Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 31 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 09:48
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Is Alamy down?

BioSci
406 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 31, 2012 09:48 |  #1

I've been trying to access my Alamy account this morning without success. Not only does it not recognize my password, it then goes on to tell me that it doesn't recognize my email address. Can any of you get into your accounts at Alamy today?

When I go into the front door at Alamy, I can still find my images there, so perhaps something is wrong with their login system.

Thanks

Mike

Gripped 7D | 24-70 f/2.8L II | 70-200 f/2.8L II | 100-400L | 17-55 f/2.8 | lots of misc stuff

Tyo Photographyexternal link

sponsored links
Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
13,418 posts
Gallery: 144 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Oct 31, 2012 10:25 |  #2

I've been unable to access my Alamy account for a couple weeks now. I emailed their support, and they insisted nothing was wrong on their end. But I used to get on no problem. Now all I get is an error message. Frustrating.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

Sirrith
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 31, 2012 10:44 |  #3

I can access my account normally.

-Tom
Flickr (external link)
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

Danicek
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Oct 31, 2012 12:22 |  #4

Exactly the same problem here. Likely since this morning. I think it worked yesterday. I can't login and when I go to forgot password page, it tells me it does not recognize my email address.

Seeing that there are others, I'm going to wait for a bit. There could be some problems on their side. If it does not ge resolved soon, I'll have to contact their support.

sorpa
420 posts
Gallery: 20 photos
Joined May 2007

Nov 01, 2012 09:55 |  #5

No problemo here.
Yesterday, today, nothing unusual.

BioSci
THREAD ­ STARTER
406 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Nov 01, 2012 11:32 as a reply to  @ sorpa's post |  #6

Today I got this reply from Alamy member services:

Dear Michael,

Thank you for letting us know. We are currently investigating this issue.

Kind regards
Rehana
Member Services

I sure hope they fix it soon - I still can't get in.

Gripped 7D | 24-70 f/2.8L II | 70-200 f/2.8L II | 100-400L | 17-55 f/2.8 | lots of misc stuff

Danicek
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 04, 2012 12:07 |  #7

BioSci wrote in post #15194867 (external link)
Today I got this reply from Alamy member services:

Dear Michael,

Thank you for letting us know. We are currently investigating this issue.

Kind regards
Rehana
Member Services

I sure hope they fix it soon - I still can't get in.

Got pretty much the same response.

jra
Cream of the Crop
6,562 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Nov 04, 2012 13:08 |  #8

No trouble on my end.

BioSci
THREAD ­ STARTER
406 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Nov 05, 2012 15:09 as a reply to  @ jra's post |  #9

How odd. Logins are still unavailable to me today.

Danicek
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 05, 2012 23:33 |  #10

BioSci wrote in post #15210483 (external link)
How odd. Logins are still unavailable to me today.

Yes, still the same issue and no further response from CS so far. I guess I'll wait till Thursday and then ask for an update.

BioSci
THREAD ­ STARTER
406 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Nov 06, 2012 11:07 as a reply to  @ Danicek's post |  #11

Here's my latest communication with Alamy customer service on this issue. We'll see what happens.

Dear Rehana,

For a full week now, I've been unable to access my Alamy account, and according to an active discussion on a widely-viewed internet forum, several other photographers (but not all) are having the same problem. Please advise me as to the progress in your investigation and when you expect a resolution to this issue.

Note that I am posting this message using the same email account that Alamy denies is a valid account. When I check my email address, your website replies, "We have no record of this email address. Please register here or email us at sales@alamy.com (external link) for assistance."

Please be advised that this email conversation is being posted on the online forum. Many current and possible future photographers are watching to see what transpires.

Regards,

Michael XXXXX

BioSci
THREAD ­ STARTER
406 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Nov 07, 2012 19:57 as a reply to  @ BioSci's post |  #12

And today I received the following reply:

Dear Michael,

Our technical team is still working on the issue. We are treating the matter with urgency and will confirm back in due course.

Kind regards
Rehana
Member Services

Maybe Alamy's definition of 'urgency' is different from yours and mine. :roll:

Danicek
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 12, 2012 07:53 as a reply to  @ BioSci's post |  #13

Yes, still the same issue and not real update from CS.

Maverique
880 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Nov 12, 2012 08:03 |  #14

I saw the title of this thread and thought it was about that girl from Digital Rev every loser drools over, lol :/

My website (external link) | My facebook (external link) | My flickr (external link)

casp3r
Goldmember
1,489 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2006

Nov 14, 2012 06:28 |  #15

I'm surprised this thread has lasted so long. I asked a similar question a few weeks ago about MM and one of the mods closed the thread with 'This isn't MM support'.

http://www.mcarberypho​to.co.uk (external link)
http://www.niaviation.​co.uk (external link)
Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

3,624 views & 0 likes for this thread
Is Alamy down?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.