Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 04 Nov 2012 (Sunday) 10:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Share thoughts on my very first HDR?

rivas8409
Goldmember
2,500 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Nov 08, 2012 14:17 |  #16

I wish it was bigger. It looks like a pretty cool shot. Not fond of the first one at all, but the last one is nice.

Body: Canon 5DmkII│Canon M50
Glass: Tamron 35mm f/1.4│Canon 85mm f/1.8│Canon 24-105mm f/4L│Canon 135mm f/2L│Canon EF-M 22mm f/2.0
Lights: Flashpoint XPLOR 400PRO│Flashpoint Streaklight 360│Flashpoint Zoom Li-on│AB800
Results: WEBSITE (external link)FACEBOOK (external link)

sponsored links
Zebedee123
240 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Nov 09, 2012 09:31 |  #17

Love the first one! There's a hair or something in the sky on the right that needs sorting but I think you did a great job - a definate wall hanger!

http://www.paulabeaumo​ntphotography.co.uk/ (external link)http://www.facebook.co​m/paulabeaumontphotogr​aphy (external link)
Canon 5D Mk III II Canon 5D II II Sigma macro 105mm II Tamron 24-70mm 2.8f VC II Canon 70x200mm L F2.8 Mk II II Canon 50mm F1.8 II tripods, lots of bags, flashes strobes, pocket wizards and lots of other "stuff" II

DaBowers
THREAD ­ STARTER
59 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Nov 09, 2012 11:15 |  #18

Zebedee123 wrote in post #15226145 (external link)
Love the first one! There's a hair or something in the sky on the right that needs sorting but I think you did a great job - a definate wall hanger!

That hair is called lightning :lol:

This storm caused a lot of damage to the area. Power outages, downed trees, house fires from lightning strikes. My wife was not happy that I ventured out.

Thanks everyone for the comments and ideas!!

Dennis
Isn't this where we brag about our gear? I have a super hot wife, a really cool dog, lots of bikes, oh and some overly expensive camera gear.

Quaz8r
142 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Nov 09, 2012 11:20 |  #19

I liked the first version also. You make a photograph worse the more you mess with it. Stick with what your creative intent was and make a few tweaks. I like the perspective correction but I liked the warm cast to your first image.

http://www.EyePhotoU.c​om (external link)

Dreamer14
147 posts
Joined May 2008

Nov 09, 2012 14:03 |  #20

I like them both...great job!

Dreamer14

"...and we will not fail."

Nature ­ Nut
Goldmember
1,366 posts
Joined May 2012

Nov 09, 2012 14:10 |  #21

Very surreal, like both styles. How many stops did you blend for the HDR?

Adam - Upstate NY:

DaBowers
THREAD ­ STARTER
59 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Nov 09, 2012 14:17 |  #22

That was four stops. During storms you sometime get that surreal lighting, this was definitely one of those times.

Dennis
Isn't this where we brag about our gear? I have a super hot wife, a really cool dog, lots of bikes, oh and some overly expensive camera gear.

Jedi5150
363 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 09, 2012 15:57 |  #23

I like the first one as well, but then I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic and zombie movies. ;)

Visinate
100 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Nov 09, 2012 17:02 |  #24

I like your second try a lot. The image seems a bit off kilter though, maybe tilt it a bit to the left. Otherwise decent try for a first HDR, cool spot to take a photo.

Quattrorocket
280 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Nov 12, 2012 01:23 |  #25

I think the more you work on it the better its getting, nice shot.

Body: Canon 6D Lens:Canon 70-200 f4 L | Canon 24-105 f4 L | Tamron 24-70 VC

ktc1
190 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Nov 12, 2012 11:12 |  #26

I also like the first one. OK, it's not a perfect photograph, but it is nice looking nonetheless.

5D with IR sensor & 28mm f1.8 | Fuji X100s

criollo2mil
Hatchling
4 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Nov 18, 2012 19:38 |  #27

I think the latter looks best because of the woder color range. HDR is all about the artist's preference to what they want to depict. While the forst photo was too warm for my taste, you could totally like that intention. aside from the color, some things i liked was the soft feel. Someone above said it doesnt look sharp but I kind of like HDR that is a bit softer so for me that wa snot a problem. keep up the good work...it is a very nice start.

Canon T4i Gripped | Canon 18-135mm STM | Canon 50mm 1.8

beareeyeaan
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Nov 18, 2012 23:43 |  #28

I like the one in cooler temps and here's why I say that: it creates a better contrast to the clouds and emphasizes steel and progression through architectural elements. You can see the dark clouds and the multiple colors of the buildings being reflected in the body of water. Also, the HDR really brings out the vertical lines within the buildings. This gives off a Utopian perspective.

The post apocalyptic version doesn't contain elements that would emphasize its color palette. Everything is still clean and the bronze gives the body of water a copper finish, which omits the details of the reflection and doesn't create enough contrast. Hope this helps and you did an amazing job on your first HDR!

I like pretty things :D
PM me if you're in the South Bay, I'm down to meet fellow enthusiasts. :cool:

tmoore323
Goldmember
1,945 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 19, 2012 06:38 |  #29

Like the last one

Greg ­ In ­ Ohio
59 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Nov 23, 2012 03:09 as a reply to  @ post 15221990 |  #30

Sorry- Not posting to critique, but have to say it's cool to click on something, and immediately recognize the scenery. I have wanted for a long time to photograph the Columbus skyline, and just last Sunday finally got down there and took, well...not a skyline so much, but more of a "building shot". Heres my post: https://photography-on-the.net …/showthread.php​?t=1249938

Unless something unforseen comes up, I plan to head back down there this Sunday evening again, and would like to be there before it gets dark. I live in Western Pataskala. Where are you?

sponsored links

3,660 views & 0 likes for this thread
Share thoughts on my very first HDR?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.