Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 20 Nov 2012 (Tuesday) 12:55
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

For Those That Missed Out on 1st Group Purchase of 5DIII

Glockfan
142 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 20, 2012 12:55 |  #1

Hello,

I am not affiliated with this shop other than purchasing a lot of cameras and lenses from them. However, they are an excellent dealer and David has always taken care of me.
They are are an AUTHORIZED Canon Dealer and offering an AWESOME Price on the 5DIII this week.
I am just passing on the deal for those that want it.

The shop is Profeel.com or also known as PMI Digital on Ebay.
You can email David at: david@profeelvideo.com (external link)

You will need to mention my name "Jeff" or this forum name to get the discounted price.

*PLEASE DO NOT POST THE PRICE IN THE FORUM*

Canon 7D | Canon 24-105 f4L IS| Canon 70-200 f4L IS

sponsored links
Justaddwata
Goldmember
1,330 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 20, 2012 14:47 |  #2

Glockfan wrote in post #15268567 (external link)
Hello,

I am not affiliated with this shop other than purchasing a lot of cameras and lenses from them. However, they are an excellent dealer and David has always taken care of me.
They are are an AUTHORIZED Canon Dealer and offering an AWESOME Price on the 5DIII this week.

The shop is Profeel.
You can email David at: david@profeelvideo.com (external link)

You will have to mention my name "Jeff" or this forum name to get the discounted price.

*PLEASE DO NOT POST THE PRICE IN THE FORUM*

Curious - why you are listed in the second group buy for a 5D 3 if this deal is so hot?
https://photography-on-the.net …?p=15258800&pos​tcount=253

Proudly Australian Made!!
1D MKIII, 5D MkIII gripped, 7D gripped, 40D gripped, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Sigma 28mm f1.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8 OS,
"Sigmonster" 300-800mm, Canon 70-200mm Mk II IS L, Canon 24-105mm L, Canon 17-40mm L, Canon 35-350mm L, 580 EXII, 430EX, Canon 2X Extender MkII

HiepBuiPhotography
Goldmember
1,612 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Nov 20, 2012 14:53 |  #3

I don't get it. How come we can't post the price? How can I be interested if I don't know the price?

Hiep Bui Photography | Harrisburg Wedding Photographer (external link)

Numenorean
Cream of the Crop
5,013 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Nov 20, 2012 14:58 |  #4

I thought group buys weren't allowed here?

Gear List

Glockfan
THREAD ­ STARTER
142 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 20, 2012 15:43 |  #5

Justaddwata wrote in post #15268961 (external link)
Curious - why you are listed in the second group buy for a 5D 3 if this deal is so hot?
https://photography-on-the.net …?p=15258800&pos​tcount=253

I have made other arrangements from my seller.

Glockfan
THREAD ­ STARTER
142 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 20, 2012 15:46 |  #6

Guys, they have more great prices on other things as well, not just the 5D III if interested.
This isn't a group purchase per say, I am simply letting you know of a good deal if interested.

Rstanford
201 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Nov 20, 2012 16:49 |  #7

Something is not right with this. I would stay away.

LV ­ Moose
Moose gets blamed for everything.
23,357 posts
Gallery: 209 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Nov 20, 2012 17:25 as a reply to  @ Rstanford's post |  #8

I find it interesting that you (Glockfan) have been posting off and on since 2009 (3 in May 2009, 28 in May 2011, about 62 between Jan 2012 and now), and have yet to post a picture. Except for a few comments on others' photos, you're all about buying and selling. Do you actually take pictures?

Just wondering.

Moose

Gear... Flickr (external link)...Flickr 2 (external link)...
Macro (external link)...Hummingbirds (external link)
Aircraft (external link)

Glockfan
THREAD ­ STARTER
142 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 20, 2012 17:36 |  #9

LV Moose wrote in post #15269538 (external link)
I find it interesting that you (Glockfan) have been posting off and on since 2009 (3 in May 2009, 28 in May 2011, about 62 between Jan 2012 and now), and have yet to post a picture. Except for a few comments on others' photos, you're all about buying and selling. Do you actually take pictures?

Just wondering.

LV, I have been a member since 2009, I have taken plenty of pics. I am not a professional photographer. If you took the effort to check my ratings you would find they are 100% positive as well. I simply posted a good deal from an AUTHORIZED Canon dealer for those interested. From my understanding the market place forum is where we can post good deals correct? If you don't want it, by all means no one is making you..

Glockfan
THREAD ­ STARTER
142 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 20, 2012 17:37 |  #10

Rstanford wrote in post #15269411 (external link)
Something is not right with this. I would stay away.

Rstandord, this is totally legit.
I recommend you check your facts before posting something that is false.

Glockfan
THREAD ­ STARTER
142 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 20, 2012 17:39 |  #11

HiepBuiPhotography wrote in post #15268988 (external link)
I don't get it. How come we can't post the price? How can I be interested if I don't know the price?

PM Sent as to the reason why.

Rittrato
Goldmember
1,224 posts
Joined May 2010

Nov 20, 2012 18:06 |  #12

For what its worth, Profeel is indeed a Canon Authorized Dealer. I purchased several items from their EBAY store before (PMI Digital).

zyx5432
411 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Nov 20, 2012 19:09 |  #13

Rittrato wrote in post #15269728 (external link)
For what its worth, Profeel is indeed a Canon Authorized Dealer. I purchased several items from their EBAY store before (PMI Digital).

FWIW, I just recently purchased my 1Dx from these guys for a great price (relative to list) and everything went without a hitch. I'm normally a B&H guy but my deal worked out fine. YMMV.

Jim_______________
1Dx | 5D Mk III Gripped | 17-40 f/4L | 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.8 II | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | 500 f/4L IS | 580 EX II

Rstanford
201 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Nov 20, 2012 19:48 |  #14

What did i post that was false? You can't tell people your not affiliated with the store, then tell people they have to use your name to get some type of discount, that means your affiliated somehow, that should raise people's suspicion, if this store is giving such a discount on 5dm3''s that hou start a thread about it then Why are you signed up to buy yours through the group buy? That's should raise another red flag.

This is how scams are done nowadays, your potn account gets takenover and the scammer posts somthing like above with your account, when someone click the link your email gets redirected to the scammer and they tell you they have what your looking for and give you the total the. They charge your credit card, they get your money you get nothing.

You have enough red flags in this thread to warrant suspicion.

And what facts should I check?

Glockfan
THREAD ­ STARTER
142 posts
Joined May 2009

Nov 20, 2012 19:56 |  #15

Rstanford wrote in post #15270138 (external link)
What did i post that was false? You can't tell people your not affiliated with the store, then tell people they have to use your name to get some type of discount, that means your affiliated somehow, that should raise people's suspicion, if this store is giving such a discount on 5dm3''s that hou start a thread about it then Why are you signed up to buy yours through the group buy? That's should raise another red flag.

This is how scams are done nowadays, your potn account gets takenover and the scammer posts somthing like above with your account, when someone click the link your email gets redirected to the scammer and they tell you they have what your looking for and give you the total the. They charge your credit card, they get your money you get nothing.

You have enough red flags in this thread to warrant suspicion.

And what facts should I check?

Try calling the store if you are afraid to email them..I could care less. I have no affiliation. Although I did talk to the store about discounted prices if members choose to purchase.

As to the false statement I was referring to, "Something is not right with this".
I recommend you verify it first before automatically posting something false.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.

sponsored links

6,721 views & 0 likes for this thread
For Those That Missed Out on 1st Group Purchase of 5DIII
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.