Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 02 Nov 2012 (Friday) 18:31
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

SterlingTek LP-E6 Batteries for $15

JJD.Photography
Goldmember
1,445 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Dec 05, 2012 11:17 as a reply to  @ post 15269012 |  #61

Anyone have experience with these batteries:

http://www.amazon.com …30&sr=1-13&keywords=lp-e6 (external link)

Not as many reviews as the others, but seems like a good deal for $10.

His And Her Photographs (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
iazybandit
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,118 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 18, 2012 08:38 |  #62

1KIND wrote in post #15200322 (external link)
I was on Amazon about to buy something and got a pop up notification saying an item I had in my cart had a price change. I looked and it was for the LP-E6 battery. I purchased this last month for $25 with free shipping but the price has dropped $10 to $15 with free shipping on orders over $25.

If you have a 7D, 5D3, 60D, this is a great battery

http://www.amazon.com …&linkCode=as2&t​ag=dcre-20 (external link)

I just did a review on the battery on my site and I'm tempted to buy another 2 just to qualify for the free shipping.

Deal is still going on. I wonder if this is the new price or a holiday offer.

Canon :: 5D Mark IV | EOS M5
Glass/Gear :: Canon 24-70L II | Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF-M 22mm | EF-M 11-22
FULL GEAR LIST | FEEDBACK
FS: Moza Air Gimbal with Thumb Controller and Moza AirCross Gimbal | Custom SLR Dual Glide Strap, BounceLite Flash Modifier, Tolifo LED Light, Varavon Monopod

iazybandit
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,118 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 18, 2012 08:40 |  #63

JJD.Photography wrote in post #15329521 (external link)

http://www.amazon.com …30&sr=1-13&keywords=lp-e6 (external link)

Not as many reviews as the others, but seems like a good deal for $10.

Never heard of the brand and reading from the review, people are saying there's fitment issues and charging issues. For $5 more, why not just buy the SterlingTek battery which is well known and used with photographers in the forum

FS: Moza Air Gimbal with Thumb Controller and Moza AirCross Gimbal | Custom SLR Dual Glide Strap, BounceLite Flash Modifier, Tolifo LED Light, Varavon Monopod

slowsnapper
68 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 18, 2012 09:02 |  #64

Will the Sterling Tek batteries fit the Canon Rebel XT? It looks like the same battery, but I didn't see that camera listed in the list of others it fits.

Judsonzhao
Goldmember
1,198 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Dec 18, 2012 10:19 |  #65

I suggest to make this thread 3rd-party Canon batteries deal&performance discussion : )

It happened now I had 3 OEM batts, but I have had great experiences with STK. Don't hesitate to try

Fly me away.

iazybandit
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,118 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 18, 2012 12:59 |  #66

slowsnapper wrote in post #15380975 (external link)
Will the Sterling Tek batteries fit the Canon Rebel XT? It looks like the same battery, but I didn't see that camera listed in the list of others it fits.

This one won't fit as this is LP-E6

The battery model number for you Rebel XT is NB-2LH. Here is the SterlingTek for your battery - http://www.amazon.com …&linkCode=as2&t​ag=dcre-20 (external link)

You're in luck too. It's also $15

HyperYagami
Goldmember
2,405 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Dec 18, 2012 13:13 |  #67

Judsonzhao wrote in post #15381276 (external link)
It happened now I had 3 OEM batts, but I have had great experiences with STK. Don't hesitate to try

if you look at amazon's reviews, STK has more bad reviews.

5D3 and a few lens
es.

slowsnapper
68 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 19, 2012 23:25 |  #68

1KIND wrote in post #15381955 (external link)
This one won't fit as this is LP-E6

The battery model number for you Rebel XT is NB-2LH. Here is the SterlingTek for your battery - http://www.amazon.com …&linkCode=as2&t​ag=dcre-20 (external link)

You're in luck too. It's also $15

1KIND, thanks so much for the link.

isoMorphic
Goldmember
2,090 posts
Joined May 2008

Dec 20, 2012 02:06 |  #69

JJD.Photography wrote in post #15329521 (external link)

Anker is a pretty trusted company in fact i've been using their battery in my Galaxy Note since June. I have even tested it right down to the weight on a gram scale and battery life actually exceeds that of Samsung OEM. I usually stick with Sammy products including the MicroSD in my phone however the Anker was a much better value.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
Byte size: ZERO | Content warning: NOT AN IMAGE

Kumsa
222 posts
Joined May 2010

Dec 26, 2012 16:37 as a reply to  @ isoMorphic's post |  #70

On my 6D:

"Communication with Canon LP-E6 battery is irregular. Continue to use this battery ?"

No battery info is available :o

EOS R / 6D / Canon 35 f2 IS USM / Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 / Sigma 70-200 2.8 / Sigma Tele 2.x / Samyang 14mm / Orlit Strobes / Pixma Pro-100 / Epson P800 / ColorHug / Tokina 100mm AT-X M100 AF PRO D / Linux Ubuntu / PrintFab-TurboPrint / AfterShot Pro / GIMP / DarkTable / Zerene Stacker / Capture One 12

M_Six
Cream of the Crop
7,446 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 26, 2012 17:23 |  #71

Kumsa wrote in post #15409937 (external link)
On my 6D:

"Communication with Canon LP-E6 battery is irregular. Continue to use this battery ?"

Ouch. I have two Sterling Tek LP-E6 batteries for the 7D. They work fine for it. My 6D is on the way. I guess if it won't read them I'll just keep them for the 7D.

Mark J.
Gear

iazybandit
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,118 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 26, 2012 18:55 |  #72

Kumsa wrote in post #15409937 (external link)
On my 6D:

Have you tried the battery on a different camera that uses the same battery? If the battery still shows the same info on a different camera, the battery could be defective.

Kumsa
222 posts
Joined May 2010

Dec 27, 2012 18:52 |  #73

1KIND wrote in post #15410416 (external link)
Have you tried the battery on a different camera that uses the same battery? If the battery still shows the same info on a different camera, the battery could be defective.

Hm. The only other cameras I own are a superzoom Lumix, and a Canon T2i. "Honey, I know we just paid off the kids college expenses. And, we are in the black. But what would you say about buying another Canon for parts testing ?"

Ok, that wouldn't work. How about if I go to my local Calumet and ask if they can check this replacement battery that is a fraction of what they have under glass ?

Not being snarky--it's just funny to think that I could be so wealthy as to have an extra LP-E6 compatible camera, and not even think to switch batteries.

Update: the battery does work fine. It just doesn't report the voltage status. I'm hoping that when I can get an affordable grip, then I'll have the Canon LP-E6 and the Sterling in the bay. It'll be fine.

Cheers !

EOS R / 6D / Canon 35 f2 IS USM / Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 / Sigma 70-200 2.8 / Sigma Tele 2.x / Samyang 14mm / Orlit Strobes / Pixma Pro-100 / Epson P800 / ColorHug / Tokina 100mm AT-X M100 AF PRO D / Linux Ubuntu / PrintFab-TurboPrint / AfterShot Pro / GIMP / DarkTable / Zerene Stacker / Capture One 12

iazybandit
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
2,118 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 28, 2012 09:12 |  #74

Kumsa wrote in post #15414049 (external link)
Hm. The only other cameras I own are a superzoom Lumix, and a Canon T2i. "Honey, I know we just paid off the kids college expenses. And, we are in the black. But what would you say about buying another Canon for parts testing ?"

Ok, that wouldn't work. How about if I go to my local Calumet and ask if they can check this replacement battery that is a fraction of what they have under glass ?

Not being snarky--it's just funny to think that I could be so wealthy as to have an extra LP-E6 compatible camera, and not even think to switch batteries.

Update: the battery does work fine. It just doesn't report the voltage status. I'm hoping that when I can get an affordable grip, then I'll have the Canon LP-E6 and the Sterling in the bay. It'll be fine.

Cheers !

No one said you had to have an extra camera laying around. Maybe going to a store and asking for a little help wouldn't hurt if it's not out of the way. Also ever thought about asking a friend who may have a similar camera that uses the same battery? Not being "snarky" but you do have friends right...that have Canon cameras?

Worse case, return the battery for an exchange.

Judsonzhao
Goldmember
1,198 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Dec 28, 2012 09:39 |  #75

HyperYagami wrote in post #15382024 (external link)
if you look at amazon's reviews, STK has more bad reviews.

R u serious?
http://www.amazon.com …?ie=UTF8&showVi​ewpoints=1 (external link)

Fly me away.

sponsored links

6,755 views & 0 likes for this thread
SterlingTek LP-E6 Batteries for $15
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.