Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 22 Nov 2012 (Thursday) 10:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama ---

this thread is locked
vargasjv
THREAD ­ STARTER
751 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2005

Nov 22, 2012 11:32 |  #16

joeblack2022 wrote in post #15276252 (external link)
Understand your frustration but Adorama technically hasn't done anything wrong, it just seems like bad timing. I realize that most major retailers now have a price match guarantee or honour sale prices within a certain window.

But... is the lens you bought available at those stores?

You are probably right where technically they didn't do anything wrong. However, telling me to return somethign for the same thing isn't a good answer at all (that's my opinion)...

I get it, i missed the special deal on Twitter, The VISA deal i sfustrating becuase it happen a bit over 2 hours after i ordered.. And today's deal is also fustrating becasue I want to keep the lens - not send it back and re-order.

Anyway -- i will drop it..

sponsored links
12Rock
635 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2010

Nov 22, 2012 11:37 |  #17

this did not go Varg's way at all ...yeah sorry dude , just return the order if you feel wronged .. I don't see adorama's wrong here

vargasjv
THREAD ­ STARTER
751 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Nov 22, 2012 11:43 |  #18

12Rock wrote in post #15276276 (external link)
this did not go Varg's way at all ...yeah sorry dude , just return the order if you feel wronged .. I don't see adorama's wrong here

I wasn't trying to make it go my way. I was sharing an experience --- but I am somewhat surprised with some of the comments.

I am more than fine, I got the lens I wanted and I learned something about the retailer. I also learned that sharing an experience on here, might not be that wise.

Xyclopx
Goldmember
1,714 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Jul 2008

Nov 22, 2012 12:22 |  #19

Kirill wrote in post #15276258 (external link)
You buy from Adrorama\B&H for the good service. Good service can't come at the lowest price.
Buying things nowdays is like buying shares of stock - you pay one price, in an hour it will a different price.

well, i don't see what's wrong with expecting the lowest price AND the best service. and that's why i always order through adorama. they almost always have the best price, and their service always did what they're supposed to for me.

but i am glad that the op posted this--at least now i know it is a possibility adorama would not go that extra step after the item has been shipped.

doesn't really change if i will order from them though. just know i need to be more careful now.

Dean Chiang (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Blog (external link) | Gear (external link)
My Photos (external link)
Instagram @xyclopx (external link) @feetandeyes (external link) @gastramour (external link)

vargasjv
THREAD ­ STARTER
751 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Nov 22, 2012 12:28 |  #20

Xyclopx --

I am sure that 99.9% of the time they do a great job. Was it timming? Maybe - but my point is that my PERSONAL experience could have been better, that is all. I would have liked if they could have made me feel -- like they really valued my biz.....

I will not tell anyone not to order from anyone.. Might i order from them again.. sure maybe

leroy_sunset
679 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Nov 22, 2012 12:33 |  #21

vargasjv wrote in post #15276208 (external link)
So thanks for calling me pathetic and mental... Nothing like name calling when i am sharing my personal experience on here....

Thanks for the support --- looking foward when i can do the same for you!

More like commenting on your state of mind. But good luck with the lens, I am sure you'll enjoy it. Happy holidays bro.

Canon's Jurassic Park - 1Ds, 1D bodies
My traveling buddy: the trusty S95
Newest addition: T2i
Glass - 50mm 1.4, 40mm 2.8 STM, "the dirty 85" 1.8, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 430exII, 270ex, and more... including my favorite Lens: the 17-40mm!

Bleufire
Goldmember
1,203 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Nov 22, 2012 16:05 |  #22

I fail to see how this reflects Adorama individually. This is the same response you would get from 90% of vendors and the other 10% would tell you to go pound sand.

vargasjv wrote in post #15276295 (external link)
but I am somewhat surprised with some of the comments.

So what does this say about your view on the situation?

5D*Sigma 50/1.4*EF 17-40/4
New to Photography? ----> ENJOY! Canon DSLR! (external link)

vargasjv
THREAD ­ STARTER
751 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Nov 22, 2012 16:17 |  #23

Bleufire wrote in post #15277124 (external link)
I fail to see how this reflects Adorama individually. This is the same response you would get from 90% of vendors and the other 10% would tell you to go pound sand.

So what does this say about your view on the situation?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

orisky
Goldmember
1,398 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Nov 22, 2012 17:10 |  #24

Amazon does the same thing. As a matter of fact, if you find a lower price and the product is in transit, they tell you to refuse shipment, as opposed to giving you a credit...even though in most cases giving you the credit is cheaper than them resending. However, I would guess that they've thought it through thoroughly and at a macro level, it's cheaper for them to have that policy. It doesn't make me buy from Amazon (or Adorama), or any other vendor less.

EOS 5D MIII | 24-70 F2.8L | 70-200 F2.8L IS II | 35 F1.4L | 85 F1.2L II | [SIZE=1]135 F2L | 16-35 F2.8 F2L II | 100 F2.8 Macro | Sigma 15-30 | 580EX II

rgregoryb
261 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Nov 22, 2012 17:19 |  #25

if they raised the price after you ordered, would you send them a check?

Leica D-LUX 4

vargasjv
THREAD ­ STARTER
751 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Nov 22, 2012 17:23 |  #26

rgregoryb wrote in post #15277306 (external link)
if they raised the price after you ordered, would you send them a check?

Really? That's your input.... LOL

Seapup
Goldmember
2,728 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Nov 22, 2012 17:56 |  #27

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/jpeg'

Canon 5D2 | 60D | A620 | SD850 IS | SD4000 IS
Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 | 17-55 f/2.8 IS | 50 f/1.4 | 100 f/2.8L Macro IS | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS

rgregoryb
261 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Nov 22, 2012 18:19 |  #28

vargasjv wrote in post #15277319 (external link)
Really? That's your input.... LOL

yea, figured it worked well in your tale of woe

Leica D-LUX 4

vargasjv
THREAD ­ STARTER
751 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Nov 22, 2012 18:23 |  #29

rgregoryb wrote in post #15277452 (external link)
yea, figured it worked well in your tale of woe

Yes. It was fantastic!

KirkS518
Goldmember
3,983 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Nov 22, 2012 19:30 as a reply to  @ vargasjv's post |  #30

Doesn't your Visa provide a 'price protection'? If it doesn't, will you start a thread slamming Visa for not getting you the lowest price?

ie., this is not a problem with Adorama, Visa, or even you. It's simply a matter of patience. You knew what price you missed, and you knew what price you were paying at the time of purchase, and were comfortable when you clicked through. Be happy you got the lens you wanted, at a price you were comfortable paying at the time of purchase. Every price on every item will eventually go down, it's just a question of are you willing to wait.

And I really agree with rgregoryb - if they raised the price afterwards, would you send then the difference?

If steroids are illegal for athletes, should PS be illegal for models?
Digital - 50D, 20D IR Conv, 9 Lenses from 8mm to 300mm
Analog - Mamiya RB67 Pro-SD, Canon A-1, Nikon F4S, YashicaMat 124G, Rollei 35S, QL17 GIII, Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex 1st Version, and and entire room full of lenses and other stuff

sponsored links

2,659 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adorama ---
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.