Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 18 Oct 2012 (Thursday) 15:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Photographers make the worst photographers!

Rich ­ Smith
85 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 21, 2012 20:32 |  #46

Another turn off is a screen covered in finger print smudges. Yes they all get smudges, but clean the damn thing before posting pictures!

sponsored links
DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,017 posts
Gallery: 39 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Oct 22, 2012 21:09 |  #47

danpass wrote in post #15146935 (external link)
I would say that stops unscrupulous sellers from using that pic in their own ad.

considering this is a photography forum though, i'd say most that are decent at photoshop can fix that up with their own name in under 2 mins...

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Oct 22, 2012 23:41 |  #48

DreDaze wrote in post #15156604 (external link)
considering this is a photography forum though, i'd say most that are decent at photoshop can fix that up with their own name in under 2 mins...

Thieves are surprisingly lazy. They won't spend time removing a name if it requires any kind of effort; they'll just move on and take a clean image.

People who would spend the effort removing a card like that are more likely to spend the effort taking their own photograph instead.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

kouman
380 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Oct 23, 2012 08:23 |  #49

When i'm selling on craigslist i usually have really good pictures, to the point where the buyer would ask in the email if i can take a picture with my cell phone. They think it's a stock photo i got off the internet. LOL

5D mark ii | Sigma 85 f1.4 | 17-40 f4L YN--468 | 2x YN-560 | Einstein AB1600 | Kacey 22" BDWebsite (external link) Flickr (external link)
Feedback 1
Feedback 2

Rich ­ Smith
85 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Oct 23, 2012 10:54 |  #50

It has become much easier to use a cell or Ipad to list things these days..My I pad takes far better pics than some I've seen posted.

SMP_Homer
Cream of the Crop
5,455 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Oct 23, 2012 11:57 |  #51

cdifoto wrote in post #15142691 (external link)
"Awesome" doesn't mean retouched to remove flaws. That's not awesome, that's fraud. Awesome basically means clean, clear, sharp, and close.

but what about all those food vendors with their product shots that look wayyyy better than what they actually serve you?

Is that fraud too?

5D4 / Want a 1D X
24-105L, 100-400L, 100L, 300 2.8L, 1.4x/2x II
Sig35A, Sig85A, Sig14-24A, Sig24-105A, Sig70-200S, Sig150-600C
600EX-II X2, 430EX-III X4

dog ­ rocket
THREAD ­ STARTER
931 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Oct 23, 2012 22:20 |  #52

Only if you're buying the exact burger in the photo! ;)

Randy...

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,248 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 10, 2012 06:48 |  #53

Here's another classic example. If a seller can't be bothered to take even a couple of basic photos I'm not interested and will move on to the next item. None of the photo gear I am interested in is rare or unique.

Do not feel pictures are necessary. Please refer to my feedback, which speaks for itself.

Flickr (external link)

JTodd
325 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Nov 10, 2012 07:01 |  #54

SMP_Homer wrote in post #15159119 (external link)
but what about all those food vendors with their product shots that look wayyyy better than what they actually serve you?

Is that fraud too?

McDonald's has some YouTube videos of their chef and photographer plus various assistants putting together a shoot for one of their burgers. They used everything right from the restaurant and managed to display it perfectly so it looked nothing like what you buy.

5D Mark II
| Canon 17-40L | Canon 24-70L | Canon 70-200L II | Tamron 90 Macro | Sigma Macro Ring Flash | Elinchrom D-Lite 4 IT and BXRi 500 |

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,248 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Nov 10, 2012 07:24 |  #55

JTodd wrote in post #15229307 (external link)
McDonald's has some YouTube videos of their chef and photographer plus various assistants putting together a shoot for one of their burgers. They used everything right from the restaurant and managed to display it perfectly so it looked nothing like what you buy.

It's all in the management and employees at each franchise. We happen to have a franchise in this area that is really on top of things and their burges pretty much look like the ads, are always fresh, and taste great. I've been to quite a few outside my area that are pretty bad and I've gotten to the point of not going to their places unless I'm familiar with them.

Flickr (external link)

mjkubba
270 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Nov 10, 2012 20:36 |  #56

Inspired by this thread :

IMAGE: https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tSuUf7mo8zc/UJ8OrbQ_ASI/AAAAAAAADx0/SE57G95Imok/s1024/IMG_0842.JPG

I'm actually giving away this film p&s, but i'm broke so no shipping, if you want it you can pick it up from me anytime you want :)
Edit : I just remembered the rules, Admins please don't ban me, i'm not selling i'm giving away, and i attached a blurry picture just for fun and to keep the current theme of this thread going.

Canon AE-1, Canon 60D, Fujifilm JX400
Canon 35-70mm, Canon 18-55mm IS, Nifty Fifty, Tamron 70-300 VC
http://folding.extreme​overclocking.com …ge.php?un=mjkub​ba&t=37726 (external link)

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,157 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Nov 12, 2012 09:18 |  #57

I hate it when people don't take good pics of their stuff!
Even when I do, though, I can't seem to sell anything. :(

I wonder if the video editors on The Titanic ever went, "Sorry, I can't right now. I'm busy synching the Titanic..."

drcig
22 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Dec 03, 2012 20:08 |  #58

A few years ago I took some pictures of things I was putting up on Ebay. A few days after posting my auctions I received a message from someone on Ebay claiming there was someone else using my photos. Low and behold I checked it out and he used all my photos to sell his identical item. No messages sent to the seller were responded to. I also watermark all my photos now too.

This lens picture hurts my eyes.

http://www.ebay.com …enses&hash=item​3f1f9c6089 (external link)

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,248 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 03, 2012 20:25 |  #59

I saw another "LNIB" lens offered on another forum. Someone asked the seller to post pictures. Seller responds with "It's LNIB, I don't need to waste my time with pictures". :lol:

Flickr (external link)

duane0524
Goldmember
4,840 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Dec 06, 2012 19:53 |  #60

K6AZ wrote in post #15322723 (external link)
I saw another "LNIB" lens offered on another forum. Someone asked the seller to post pictures. Seller responds with "It's LNIB, I don't need to waste my time with pictures". :lol:

I agree if they can't put the effort in for pictures, what kind of effort will you get when packing and shipping.

Canon 50D | Canon 17-55 | Sigma 30 1.4 | Canon 70-200 2.8 IS II| Canon 85 1.8 | 430EXII| 580EX ll | ST-E2 | Canon TC 1.4x II | Benro Travel Angel C1682TB0

sponsored links

4,811 views & 0 likes for this thread
Photographers make the worst photographers!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.