Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 18 Nov 2012 (Sunday) 22:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Team sports contract/bid

Grumpy_one
611 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Nov 18, 2012 22:37 |  #1

I've been approached to bid for one of the local youth league sports to do the team pictures. It's boys/girls Lacrosse. I've been doing sideline photos of these kids for years, being our kids have been on these teams. So the board who the bid will go to knows who I am. I have the skills and equipment. I just have never put a bid in before or have officially done team sports pictures. I need help on what a bid should look like, where to get forms, and picture folders for individual and team picture, what contracts are needed etc.
I know who the competition is and have been to their websites numerous times. I do have a website and do mostly live sports of the kids.
If anyone can point me in the right direction that has done this or doing it, I greatly appreciate some help. I'll be googling in the mean time, thanks.

I shoot Canon's
1DX II, Canon 7D Gripped, 5D3, 24-70L II, 70-200L 2.8 IS Mk I, 85 1.8, Pocket Wizard II triggers, assorted speedlites and modifiers, 580EX, 580EXII, YN560's (6 or so) 50 1.4, t/c 1.4 MkII
www.happyvalleyphotogr​aphy.com (external link)

JacobPhoto
Goldmember
1,434 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Nov 19, 2012 19:58 |  #2

In the end, it doesn't matter what other people have used for paperwork. It matters what your client wants to see for paperwork.

Do they want a flat rate? do they want a per-day price? per-game price? Per-team price? What images will the league be able to use and what for?

Will you be exclusive? how long will you have that exclusivity?

What is the product you are delivering? Web images? prints? online galleries?

There's a lot of questions that need answering.

~ Canon 7d / 5D ~ Novatron strobe setup + Vagabond
~ Some L glass, some flashes, the usual

Joe300
519 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Nov 19, 2012 19:59 |  #3

Hello,
How many teams are you going to be doing.. one team, five teams..etc..
you have a web site set up already, I seen that, nice photo's.
1. you could shoot all the T&I then post on your web site and let them buy what they want.

2. Check out GPS group photographer Assoc. for printing items, etc.

3. does the league want a kick back $$$ from sales..

4. I try to give back 5 - 10 % of my net profit to the league--baseball , football, soccer, etc.

5. if you go with your web site. show them the prices you charge, if you go with GPA show them your printed price list and photo items that you can get for the league photos..

6. Good Luck,
Joe...
** if they approached you to bid that is the 1st foot in the door...make a few $$$ and be fair to league.

A lot of Canon gear=300D & 1Dmkiii, Lens and some studio gear,
WL x1600 etc.
Two Bronica SQ-Ai outfit too! 'Old School'
www.joelaroccaphotogra​phy.com (external link)

Grumpy_one
THREAD ­ STARTER
611 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Nov 20, 2012 20:15 |  #4

JacobPhoto wrote in post #15265925 (external link)
In the end, it doesn't matter what other people have used for paperwork. It matters what your client wants to see for paperwork.

Do they want a flat rate? do they want a per-day price? per-game price? Per-team price? What images will the league be able to use and what for?

Will you be exclusive? how long will you have that exclusivity?

What is the product you are delivering? Web images? prints? online galleries?

There's a lot of questions that need answering.

Yeah, these were the same questions I had. I had one day to put a cover letter and quote together before going out of town for holiday. She seemed to be happy with what I turned in, now I wait and see. Thanks all, happy holidays

I shoot Canon's
1DX II, Canon 7D Gripped, 5D3, 24-70L II, 70-200L 2.8 IS Mk I, 85 1.8, Pocket Wizard II triggers, assorted speedlites and modifiers, 580EX, 580EXII, YN560's (6 or so) 50 1.4, t/c 1.4 MkII
www.happyvalleyphotogr​aphy.com (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,473 views & 0 likes for this thread
Team sports contract/bid
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.