for that, but I am not interested in a Windows phone, like all the apple fanboys have said they are locked in to apple due to apps purchased and what not, I am more or less in the same boat with Android.

I also just prefer android based devices, my mp3 player is android based, my phone is android based, the tablet I plan to get in the next two months is Android based and my computer is windows based. Now if my computer/laptop was apple maybe my other devices would be as well so everthing talks to each other better. But last time I plugged an ipod into my computer I had a hell of a time getting music onto it.

lerroy
414 posts
Joined May 2010

Oct 26, 2012 09:09 |  #29

the whole im locked into apps i just dont get..how much have you guys spent on apps ? i have 89 apps on a sgs2 and really except dsrl controller and a few other most are free or cost 99 cents maybe spent at the most 40 bucks

my recommendation clearly not letting my prejudices rule my choice coming from a 3GS, sgs3 or HTC one X. how i love the freedom of dragging and dropping any video/audio/image (except raw) and having it work

JLB Photography Website (external link)
5D MKII / 5D MKIII - 17-40L - 85 1.2 L - 50 1.2 L - 70-200 F2.8 L - 100 L 2.8 Macro - 24-70 2.8L - Samyung 14mm 2.8 - 300mm F4 L

hollis_f
Cream of the Crop
10,649 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2007

Oct 26, 2012 09:10 |  #30

Littlejon Dsgn wrote in post #15171443 (external link)
Now if my computer/laptop was apple maybe my other devices would be as well so everthing talks to each other better.

My PCs are all Windows, yet I found the process of upgrading my iPhone and iPad were stupidly simple. In each case I just plugged in the new device, said 'Yes' to a few questions and came back later to a new device that was, in terms of setup, data and apps, identical to the old version.

Frank Hollis - Retired mass spectroscopist
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he'll complain about the withdrawal of his free fish entitlement.
Gear Website (external link)

sponsored links

10,073 views & 0 likes for this thread
Time for a new Cell phone whats your choice
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.