Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 07 Oct 2010 (Thursday) 02:54
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.

manipula
Cream of the Crop
5,290 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 18, 2012 04:22 |  #4666

theflyingkiwi wrote in post #15375999 (external link)
I also have to get another cokin filter system. I have got P series and at 17mm I get some nice black bars. I was looking at getting the z-pro series. I'm going to be getting it from B&H as the prices in NZ for this system is about $100 more.

Cokin's wide angle filter holder allows you to shoot FF at 17mm with no black bars providing you're using the one filter (which at 17mm you generally are).

Cheers, Dave.
www.manipula.co.nz (external link) :: Gear list for the nerds (external link) :: flickr (external link) :: ModelMayhem (external link)
:: insert scathing quip here! ::

sponsored links
Potisdad
664 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Dec 18, 2012 12:50 |  #4667

theflyingkiwi wrote in post #15375999 (external link)
I also have to get another cokin filter system. I have got P series and at 17mm I get some nice black bars. I was looking at getting the z-pro series. I'm going to be getting it from B&H as the prices in NZ for this system is about $100 more.

I have a couple of Hitech filters which I like. I don't have their holder though so can't comment there. I got mine on Trademe from this seller:
http://www.trademe.co.​nz …stings.aspx?mem​ber=445121 (external link)

David

Mark0159
I say stupid things all the time
12,805 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2003

Dec 18, 2012 13:31 |  #4668

manipula wrote in post #15380455 (external link)
Cokin's wide angle filter holder allows you to shoot FF at 17mm with no black bars providing you're using the one filter (which at 17mm you generally are).

I'm guessing that's the x-pro your talking about?

Mark
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/52782633@N04 (external link)
Canon EOS 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD | Canon Speedlite 550EX -|- Film | Canon EOS 3 | Olympus OM2 | Zuiko 35mm f2

RobDickinson
Goldmember
3,988 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Apr 2010

Dec 18, 2012 14:16 |  #4669

I'm liking the 6d, seems a solid all round camera, small and light compared to the 5d2.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i27.photobucket​.com …/c172/robdickin​son/6d.jpg (external link)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i27.photobucket​.com …/robdickinson/6​dmovie.jpg (external link)

As for filter systems get Lee or hitech 100mm system. Get it from 2filter.com and use youpost or similar reshipper.

I had a cokin wide angle older and it was junk, ended up falling off and loosing me a filter.

www.HeroWorkshops.com (external link) - www.rjd.co.nz (external link) - www.zarphag.com (external link)
Gear: A7r, 6D, Irix 15mmf2.4 , canon 16-35f4L, Canon 24mm TS-E f3.5 mk2, Sigma 50mm art, 70-200f2.8L, 400L. Lee filters, iOptron IPano, Emotimo TB3, Markins, Feisol, Novoflex, Sirui. etc.

lomenak
649 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Dec 19, 2012 18:19 |  #4670

RobDickinson wrote in post #15382268 (external link)
I'm liking the 6d, seems a solid all round camera, small and light compared to the 5d2.

I was hoping that the sensor will be better. I think I am gonna get D600 early next year. I sold most of my Canon lenses anyway.

Wazza
Cream of the Crop
10,627 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 20, 2012 18:20 |  #4671

Hey folks,

Anyone interested in a brand new Sigma 120-300mm f/2.8 EX DG OS APO HSM AF Lens (Canon mount) - This was an insurance replacement, for my much loved 2006 Sigma 120-300. However have decided to upgrade to a Canon lens instead. This sells for $3,699 at Auckland Camera new. And US$2,999 on BHPhotoVideo.

Asking $3,399

New Zealand Photography Tours (external link) | Williams Photography - Queenstown Wedding Photography (external link) |
Instagram (external link) | Facebook - Weddings (external link) | Facebook - Landscapes + Tours (external link)

kiwichris
I forget how I didded that!
2,632 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Joined Oct 2008

Dec 20, 2012 20:30 |  #4672

Peter, I love the quad portrait.

Auckland POTNs, on the outing front I was going to suggest perhaps a meander late afternoon evening/dark along the water front?

On a personal note I am now housed by Housing Corp in Milford. Health fluctuates but generally I am healthier than a year ago according to Nth Shore Hosp. I go in for a prostate op early in Jan so a few weeks after that I could well be fit enough to watch you folk take some photos. Thanks to all those that got me to Auckland a couple of years ago now, it really is appreciated and healthwise I have had more help here than anywhere else in NZ.

Lastly, Xmas is nearly here, I wish you all from the bottom of my heart, not only Merry Xmas but a merry and successful rest of your lives as well. May you achieve all that you want and more.

Very best wishes, Chris

Panasonic Lumix G9 and lenses from 7mm wide to 300mm long.
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/chriswaynzpics/ (external link)

Moppie
THREAD ­ STARTER
14,751 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

Dec 21, 2012 05:46 |  #4673

kiwichris wrote in post #15391662 (external link)
Peter, I love the quad portrait.

Auckland POTNs, on the outing front I was going to suggest perhaps a meander late afternoon evening/dark along the water front?

On a personal note I am now housed by Housing Corp in Milford. Health fluctuates but generally I am healthier than a year ago according to Nth Shore Hosp. I go in for a prostate op early in Jan so a few weeks after that I could well be fit enough to watch you folk take some photos. Thanks to all those that got me to Auckland a couple of years ago now, it really is appreciated and healthwise I have had more help here than anywhere else in NZ.

Lastly, Xmas is nearly here, I wish you all from the bottom of my heart, not only Merry Xmas but a merry and successful rest of your lives as well. May you achieve all that you want and more.

Very best wishes, Chris

Welcome to Auckland!

A shoot sounds like a very good idea.
Hope the prostate op goes well, what about a meet between now and new years? Is that a reality?

flickr (external link)

Have you Calibrated your Monkey lately?

akiwi
Cream of the Crop
6,900 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Dec 22, 2012 09:22 |  #4674

Hi Guys, Thanks for the nice comments on the portrait.

I had a bit of a flue infection over the last few days, but feeling much better now.
Glad I got all my Christmas shopping in early.
Got to wrap things now.. (I hate that), and pack up as I am off to Austria tomorrow for Christmas with the Outlaws and a bit of skiing, boarding etc.

If I don't get online again before then, I will wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year also.

Thanks Chris, and good luck for the OP and health in Auckland.

Peter
www.PeterHansenPhoto.d​e (external link)
Gear:: Canon 7D & 350D :: EF 24-70 F2.8L :: EF-s 17-85:: 50mm 1.8 ::70-200 F4L ::100 F2.8 Macro:: Sigma 10-20 :: 580EX:: Elinchrom studio lights:: loads of other bibs & bobs.

tim
Light Bringer
50,928 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Dec 22, 2012 16:11 |  #4675

Flue is what a chimney has, flu is what people get :p Enjoy your trip :)

Professional wedding photographer, solution architect and general technical guy with multiple Amazon Web Services certifications.
Read all my FAQs (wedding, printing, lighting, books, etc)

Potisdad
664 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Dec 23, 2012 23:47 as a reply to  @ tim's post |  #4676

Merry Christmas All!

David

joeseph
"smells like turd"
9,527 posts
Gallery: 60 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Dec 24, 2012 01:23 |  #4677

yep... happy christmas. (pours another rum & coke)

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II converted for IR, and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,153 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 24, 2012 02:53 |  #4678

ditto Duncan but with the following.

IMAGE: http://www.pbase.com/mark_vuleta/image/148001480/medium.jpg

It's been a tough year but made it through OK. Maintained my "No photography related purchase" new years resolution (so far anyway!)

Merry Christmas to all.

Mark ­ Vuleta
Goldmember
4,153 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 24, 2012 02:57 |  #4679

This fella looks like he's had a few out of the bottle as well (just drowned in the pool actually :()

Hard to get a life-like pose out of it when its not :rolleyes:

IMAGE: http://www.pbase.com/mark_vuleta/image/148001479/original.jpg

Mark0159
I say stupid things all the time
12,805 posts
Gallery: 33 photos
Joined Mar 2003

Dec 24, 2012 13:19 |  #4680

happy xmas to your all. lets hope santa brings you that new camera :)

Mark
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/52782633@N04 (external link)
Canon EOS 6D | Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM | Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD | Canon Speedlite 550EX -|- Film | Canon EOS 3 | Olympus OM2 | Zuiko 35mm f2

sponsored links

847,185 views & 638 likes for this thread
GKPE 8, Yet more NZ ramblings from some flightless Kiwis.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.