Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 30 Nov 2012 (Friday) 18:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

-= 6D Owners Unite! Discuss and post Photos!

this thread is locked
Earwax69
Goldmember
1,044 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Dec 09, 2012 19:12 |  #241

Can anyone upgrading from a T2i/T3i comment about the differences in AF ?

I am still wondering about that. I dont have much lenses for Full Frame and I feel the primes I have now ar not focussing as fast as my t3i+15-85mm. It's not perceptible for static objects but for exemple, with the t3i, I can walk fast in a crowd, the lens at my hip, fire away, and the AF will be near instant with the shutter press. I will get clear pictures. However I tried it with the 6D and the sigma 35mm to no avail. There's a pause between the shutter press, AF response and the actual shutter release. The subject is already away. You missed your shot.

I hope it's just the sigma lens or a difference from the t3i to 6D that I have yet to grasp. I need more testing.

Edit; but the 6D is the clear winner in low light of course. You can focus in moonlight really. Also there's a big difference in picture quality. Well worth the money.

Canon 6D | S35mm f1.4 | 135mm f2 The rest: T3i, 20D, 15mm f2.8, 15-85mm, 24mm f2.8, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, 90mm f2.8 macro, 55-250mm.
So long and thanks for all the fish

sponsored links
jrmy
479 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Dec 09, 2012 19:21 as a reply to  @ Earwax69's post |  #242

Quick snap taken today with some minor processing in LR4.

Check out my gear and feedback.
5D Mark III | 16-35 II | 24-105 | 50 1.8 II | 70-200 2.8 IS II

Pharmacist
51 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 09, 2012 19:56 |  #243

I'm going to India for 4 months next year and one of the main reasons I am going with the 6D is the weight. Every gram counts and I will have backpacking gear with me as well. Since I will be traveling by foot and train through an entire country these things are important.

Canon 6D, 24-105L, Other Rubbish.

Mitch.A
Goldmember
1,476 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 09, 2012 20:05 |  #244

Earwax69 wrote in post #15346619 (external link)
I am still wondering about that. I dont have much lenses for Full Frame and I feel the primes I have now ar not focussing as fast as my t3i+15-85mm. It's not perceptible for static objects but for exemple, with the t3i, I can walk fast in a crowd, the lens at my hip, fire away, and the AF will be near instant with the shutter press. I will get clear pictures. However I tried it with the 6D and the sigma 35mm to no avail. There's a pause between the shutter press, AF response and the actual shutter release. The subject is already away. You missed your shot.

I hope it's just the sigma lens or a difference from the t3i to 6D that I have yet to grasp. I need more testing.

Edit; but the 6D is the clear winner in low light of course. You can focus in moonlight really. Also there's a big difference in picture quality. Well worth the money.

That's my concern, i shoot a lot of street candids and i'm already missing shots because of the AF. What about the buffer of the 6D, i'm expecting it to be superior to that of the T2i/T3i.

Thanks for the info, i'll probably have to rent both the 5D3 and 6D before making a decision.

Facebook (external link) / Flickr (external link) / 5 (external link)∞px (external link) / Behance (external link) / Tumblr (external link)
550D - Σ 17-50 OS - 85 f/1.8

Feel free to critique
HARSHLY !

ddk632
Goldmember
1,606 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jul 2012

Dec 09, 2012 20:19 |  #245

My 6D with 40mm f/2.8 pancake focuses really fast... The only time it hunts, which wasnt more than half a second, was at night.

Dmitriy Khaykin (external link)
dk (external link) | f (external link) | ig (external link) | t (external link) | flickr (external link)

ddk632
Goldmember
1,606 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Dec 09, 2012 20:22 |  #246

Quadna71 wrote in post #15346594 (external link)
Correct. I can either control the camera in basic form (shutter, aperture, etc) or selectively choose files to transfer to your phone's camera roll. Works great with my iPhone 5 but for some reason has been hit/miss with my iPad mini.

The only thing to note here is that the EOS Remote app, when transferring JPEGs from the 6D to iPad, seems to strip EXIF data. My iPad shows the images as 'no EXIF'.

That being said, the camera has its own built-in functions for WiFi file transfer, which I have not yet used. I'll report on it once I get to play around with it a bit more.

dk (external link) | f (external link) | ig (external link) | t (external link) | flickr (external link)

tgara
Goldmember
2,336 posts
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 09, 2012 21:05 as a reply to  @ ddk632's post |  #247

I believe one can accomplish much of the wifi file transfer of the 6D by using an Eye Fi card in the SD slot of the 5D3.

EOS 5D Mark III
EOS Rebel SL1
Full Gear List

ddk632
Goldmember
1,606 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Dec 09, 2012 21:12 |  #248

tgara wrote in post #15347053 (external link)
I believe one can accomplish much of the wifi file transfer of the 6D by using an Eye Fi card in the SD slot of the 5D3.

True, if you're considering file transfer only, after the photo has been taken; however, with Eye Fi cards, you will not have remote shooting capability.

xinvisionx
Goldmember
1,883 posts
Gallery: 37 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 09, 2012 21:23 |  #249

Christmas in the Desert

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

My name is James ~ Gear ~ Facebook Fan Page (external link)

ManualFocus-G
56 posts
Joined Nov 2010

Dec 10, 2012 02:37 |  #250

tgara wrote in post #15346509 (external link)
Not sure why are you asking the question? What's your point?

You didn't say why you needed a cf slot, so I guessed that you may have wanted the faster write time of cf cards for large RAW files. So I'm presuming your external hard disk only takes cf cards, or else your point doesn't make sense either.

My workflow for the 6D is going to shoot RAW and small jpg, backup to netbook and review small jpg on the go with Lightroom.

Canon EOS 6D and 60D with Carl Zeiss T*

pawelx
389 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Dec 10, 2012 07:20 |  #251

these are stunning. What PP did you use, if any?

Canon 6D, 24-105 f/4 , 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 150-500
Lenses previously owned: 70-200 f/2.8 IS, Sigma 35mm f/1.4, Tamron 18-270...

Rittrato
Goldmember
1,224 posts
Joined May 2010

Dec 10, 2012 07:55 |  #252

zulutown wrote in post #15346387 (external link)
What's the lighting setup of this? How did you fill the shadows?

Expose on the subjects face

AlexTakesPhotos
Goldmember
1,125 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Dec 10, 2012 07:56 |  #253

^ ding ding ding ding! and a little bit of my magic touch of course ;)

Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link)

Brasher
113 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Dec 10, 2012 08:12 |  #254

Pharmacist wrote in post #15346784 (external link)
I'm going to India for 4 months next year and one of the main reasons I am going with the 6D is the weight. Every gram counts and I will have backpacking gear with me as well. Since I will be traveling by foot and train through an entire country these things are important.

Where are you going in India? My GF was there last year for about 3 months. She interned in Chennai primarily, but got to travel around a few weeks as well.

Pharmacist
51 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 10, 2012 08:34 |  #255

st3mpy wrote in post #15348357 (external link)
Where are you going in India? My GF was there last year for about 3 months. She interned in Chennai primarily, but got to travel around a few weeks as well.

Honestly the whole point of this is to not have any specific plans. My goal is to start as far south as I can when I fly in and then slowly go north by foot and train only. Eventually I will be in Nepal and I might visit china for a couple days.

Canon 6D, 24-105L, Other Rubbish.

sponsored links

2,800,393 views & 3 likes for this thread
-= 6D Owners Unite! Discuss and post Photos!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.