Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 25 Nov 2012 (Sunday) 10:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fuji X-Pro1 and a Lens for $1699, A $600 discount

swldstn
977 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 25, 2012 10:32 |  #1

To anyone interested Fuji has dropped their price on the X-pro1 body by $300 and if you bundle it either the 18mm or 35mm you will receive an additional $300 off so the body plus one lens is $600 cheaper. The price drop gor from Nov 25th to some time in February.

I validated that B&H is offering as stated.

Just an FYI

Steve Waldstein
---------------
Love to Shoot - a Digital SLR (and now a Mirroless ILC) are my weapons of choice
Gear List

sponsored links
Rittrato
Goldmember
1,224 posts
Joined May 2010

Nov 25, 2012 11:08 |  #2

I think its only $300.00 savings. I tried adding both and a discount was only given to the lens. Xpro 1 is still selling for $1399.95

swldstn
THREAD ­ STARTER
977 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 25, 2012 12:19 as a reply to  @ Rittrato's post |  #3

Not what I go when I ordered mine. You get both for $1699

Steve Waldstein
---------------
Love to Shoot - a Digital SLR (and now a Mirroless ILC) are my weapons of choice
Gear List

rjx
Goldmember
2,668 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 26, 2012 06:07 |  #4

This is awesome. Since this deal started yesterday, XP1's are going cheaper on EBAY. One sold yesterday for $1000. And I'm negotiating with two sellers for $950. Seems like there might be a little desperation to sell.

Used XP1's have been selling in the $1050-$1150 range on forums. Ebay's been about $1200ish. But that was before the new price drop. Amazon warehouse has a like new XP1 for under $1100 and many used ones for lower. :D

"It doesn't matter what camera you have if your photography has nothing worthwhile to say"
“Photos are everywhere. You just have to know how to look.”

Mark-B
Goldmember
2,248 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Nov 26, 2012 06:21 |  #5

Rittrato wrote in post #15286841 (external link)
I think its only $300.00 savings. I tried adding both and a discount was only given to the lens. Xpro 1 is still selling for $1399.95

swldstn wrote in post #15287077 (external link)
Not what I go when I ordered mine. You get both for $1699

You are both correct.

The camera body is selling for the normal price of $1399. If you buy a bundle with an 18mm or 35mm lens, you get a $300 discount off of the normal $600 lens price.

That's a total price of $1699.

Mark-B
msbphoto.comexternal link

shujert
595 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Nov 26, 2012 20:34 |  #6

Insane...I bought mine when they first came out; guess I paid the price for being an early adopter. I couldn't sell my kit without taking a beating on the price, so it's a good thing I love the damn camera.

Shu
flickr (external link) feedbackLeica M + 50 Lux ASPH

nonick
Goldmember
1,587 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Nov 26, 2012 21:11 |  #7

Excellent price. The deal is really good. I decided to wait for the XE1 kti ... but it's a tough decision to pass this great deal... I still have 2 hours to change my mind.... LOL

Gear|Searching for 7DII, Buying 5DIII 35L II, 24-70 2.8L IS

swldstn
THREAD ­ STARTER
977 posts
Joined May 2007

Nov 26, 2012 22:31 |  #8

I looked at trying to get a used on and there are good deals on the body but couldn't really find any deals on the lenses so instead of paying $1100 for a used body and $525 for a used lens (Total $1625) I bought brand new for $1699. Only $74 more for a full warranty.

Anyone find a good deal on a used 18mm f/2 lens?

Steve Waldstein
---------------
Gear List

rjx
Goldmember
2,668 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 27, 2012 00:28 |  #9

swldstn wrote in post #15293702 (external link)
I looked at trying to get a used on and there are good deals on the body but couldn't really find any deals on the lenses so instead of paying $1100 for a used body and $525 for a used lens (Total $1625) I bought brand new for $1699. Only $74 more for a full warranty.

Anyone find a good deal on a used 18mm f/2 lens?

Today I negotiated a deal on EBAY for a like new XP1 w/ grip + extra genuine Fuji battery for $960 shipped. The seller said he used the camera like 5 times and because of his other cameras, didn't find time to use the XP1. Claims he purchased it a few months ago. If the camera looks as clean in person as it does in the pictures, then he just might be telling the truth. He had A LOT of positive feedback.

I've seen the 18mm and 35mm sell for $300 used on some forums. Not sure how frequently that happens though since I was never actively looking. But now the search is on hehe

"It doesn't matter what camera you have if your photography has nothing worthwhile to say"

rjx
Goldmember
2,668 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 27, 2012 00:44 |  #10

shujert wrote in post #15293257 (external link)
Insane...I bought mine when they first came out; guess I paid the price for being an early adopter. I couldn't sell my kit without taking a beating on the price, so it's a good thing I love the damn camera.

IMO Fuji didn't do themselves any favors. Releasing a camera that shouldn't have been released before the needed firmwares, people on internet forums constantly talking about those negatives and scaring people from buying into the system, the issues (for some) with RAW support, and then when everything is improving, they release the X-E1 @ $700 cheaper, cutting into the XP1's sales.

Thankfully there are those that realize how special a camera the XP1 is and are willing to learn it because in the right hands, it's nothing short of outstanding. Not to repeat the hype, but this camera (and the X-E1) is capable of image quality that rivals FF cameras. Lots of detail, and great ISO performance in the 3200-6400 range. If only Fuji hadn't taken so long to address some of the issues the camera suffered from when first released. The XP1 would have been much more popular and held it's value better, imo.

BrianS
412 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 28, 2012 22:10 as a reply to  @ post 15300611 |  #11

Hey if you see any cool deals on the XP1 let us know. I would love to pick one up. Rented one a while back and loved shooting with it. The only turndown was that LR did a bad job at the RAW. That's probably still the case but I still remember how it was to shoot with the camera. I went down the MFT route instead but no further than I would pick one up if I could get it a good price.

Canon 5D3, Leica M6, Fujifilm x100 & Olympus E-M5 | Walkabout Street (external link)

rjx
Goldmember
2,668 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 28, 2012 23:46 |  #12

BrianS wrote in post #15302582 (external link)
Hey if you see any cool deals on the XP1 let us know. I would love to pick one up. Rented one a while back and loved shooting with it. The only turndown was that LR did a bad job at the RAW. That's probably still the case but I still remember how it was to shoot with the camera. I went down the MFT route instead but no further than I would pick one up if I could get it a good price.

A few days ago I negotiated with a few sellers on EBAY. First seller was okay for $950 shipped for the body. He was depressed because he said he had recently purchased it and already he's losing almost 50%. He took a picture of his BH invoice and it was dated from September.

But I decided to go with another seller for $986 shipped w/ an extra genuine Fuji battery & grip included. The seller claimed in his description he probably never should have purchased it and he estimated around 500 actuations. The body looks barely touched and the seller had great feedback. So I felt good about getting that one.

Lot's of people are selling. Use their price as the starting price and see what happens.

How do you like using the XP1 compared to the Monochrom?

If I see any good deals I'll let you know.

YGPM

rjx
Goldmember
2,668 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Nov 29, 2012 07:58 |  #13

I just found this on Flickr

XP1 Dynamic Range
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/kinematic/81181​57817/ (external link)

BrianS
412 posts
Joined May 2006

Nov 29, 2012 13:37 |  #14

rjx wrote in post #15302839 (external link)
How do you like using the XP1 compared to the Monochrom?

They were very similar in handling. Of course the focus mechanism is different but both of them felt right in my hands. For the style of shooting I do (spur of the moment street photography) that is the most important thing for me. If the MM wasn't 8k I would totally go for it. I remember the XP1 feeling very similar in my hands and let's face it, I do like the idea of auto focus.

I really wish Fuji would make it possible to focus similar to the Leica cameras. I depend on zone-focusing a lot and the Leica was definitely the best camera for that. The Fuji was close to it though, not at all impossible to zone-focus with.

Canon 5D3, Leica M6, Fujifilm x100 & Olympus E-M5 | Walkabout Street (external link)

Bazinga
361 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Nov 29, 2012 14:28 |  #15

How's the AF speed on the Xpro1? I remember hearing it was an issue early on but was there any firmware update to improve it?

sponsored links

1,541 views & 0 likes for this thread
Fuji X-Pro1 and a Lens for $1699, A $600 discount
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.