Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
Thread started 30 Nov 2012 (Friday) 05:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Gloves...

Matt ­ Peters
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Nov 30, 2012 05:23 |  #1

Talk to me! I had some motor cross ones that were great but can't find them and more and I destroyed my last pair when they got full of car oil.. Doh!

What are people wearing/using at the mo?

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
1D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 MKII | 430ex x2 | RF-602 triggers x4

sponsored links
lannes
Goldmember
4,370 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Nov 30, 2012 05:42 |  #2

I use the lowepro gloves as you can expose the fingers to change camera controls

http://www.daymen.ca …epro%20Photo%20​Gloves.jpg (external link)

1Dx, 1DM4, 5DM2, 7D, EOS-M, 8-15L, 17-40L, 24 TSE II, 24-105L, 50L, 85L II, 100L, 135L, 200L f/2.8, 300L f/4, 70-200L II, 70-300L, 400Lf/5.6

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,706 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Nov 30, 2012 08:35 |  #3

These are great. Super lightweight, warm, and small holes in only 2 fingers enable you to use a smartphone too.

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …es&sts=ma&Top+N​av-Search= (external link)

rklepper
Dignity-Esteem-Compassion
8,994 posts
Joined Dec 2003
Location: No longer living at the center of the known universe, moved just slightly to the right. Iowa, USA.

Nov 30, 2012 20:17 |  #4

For shooting I use a pair of north face e-tips. They go under a pair of mittens with removable finger tips.n wonderful for cold weather and retaining dexterity.

Doc Klepper in the USA
I
am a photorealist, I like my photos with a touch of what was actually there.
Polite C&C always welcome, Thanks. Gear List

Joe ­ Ravenstein
Goldmember
2,338 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 30, 2012 22:09 |  #5

Basspro shops have cold weather gloves with the fingertips removed for shutter actuation or for holding the line if you actually use them for fishing.

Canon 60D,18-55mm,55-250mm,50mm compact macro, AF ext tubes. Sigma 8-16mm uwa, 18-250mm, 85mm F1.4, 150-500mm

LPMM
243 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Nov 30, 2012 22:17 |  #6

Yep, a cheap alternative is ice fishing gloves or mittens like these (external link)

Cheers,
Laurent
POTN Feedback thread FM Feedback page (external link) flickr Page (external link)
5D MK III | SL1 | 300mm ƒ2.8L IS | 70-200mm ƒ2.8L IS II | 24-70mm ƒ2.8L | 2x III Extender | 18-135mm STM

sonnyc
Cream of the Crop
5,155 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Nov 30, 2012 22:20 |  #7

Check out costco. They have some running gloves that are thin and warm. They also have some nice snow gloves too. For $12, it's worth a look.

Sonny
website (external link)|Gear List

happy2010
Looking for the light first
559 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Dec 01, 2012 10:00 |  #8

Dear Matt,

Some options which I find pleasant are...
(& have dedicated gloves stored in a convenient outer pocket of your camera bag(s), then they won't get lost or oiled - a place for everything and everything in its place. Sorry couldn't resist sounding possibly like your mother, haha!)

For slightly cold weather-
LOWEPRO: (like LANNES already indicated); but not sure if Lowepro still makes gloves as I haven’t seen any at Western Canada retailers in the last year, nor could I find on Lowepro web site.

For colder weather-
FREEHANDS: http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …tretch_Gloves_M​edium.html (external link)
(there are men's versions too; see the 1:49 minute product demo video in the link)

And for the 1DmkIII with mounted 500f4+2xTCmkIII/or 1.4TCmkII this:
OP/TECH USA: http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …C_1_Mega_Shoot_​Cover.html (external link)
Possibly for your 1DmkIII with mounted 24-105f4 or 50f1.8mkII:
http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …Digital_D_Soft_​Pouch.html (external link)
(I have both of these OP/TECH USA products)

Good luck and keep warm (as you know from MX mottos... dry = warmth).

Mary
P.S. Don't forget about a nice pair of warm but flexible socks too, your toes will thank you!

MARY

Matt ­ Peters
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
12,336 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Dec 01, 2012 13:17 |  #9

Thank you all for your advice.. I will do some research and see what I can find here in the UK! I would like some of what I had originally but I can't find them anywhere?! Argh..

I don't want anything too think, I go Urbexing with a friend so need them to be tough when climbing fencing, walls etc..

Thanks, Matt

The 16th UK South-East "The Cooper Crawley Creche" Thread (All Welcome)
1D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4L | 50mm f/1.8 MKII | 430ex x2 | RF-602 triggers x4

rsash
60 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Dec 01, 2012 14:06 as a reply to  @ Matt Peters's post |  #10

I use gloves something like this - fingerless mittens - keeps your fingers warm until you peel them back to work the camera.

Got mine from Decathlon who sell in the UK now, with mine the thumb folds back as well.

http://workingperson.c​om …ve-mitts-glv10-79544.html (external link)

Tanglefoot47
Goldmember
2,413 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Dec 02, 2012 13:58 |  #11

I have a pair of Matin gloves that are pretty darn good. The pointing finger and thumb can be opened to expose the tips and make camera adjustment then you can cover them up afterwards to keep them warm.

neilgcart
143 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 02, 2012 14:12 |  #12

I use an older version of these http://powgloves.com/s​hop/photog-glove/ (external link)

sponsored links

3,825 views & 0 likes for this thread
Gloves...
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon Accessories 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.