Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 13 Nov 2012 (Tuesday) 03:00
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Still haven't received my item...

5W0L3
998 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Nov 13, 2012 03:00 |  #1

Hey guys, I ordered an item (Einstein 640 adaptor for Kacey 22'' dish) and it was shipped through USPS at the end of last month... i'm still waiting for my item and I have no idea whats going on.. I contacted jerry and he told me that the item was in my country and it was waiting for approval from customs.. but it doesn't say that on the USPS tracking website.. according to them the last thing happened to my item was that it was "processed" at Los Angeles.

Here is the tracking page:

https://tools.usps.com …rigTrackNum=LK0​85369315US (external link)

The last update was 10 days ago... Can you guys advice me whats the best thing to do? Should i wait longer for the item? or should I contact USPS.. if so, then how?.. I live in Australia.

Thanks.

Manav
5D III x 2 (gripped) | 35L | 85L II | 100L | 24-70mm IIL | 70-200mm IIL | Some strobes & some speedlights.
Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Rustynail
33 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Nov 13, 2012 04:44 |  #2

If it's anything like New Zealand, once the item has left the US there is no further information on the USPS site. Be patient it is most likely not far away.

My name is Russell and I'm a photographic equipment whore.

rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Nov 13, 2012 10:47 |  #3

Tracking from USPS is worthless. Hang on, I'm sure it'll arrive.

Pearlallica
Goldmember
1,302 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 13, 2012 11:00 |  #4

i just ordered the 22" kacey dish today. Good to know the shipping method (USPS). I have yet to receive a confirmation email about my order, so I at least know it's going to be a long, long wait until it gets to Canada.

I wouldn't worry too much about your shipment. The number probabaly just hasn't been scanned on arrival. I often won't get an update on tracking for weeks until the very day it's at my doorstep.

jonathan @ tlcphoto.com (external link) - pro wedding and portrait photog
5d2 5d3 50L 16-35 70-200 ElinchromRX600 580EX 600EX VIV285

5W0L3
THREAD ­ STARTER
998 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Nov 13, 2012 11:09 |  #5

Pearlallica wrote in post #15240680 (external link)
i just ordered the 22" kacey dish today. Good to know the shipping method (USPS). I have yet to receive a confirmation email about my order, so I at least know it's going to be a long, long wait until it gets to Canada.

I wouldn't worry too much about your shipment. The number probabaly just hasn't been scanned on arrival. I often won't get an update on tracking for weeks until the very day it's at my doorstep.

this sucks man.. Next time I order anything from Jerry i'l ask him if he can ship it via Fedex. Fedex has never let me down on any delivery into Australia.

I ordered something from BH during hurricane sandy and even that arrived within 5-7 business days through Fedex and the online tracking was updated constantly throughout the transaction.

Manav
5D III x 2 (gripped) | 35L | 85L II | 100L | 24-70mm IIL | 70-200mm IIL | Some strobes & some speedlights.
Flickr (external link)

Pearlallica
Goldmember
1,302 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 13, 2012 11:16 |  #6

5W0L3 wrote in post #15240731 (external link)
this sucks man.. Next time I order anything from Jerry i'l ask him if he can ship it via Fedex. Fedex has never let me down on any delivery into Australia.

I ordered something from BH during hurricane sandy and even that arrived within 5-7 business days through Fedex and the online tracking was updated constantly throughout the transaction.

I wish B&H stocked everything. I get two day delivery to Canada (via B&H) at prices at a quarter of the shipping rate I get charged everywhere else (Adorama included). For what I'm paying through Kacey's I would get overnight from B&H. And I don't get charged customs at my door.

It's the price we're paying for saving a few bucks not going Mola I suppose ;)

5W0L3
THREAD ­ STARTER
998 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Nov 13, 2012 11:27 |  #7

Pearlallica wrote in post #15240752 (external link)
I wish B&H stocked everything. I get two day delivery to Canada (via B&H) at prices at a quarter of the shipping rate I get charged everywhere else (Adorama included). For what I'm paying through Kacey's I would get overnight from B&H. And I don't get charged customs at my door.

It's the price we're paying for saving a few bucks not going Mola I suppose ;)

haha yeah but even if I did get Mola I'd still buy the Mola to einstein adaptor from jerry since that adaptor pushes the einstein flash tube all the way inside the mola dish compared to the Alienbees adaptor you get from BH, which doesn't push the tube all the way in.

Manav
Flickr (external link)

Pearlallica
Goldmember
1,302 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 13, 2012 12:00 |  #8

5W0L3 wrote in post #15240784 (external link)
haha yeah but even if I did get Mola I'd still buy the Mola to einstein adaptor from jerry since that adaptor pushes the einstein flash tube all the way inside the mola dish compared to the Alienbees adaptor you get from BH, which doesn't push the tube all the way in.

Sounds like you've researched this a little more deeply than I have. :P

The Kacey dish was completely an impulse purchase after filling my B&H cart up with a bunch of new umbrellas and thinking, "I'm now a well regarded wedding photographer in my community, I don't need to put up with stinking umbrellas anymore if I don't want to!!".

But yeah, looks like either way a long wait is inevitable. Kacey's seems to be up to some clever development and offering solutions the big boys haven't gotten around to yet. Gotta hand it to 'em!

Fedex or Purolator alternatives would have been great. It seems like so many sellers these days stick to one shipper exclusively giving the consumer little say in how they receive their purchases. :/

Was the grid in stock when checked out? It was sold out when I tried to snag one... :(

5W0L3
THREAD ­ STARTER
998 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Nov 13, 2012 12:22 |  #9

Pearlallica wrote in post #15240888 (external link)
Sounds like you've researched this a little more deeply than I have. :P

The Kacey dish was completely an impulse purchase after filling my B&H cart up with a bunch of new umbrellas and thinking, "I'm now a well regarded wedding photographer in my community, I don't need to put up with stinking umbrellas anymore if I don't want to!!".

But yeah, looks like either way a long wait is inevitable. Kacey's seems to be up to some clever development and offering solutions the big boys haven't gotten around to yet. Gotta hand it to 'em!

Fedex or Purolator alternatives would have been great. It seems like so many sellers these days stick to one shipper exclusively giving the consumer little say in how they receive their purchases. :/

Was the grid in stock when checked out? It was sold out when I tried to snag one... :(

When I purchased my Kacey 22'' BD, i got it without the grid or the sock.. i usually use it bare outdoors without a grid/sock, so i have no idea if it was out of stock.

Definitely contemplating on buying a Mola Setti or Euro, will have to research more into it.. I have a 51'' PLM but I've rarely used it. I use my Kacey 22 everywhere for on location work (even full body shots) - but could use something larger like a Euro for that application.

Manav
Flickr (external link)

idealhobbies
70 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Nov 13, 2012 13:23 |  #10

I order from Hong Kong a lot. I have had items sit in Customs for over 2 weeks waiting to be forwarded on. It drives you nuts, but it's a waiting game. Also, food for thought, it's nearing Christmas, and the amount of packages going through Customs increases significantly and slows the process more. Some of my shipments take a month to get to me and others take a week and a half. Just depends on where you fall in the que. Good luck.

350D w/Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II --- T2i w/Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro, Yongnuo TTL Flash Speedlite YN-465, Canon SX50 HS, Panasonic Lumix DMC - FZ200

Luckless
Goldmember
3,064 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Nov 13, 2012 16:40 |  #11

If it is anything like the USPS-Canada Post switch, then their tracking should carry over to the local service.

But having stuff stuck in Customs sucks.

Worked with a group that imported a material sample with a short half-life one time, and we had all the paperwork and documentation that should have allowed us to basically walk through customs with the stuff. They held it for two months, after which we went back with the paperwork, sat an agent down to tell them what it was (or had been), what it was being used for, and that it was theirs now because it had decayed enough that it was now useless for the project. Gave the dude a quick primer on radiation, and finished the meeting by advising they invest in some lead suits, as the containment was only designed for a week outside of the lab.

(Containment would last a few centuries, but the design specs were only a week... sample size was a less than a milligram.)

Boy did we get some angry calls from Customs over that issue.

Canon EOS 7D | EF 28 f/1.8 | EF 85 f/1.8 | EF 70-200 f/4L | EF-S 17-55 | Sigma 150-500
Flickr: Real-Luckless (external link)

Pearlallica
Goldmember
1,302 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Nov 15, 2012 10:05 |  #12

5W0L3 wrote in post #15240948 (external link)
When I purchased my Kacey 22'' BD, i got it without the grid or the sock.. i usually use it bare outdoors without a grid/sock, so i have no idea if it was out of stock.

Definitely contemplating on buying a Mola Setti or Euro, will have to research more into it.. I have a 51'' PLM but I've rarely used it. I use my Kacey 22 everywhere for on location work (even full body shots) - but could use something larger like a Euro for that application.

The Euro. That's one big motha. I'm sure that would be a real treat hauling around.

Do you recall if you received your tracking number promptly after placing your order? I'm going on 48 hours I've received absolutely no follow-up email about my purchase, tracking... nothing.

sponsored links

1,997 views & 0 likes for this thread
Still haven't received my item...
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.