Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 12 Jun 2012 (Tuesday) 10:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

60D users, friends and their random OT B.S.

this thread is locked
S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 06, 2012 22:26 |  #5821

pauly916 wrote in post #15209377 (external link)
Russ just got home and looked at your pics on big screen, I'm loving the vignette now !!!!! Lol
The second one makes me want to get my strat out and play.

thank you sir! we gotta do some horse trading :) those spanner tool sets have me twisted brother!

I'm Russ. Gear List
Life is too short to drink bad wine
-ching chai
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all pupils
-Louis Hector Berlioz

sponsored links
S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 06, 2012 22:27 |  #5822

vinmunoz wrote in post #15209397 (external link)
this one looks really nice. my only input on this is the horizontal alignment. it bothers me a tiny bit. just me. I also always messed with my alignment even though i have a guide in my viewfinder.

or is it distortion?

its distorted from the wall it was old brick and nothing was really straight and even with the tweaking it looks worse but i think the wonkiness really adds to this one photo particularly and the customer wanted it as is and gave me no wiggle in straightening i was told no because i produced a slightly straightened version and he told me no.

I'm Russ. Gear List
-ching chai
-Louis Hector Berlioz

S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 06, 2012 22:29 |  #5823

kev83202 wrote in post #15209600 (external link)
had my shoulder surgery Thursday, so I've just been sitting around on pain meds. looks like everyone's been getting some nice shots. I just got a call that my Sigma 70-200 is repaired, it took a long time because a part was back ordered from Sigma. The total for the repair is only $178 though so I feel great about that. now if i can just figure out how to use it with 1 arm :-)

dang dude i think that is a cheap price for how mangled that looked and the drop it survived i pray for a quick recovery and a restoration brother!

I'm Russ. Gear List
-ching chai
-Louis Hector Berlioz

S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 06, 2012 22:58 |  #5824

BurnUnit wrote in post #15211277 (external link)
You really threw me for a curve with your description of this being called a "bass joe". Interesting instrument. Interesting name. But I couldn't make any sense of why it would be called a "bass joe".

Fortunately one of your later posts shows it from a different angle and I could see the name "Bass Jo" on the tuning head. And looking at that picture I realized that it did, in fact, look like a banjo on steroids! Guess my Monday brain was still in weekend mode, but I'll sleep better tonight.

And I prefer the color shot of it. I think it shows off the lighting better.

lol thanks im not sure why im just into the black and white but the color one is nice too, but thank you for the input and critique.

I'm Russ. Gear List
-ching chai
-Louis Hector Berlioz

S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 06, 2012 23:02 |  #5825

vinmunoz wrote in post #15211442 (external link)
we'll call this "black&white" day...

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

im all in for these love the grit brother!

I'm Russ. Gear List
-ching chai
-Louis Hector Berlioz

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,941 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 06, 2012 23:06 |  #5826

tested my 24-105 and i think i will stick with it.

my ever test model(my son) shot with F11 ISO800 and 1/100sec handheld. 430EX ii onboard with Demb flip it diffuser. I think it's sharp enough, how much more if i'll use light modifiers(umbrellas).

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

100% cropped.
IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,181 posts
Gallery: 79 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 06, 2012 23:15 |  #5827

MARSURAT1 wrote in post #15216403 (external link)
Oh I would definitely get a free meal... But I think even paid photographers get that perk! Lol.

I've shot a wedding and also from essentially everything I've read - Pro wedding photographers don't have time to eat, including during when everyone else is eating at the reception, as that is when its toast and speeches. Any bride would likely be crushed if any major segment was lacking for her Big Day. Pack a few energy bars and water for the day and hope its enough. Raw stress-energy is what typically sustains photographers through 8+ hrs :lol:

find a "wedding photo list" (~here~ (external link), for example) and do that friend who's shooting it for free a favor and hand her a typical wedding day list. If she gets most or all of those shots - there is an excellent chance the bride will talk to her again after the wedding :eek: ;)

All that aside, its typical for wedding photographers to get paid $2000-3500 for shooting the bride's most important day of her life. There is much at stake - you get one chance to do it right. If you do it for a meager amount or free - make sure the bride's 'expectations' are pretty 'easy going'

just offering some thoughts for your consideration... I'm not happy with tonight's election outcome so take the above with a grain of salt - I started pouring strong drinks when I saw what the outcome was going to be... And I'm Canadian! :confused: :mad: :p

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,181 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 06, 2012 23:22 |  #5828

vinmunoz wrote in post #15216661 (external link)
tested my 24-105 and i think i will stick with it.

Hey wait - how am I supposed to get bargains on your used stuff if you keep it?! ;)

that pic is pretty soft man... sorry to be harsh... how be I do you a favor and take that soft lens off your hands for $550 as a favor?

:eek:

vinmunoz wrote in post #15216661 (external link)
... model(my son) shot with F11 ISO800 and 1/100sec handheld. 430EX ii onboard with Demb flip it diffuser.

what angle do you have your speedlight at? pointing straight up or angled? Looks like a good event rig...

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'

MARSURAT1
720 posts
Joined May 2012

Nov 06, 2012 23:25 |  #5829

Funny, I have actually read that photographers do eat during downtime/dinner, since everyone else is eating... Because who likes pictures of themselves stuffing their faces ;) it's pretty easy to pick up a camera and go, especially when you get good at predicting when a random toast will happen. Big venues I can see it being a problem.

I am definitely not expecting pro type pay, I can only dream of being that good. But something of an offer would have been nice, like gas or a trade or whatever, especially since i don't know them. Like Joe mentioned people will keep asking me to do it for free, and as you all know photography is a lot more than it seems.

And... I won't say anything about the election :D

Maria, Mars, or Marzy. Flickr. (external link)Facebook. (external link)
Canon 5Dc. Canon 60D. Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 40mm f/2.8, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. 430 EX II. YN-560 II.

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,941 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Nov 06, 2012 23:26 |  #5830

hahahaha you're funny buddy.

Angled up only. i can control the light with the demb flash diffuser. if i want less harsh or light, i can just angle it up or backward a little bit.

if the subject is far away, i'll angle it forward to push more light in forward.

if you want to just bounce to the ceiling, just flip the diffuser all the way back.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

MARSURAT1
720 posts
Joined May 2012

Nov 06, 2012 23:29 |  #5831

And I was under the impression toasts happen before or towards the end of dinner but I'm sure it varies. Though honestly when I was shooting the anniversary I was too stressed/hyped to eat much at all.

Maria, Mars, or Marzy. Flickr. (external link)Facebook. (external link)
Canon 5Dc. Canon 60D. Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon 85mm f/1.8, Canon 40mm f/2.8, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8. 430 EX II. YN-560 II.

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,181 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 06, 2012 23:29 |  #5832

MARSURAT1 wrote in post #15216708 (external link)
And... I won't say anything about the election :D

I was foolish to say anything at all - you are the wiser one :cool:

better there be arguments about lenses on this or any thread that to mention politics. 'My bad'

cheers

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,181 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 06, 2012 23:35 |  #5833

have you used it enough in varied situations where you can recommend it? Taking that amount of usage into account - what is your rating out of 10 for effectiveness and ease of use, if you don't mind?

wonder if it would fit the slightly smaller 320EX ok...

vinmunoz wrote in post #15216709 (external link)
...Angled up only. i can control the light with the demb flash diffuser. if i want less harsh or light, i can just angle it up or backward a little bit.

if the subject is far away, i'll angle it forward to push more light in forward.

if you want to just bounce to the ceiling, just flip the diffuser all the way back.

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,181 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Nov 06, 2012 23:37 as a reply to  @ Immaculens's post |  #5834

for reference, a 24-105L IS review from one of the sites I appreciate and refer to often

http://www.the-digital-picture.com …L-IS-USM-Lens-Review.aspx (external link)

Jericobot
Cream of the Crop
5,128 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Nov 06, 2012 23:56 |  #5835

^ one of my favorite lenses

α7ii + (batis 25 f2 / zeiss 55 f1,8 / macro 90 f2,8)
♥ ♦ ♣ ♠

sponsored links

647,554 views & 0 likes for this thread
60D users, friends and their random OT B.S.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.