Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 06 Dec 2012 (Thursday) 18:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon's site

Acetoolguy
401 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 06, 2012 18:14 |  #1

Just a rant...wanted to buy my first decent lens, was looking at this, EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro. had great reviews etc. Went to Canons web site, after a dozen tries to order it I gave up and got it from Amazon for less money. Canon charges sales tax and could not tell me why they do and Amazon does not, everytime i entered my charge card info it would kick it out saying it needs the security #, i had entered it, everytime. After it kicked me out I had to re-enter everything again. The live chat would not work, I would wait for someone, as soon as they introduced themselves i would get an error message and be disconnected, but the 'how did we do' survey came up.
About twice a year I pay mysterey shoppers to come in my store and evaluate..well...every​thing. they call to see what the phone service is like, they pretend to have a problem to see what reaction they get etc etc etc. I use the info to remove what I call barrier's to sales. Someone at Canon needs to try and buy something on the site. Getting it right 'most times' is not enough.
End rant, thanks for listening.

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

sponsored links
rick_reno
Cream of the Crop
44,642 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 06, 2012 21:01 |  #2

I've called them to place orders in the past, really nice bunch of people work there

Ynot
Goldmember
1,050 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 06, 2012 21:16 |  #3

I ordered a 17-40 from them about a month and a half ago, but I called them to make the order. I couldn't imagine it being any easier including some light joking and conversation about where we live in the country. The lens ended up being $20 cheaper than it was on the site, so I was even more pleased.

I agree with Rick, very nice, friendly crew of people, unlike Adorama that I've simply given up on.

Tony
My Gear
Governments don't live together, people live together...Ӕ
Outlaw Josey Wales

Acetoolguy
THREAD ­ STARTER
401 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2009

Dec 07, 2012 06:13 |  #4

I tried to do it online, as the frustation grew the thought of calling never entered my mind. the rant was not aimed at any person, just had to vent.

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

Ynot
Goldmember
1,050 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 07, 2012 08:01 |  #5

Acetool,
Totally understand the rant. I've been there many times, including yesterday, and given up on too many hokey sites and emails and now I only deal with them in person if they have a phone #. I usually don't do business with a site unless they have a phone number that I can talk to a real live human and this is one of the reasons why.

I haven't ordered anything from Canon through their site, so I can't comment, but if you're interested in any product from them maybe call them next time. Obviously their site doesn't doesn't reflect the other people that work their.

Tony
My Gear
Governments don't live together, people live together...Ӕ
Outlaw Josey Wales

Bruce_Bird
995 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Dec 09, 2012 20:19 |  #6

Ynot wrote in post #15337227 (external link)
Acetool,
I usually don't do business with a site unless they have a phone number that I can talk to a real live human and this is one of the reasons why..

I agree with that.. And it seems like a growing trend in business...

I've been going through this with some camping gear. The prices are great, but no contact # so I can ask info on the products. I hate playing email tennis when buying something...

So move on to the next place....

- Bruce -
- Langwarrin Victoria -
- Gear List -

sponsored links

742 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon's site
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.