Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 02 Dec 2012 (Sunday) 15:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Buydig requesting fax of my credit card / drivers license!

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Dec 03, 2012 17:33 |  #31

Bazinga wrote in post #15321091 (external link)
CA just tells us to write the new address on the back (from what I recall).

There is no DMV in the US that will allow you to make even temporary modifications to the actual license anymore.

Law states that you must notify DMV within 10 days of changing your address.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/​faq/genfaq.htm#CHANGEA​DDRESS (external link)

sponsored links
lar55
277 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 03, 2012 20:08 |  #32

spotz04 wrote in post #15317892 (external link)
Every e-tailer has the right to ask for proof, just like a brick & mortar store can ask to see your DL while presenting a CC. ..

Nope, not true. Well, the store can ask, but they cannot require presenting ID as a condition of sale with a credit card (as long as your credit card is signed). It is part of their cardholder agreement. If they ask for ID and you refuse (I always do), and they decline to honor the card, complain to the card company or bank, and make sure the store knows you are going to.

As for on-line ordering, if your credit card is valid and your shipping address matches your billing address for the card, I think they have no business asking for anything more. I always decline to provide more info, and will cancel the order and go elsewhere if they don't back down.

K6AZ
Cream of the Crop
10,250 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 03, 2012 20:22 |  #33

lar55 wrote in post #15322651 (external link)
Nope, not true. Well, the store can ask, but they cannot require presenting ID as a condition of sale with a credit card (as long as your credit card is signed). It is part of their cardholder agreement. If they ask for ID and you refuse (I always do), and they decline to honor the card, complain to the card company or bank, and make sure the store knows you are going to.

As for on-line ordering, if your credit card is valid and your shipping address matches your billing address for the card, I think they have no business asking for anything more. I always decline to provide more info, and will cancel the order and go elsewhere if they don't back down.

As far as merchant card agreements all four of the issuers have dropped that requirement. Retailers can refuse the card if you refuse to show ID.

As far as the asking for more info they wouldn't be asking if the information matched. Retailers are really cracking down on this as they get stuck holding the bag for fraudulent purchases.

Flickr (external link)

JJD.Photography
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,448 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Dec 03, 2012 20:28 as a reply to  @ lar55's post |  #34

Shipping confirmation received! :cool:

I am glad I did not send in a copy of the credit card as requested. There has been problems in the restaurant business with the wait staffs stealing credit card information for fraudulent purchases. Not saying that would of been my case, but you never know!

Plus, as I stated by sending the copy of the drivers license and credit card would not prove that I am the actual owner, but only I have possession of copies of the 2 "possibly stolen" documents.

I appreciate the precautions but this is not the way to go about verification!

His And Her Photographs (external link)
flickr (external link)

Furlan
747 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Dec 04, 2012 13:46 |  #35

I do believe your problem is due to the fact that your delivery address does not match your card
address. Many retailers will only deliver to the card address.

JJD.Photography
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,448 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Dec 04, 2012 16:49 |  #36

Furlan wrote in post #15325797 (external link)
I do believe your problem is due to the fact that your delivery address does not match your card
address. Many retailers will only deliver to the card address.

The credit card address has always matched the shipping / mailing address.

Anyhow, Santa came early :lol:

Always wanted to do this (50mm) comparison test: :p

FULL FRAME:

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8066/8245911448_338d9b9c8b_z.jpg

Crop:

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8485/8245911376_14137599a7_z.jpg

His And Her Photographs (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

3,511 views & 0 likes for this thread
Buydig requesting fax of my credit card / drivers license!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.