Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 20 Dec 2012 (Thursday) 09:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

D and K secret engagement photos

cabinajm
812 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 20, 2012 09:19 |  #1

A friend of mine proposed to his girlfriend last night. He asked me to take some photos for them. She had no clue what was coming. Unfortunately, they were seated in an alcove with her back to the door so she wouldn't see me slinking around taking photos, and since she knows what I look like, we had to play it ninja style. Also, they arrived 30 minutes before they were suppose to so I couldn't set up any lighting.

The ring:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

The reaction:
IMAGE: http://abinajmphotography.smugmug.com/photos/i-56vP5NM/1/L/i-56vP5NM-L.jpg

-Chris
A couple Canons, a flash, a bunch of lenses and LIGHTS!
Silverstar Media : Photography - Web Design - Technology Support (external link)

sponsored links
Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,217 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Dec 20, 2012 11:09 |  #2

It is hard to be sneaky, isn't it? :) Nice job, tho, the feeling comes through the photo loud & clear.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

reheat ­ module
385 posts
Joined Nov 2009

Dec 20, 2012 14:36 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #3

Love the expression in No2.
Spontaneous!
That can be the first shot in their engagement/pre wedding shoot (business head on)

Tons of enthusiasm, loads of kit, limited skill...

sgtbueno
807 posts
Joined May 2012

Dec 20, 2012 18:57 |  #4

sweet, they will love this images for ever.

Wedding Photography by Felix Bueno Photography (external link) -- Facebook (external link)
1x Canon 5DIII - 2X Canon 5D Mark II - Sigma 35 1.4 - Sigma 50 1.4 - Sigma 85 1.4 - Canon 85 1.2 - Canon 100L IS - Canon 135L F2 - Canon 16-35L II - Canon 70-200 2.8 II IS - 6X YN600EX-RT -Canon 580EX II X 2- Canon 430EX II X3- Yongnuo YN-565EX - and tons of Radio Poppers :)

cabinajm
THREAD ­ STARTER
812 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 20, 2012 19:06 |  #5

Thanks guys.

Yeah, he said we'll talk compensation later, I said "we're cool, let's just set up a formal engagement session around DC", so I'm hoping that he goes with me for his wedding :)

Here's a different crop/image that I liked as well. Really wish I had a macro lens:

IMAGE: http://abinajmphotography.smugmug.com/photos/i-zdcP5MX/0/L/i-zdcP5MX-L.jpg

-Chris
Silverstar Media : Photography - Web Design - Technology Support (external link)

sgtbueno
807 posts
Joined May 2012

Dec 20, 2012 19:12 |  #6

hey Chris, why don't you create a separate website for your photography business? it will help you.
I do website design too and it is best to have different website.

Wedding Photography by Felix Bueno Photography (external link) -- Facebook (external link)
1x Canon 5DIII - 2X Canon 5D Mark II - Sigma 35 1.4 - Sigma 50 1.4 - Sigma 85 1.4 - Canon 85 1.2 - Canon 100L IS - Canon 135L F2 - Canon 16-35L II - Canon 70-200 2.8 II IS - 6X YN600EX-RT -Canon 580EX II X 2- Canon 430EX II X3- Yongnuo YN-565EX - and tons of Radio Poppers :)

cabinajm
THREAD ­ STARTER
812 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 20, 2012 20:02 |  #7

Actually, I've got one, it's abinajmphotography.com​. Subs to Silverstar Media, a business that my brother and I run. I guess he's made enough changes to the content to remove the links to my portfolio. We're still in the process of redesigning that site. In the same token, I'm in the process of redesigning my portfolio site in wordpress to get away from Smugmug and their money grubbing ways (but they make it so easy)

-Chris

John
Goldmember
1,401 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Dec 23, 2012 11:21 |  #8

cabinajm wrote in post #15389208 (external link)
and since she knows what I look like, we had to play it ninja style.

lol - nice!

I really like how that shot of the ring came out with the beautiful bokeh in the background.

john | gear | web hosting deal for POTN members!

onlyse
38 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Feb 04, 2013 09:15 |  #9

bokeh!

Frank ­ H
635 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 04, 2013 21:09 |  #10

Great picture! Tells a story perfectly.

Gear List
Flickr (external link)

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 12, 2013 12:22 |  #11

The lighting is fine:)

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

john123
Goldmember
1,166 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Feb 18, 2013 11:16 |  #12

Precious moment .

sponsored links

3,146 views & 0 likes for this thread
D and K secret engagement photos
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.