Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 25 Oct 2012 (Thursday) 19:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Firing 2 cameras at once

John ­ from ­ PA
Cream of the Crop
9,345 posts
Joined May 2003

Oct 26, 2012 09:32 |  #16

Not that I'm looking to fire multiple cameras but I'm in the market for a wireless remote and found the following. I think many can do multiple cameras, you would just need multiple receivers - always good to confirm however.

PocketWizard at http://www.pocketwizar​d.com …ls/remote_camer​a_trigger/ (external link) can control multiple cameras. Nice thing is what they call an "A" zone that essentially keeps the camera awake (at the expense of battery life). I realize you can also address the issue of the camera going to sleep through its own menu.

Also, Popular Photography just recently recommended the Satechi Wireless Remote ($60 for Canon). You can find it on Amazon. Among other things it can work as an intervalometer automatically taking a series of 30-second exposures that later can be stacked (good for star photogaphy). A key difference to more expensive units is its range of 15 feet. Some "pro" units will work at several hundred feet but can set you back about $450 (like Canon's).

The hahnel remote that others have mentioned can be found at http://www.hahnel.ie …motecontrols&id​=80&pId=80 (external link). This one works at a much longer range than the satechi and has some expanded capabilities. B&H has it for $99.

Vello FreeWave Plus Wireless ($60) at http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …Plus_Wireless_R​emote.html (external link) can control 16 cameras so long as you can find additional receivers.

Ontario55
THREAD ­ STARTER
67 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 26, 2012 10:30 as a reply to  @ John from PA's post |  #17

Thanks for the replies thus far
At this point there is no flash involved
Just the 2 cameras
I should have given more detail as to the application
So I'll add this
I'd like to add a second camera while photographing drag races
I'd put one on a tripod near the rear corner of the car when its at the staging line
The hand held camera would be pointed towards the front of the car while its at the staging lane or I may opt top shoot the car in the other lane with the hand held camera
A fraction of a second difference between activations would not be a problem
Thanks

Yogi ­ Bear
Goldmember
1,492 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Oct 26, 2012 17:01 as a reply to  @ Ontario55's post |  #18

I would suggest using the Yongnuo RF-602's. Get 2 receivers and one transmitter. Set the 2 receivers to the same frequency (dip switch selectable) and fire both from the single transmitter. I bought my RF-602 transmitter and receiver as a pair for about $26 off e-bay a year ago. The only complication is the fact that the 7D and the T2i use different remote shutter trigger sockets, so a different cable would be required for each camera. Otherwise, it should be very simple!

Canon EOS 7D | EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM | EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS |
EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM | 250D | EF-S 10-22 mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | 580 EX II |

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2,545 views & 0 likes for this thread
Firing 2 cameras at once
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.