Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 12 Dec 2008 (Friday) 20:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Official, show us your camera thread... (2)

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Dec 19, 2012 23:20 |  #541

MrNothing wrote in post #15388158 (external link)
Personal preference.

Please don't tell me this is going to be a one page thread on justifying the use tape .....

Just like the way it looks, that's all? (Again, not judging, just curious).

Dude...why get all defensive about it? I'm honestly wondering and trying to see it from your perspective...is that such a bad thing?

If you don't want people to talk about your camera, don't post it up... :rolleyes:

-=Prints For Sale at PIXELS=- (external link)
-=Facebook=- (external link)
-=Flickr=- (external link)

-=Gear=-

sponsored links
DJHaze596
Goldmember
1,403 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2012

Dec 19, 2012 23:39 |  #542

MrNothing wrote in post #15388196 (external link)
This topic has been brought up before and its obviously something that has mixed opinions. I just don't see why people get so frustrated or die needing to know why such a simple thing is done.

What if I started asking people why they use the original canon strap and rather something not so obnoxious and noticeable and go with something more sleek or comfortable. Why do people bother putting their $2k weather sealed cameras in a weatherproof bag when a little rain won't hurt it. Why do you shutter focus or back button focus.

A lot of things can be asked, but it shouldn't matter really. Do the heck you want with it and show it off they way you want. As long as it's your own.

And I am open to comments. It just seems that people who do these things are labelled idiots or show offs. Really?

Welcome to the Site. :cool:

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.

Canon C200 | Canon EOS R | RF 24-105mm f4L
50mm STM | 70-200mm f2.8L II | 100-400mmL II | 400mm f2.8L IS USM
Previously Owned: 1DX Mark II | Canon 5D Mark IV | 7D Mark II | 1D Mark IV

FlyingPhotog
Cream of the "Prop"
57,560 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 19, 2012 23:41 |  #543

Subject's been done to death. Accept "Personal Preference" and let's move along... ;)

Jay
Crosswind Images (external link)
Facebook Fan Page (external link)

"If you aren't getting extraordinary images from today's dSLRs, regardless of brand, it's not the camera!" - Bill Fortney, Nikon Corp.

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Dec 19, 2012 23:42 |  #544

MrNothing wrote in post #15388196 (external link)
I'd rather not be branded, labelled or have anyone that is aware on cameras of what I am using. It defuses the whole discussion on "oh you've got a nikon or canon".

I'd prefer my camera to be one solid shade then to have any labels shown.

This topic has been brought up before and its obviously something that has mixed opinions. I just don't see why people get so frustrated or die needing to know why such a simple thing is done.

What if I started asking people why they use the original canon strap and rather something not so obnoxious and noticeable and go with something more sleek or comfortable. Why do people bother putting their $2k weather sealed cameras in a weatherproof bag when a little rain won't hurt it. Why do you shutter focus or back button focus.

A lot of things can be asked, but it shouldn't matter really. Do the heck you want with it and show it off they way you want. As long as it's your own.

You really need to chill out, broski.

Camera bags protect against bumps and scrapes too, and since no Canon DSLR is waterPROOF, nor is any sort of weather-related damage covered by warranty, a little extra protection never hurts. The Canon straps dig into my neck and make my neck/shoulder hurt after a few hours. Etc, etc.

Do you know what I do when people ask me about any/all of this stuff? I answer, smile and move on with my life. I sure as heck do go around telling people to mind their own business and let me do whatever I want with my gear. Just take a deep breath or three and relax, amigo.

-=Gear=-

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Dec 19, 2012 23:43 |  #545

FlyingPhotog wrote in post #15388214 (external link)
Subject's been done to death. Accept "Personal Preference" and let's move along... ;)

Why? I was honestly curious as to why he does it. It's a message board set up for exchanging ideas and gaining new insight, isn't it?

-=Gear=-

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Dec 19, 2012 23:45 |  #546

DJHaze596 wrote in post #15388213 (external link)
Welcome to the Site. :cool:

Exactly...

Also, funnily enough, he's the ONLY one who has throw around words like "idiots" and "show offs"...

-=Gear=-

jdizzle
Darth Noink
69,419 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Dec 20, 2012 06:27 |  #547

LowriderS10 wrote in post #15388126 (external link)
That's awesome to hear, but nah, I'm perfectly happy with my 5D2...the AF has never let me down. I mainly shoot static stuff, so I don't need the better AF, at least not enough to justify the price.

However, I did enjoy the 1D3's focus when I had it. Any AF point, any time of the day or night, anything you pointed it at...it just locked focus. Every single time.

I agree on your last statement. 1D AF has always been superb no matter what the conditions. I really need to get out and use both bodies in real world scenarios. :)

Infamous20V
496 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Dec 20, 2012 11:19 |  #548

LowriderS10 wrote in post #15387773 (external link)
Tapes up tiny little logos.

Keeps bright-as-hell CANON!!!!!! strap.

Fail.

my thoughts exactly

Fujifilm X-E1 + 56 ƒ1.2 + 18 ƒ2

StaticMedia
875 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Dec 20, 2012 11:30 |  #549

Sweet_Bee wrote in post #14865479 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/sweet_bee/77948​99534/  (external link)
Good Ol SD1000 (external link) by SparklyBee (external link), on Flickr

Trusty SD1000. Been everywhere with me and has the battle scars to prove it:)

Lol, mine looks about the same, and has a small dent in it. Canon hit a home run when they built the SD1000, it had features the new powershot's lack. I even put mine on the train tracks between the rails to time-lapse a train as it went overhead back in the day before gopro. Still a great camera.

steelbluesleepr
Goldmember
1,234 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 20, 2012 14:13 as a reply to  @ post 15388126 |  #550

lol at people getting irritated at other people putting tape on their camera. I'm tempted to completley cover both of my bodies in orange and purple gaff tape just to piss busibodies off.

-Jayson- my flickr (external link)
In the bag: 5D mark II+Vello grio/10d+grip/Canon 17-40L/Canon 28-135/Canon 50 1.8/Canon 35-80 Macro Conversion/Vivitar 135 2.8 M42/Vivitar 28 2.5 M42/Yongnuo YN460II x3/Yongnuo RF-602 x3

pwm2
"Sorry for being a noob"
8,626 posts
Joined May 2007

Dec 20, 2012 14:54 |  #551

steelbluesleepr wrote in post #15390353 (external link)
lol at people getting irritated at other people putting tape on their camera. I'm tempted to completley cover both of my bodies in orange and purple gaff tape just to piss busibodies off.

Lol a t people loling at people wondering about the reason to put tape on the camera.

5DMk2 + BG-E6 | 40D + BG-E2N | 350D + BG-E3 + RC-1 | Elan 7E | Minolta Dimage 7U | (Gear thread)
10-22 | 16-35/2.8 L II | 20-35 | 24-105 L IS | 28-135 IS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.8 II | 70-200/2.8 L IS | 100/2.8 L IS | 100-400 L IS | Sigma 18-200DC
Speedlite 420EZ | Speedlite 580EX | EF 1.4x II | EF 2x II

RTPVid
Goldmember
3,365 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Dec 20, 2012 15:10 as a reply to  @ pwm2's post |  #552

LOL at people LOLing at people LOLing at people LOLing at people ... this could get repetitious if we're not careful ... ;)

Tom

steelbluesleepr
Goldmember
1,234 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Dec 20, 2012 15:45 |  #553

RTPVid wrote in post #15390564 (external link)
LOL at people LOLing at people LOLing at people LOLing at people ... this could get repetitious if we're not careful ... ;)

lol

-Jayson- my flickr (external link)
In the bag: 5D mark II+Vello grio/10d+grip/Canon 17-40L/Canon 28-135/Canon 50 1.8/Canon 35-80 Macro Conversion/Vivitar 135 2.8 M42/Vivitar 28 2.5 M42/Yongnuo YN460II x3/Yongnuo RF-602 x3

LowriderS10
Cream of the Crop
10,170 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Dec 20, 2012 17:43 as a reply to  @ RTPVid's post |  #554

jdizzle wrote in post #15388726 (external link)
I agree on your last statement. 1D AF has always been superb no matter what the conditions. I really need to get out and use both bodies in real world scenarios. :)

Definitely!!! Let us know what you find when you do that...sounds like in a real-world scenario it would be pretty close. How do you find the AF points spread on a 5D3 vs. a 1Ds? Even with the APS-H 1D3 I found it to be just a touch too centralized...I wanted to have sensors closer to the edge..I imagine this would be even more annoying on a 1Ds...is the 5D3 better in that respect?

StaticMedia wrote in post #15389653 (external link)
Lol, mine looks about the same, and has a small dent in it. Canon hit a home run when they built the SD1000, it had features the new powershot's lack. I even put mine on the train tracks between the rails to time-lapse a train as it went overhead back in the day before gopro. Still a great camera.

Nice...I got my ex an SD1000 and that thing was indestructible! How did you do time lapse with yours? CHDK?

steelbluesleepr wrote in post #15390353 (external link)

1: We're not irritated...I was just honestly wondering and perhaps chuckling to myself a little bit.
2: You're all talk. You'll never do it. And yes, that's a challenge to put up or shut up ;)

-=Gear=-

scpictaker
Goldmember
1,385 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Dec 20, 2012 21:35 as a reply to  @ steelbluesleepr's post |  #555

playing in the snow!

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My Flickr (external link)
Canon 5D MKIII l 7D MKII l 24-105L l 16-35 L II l Sigma 50 1.4 ART l 70-200 2.8 L II l 24-70L l EOS M l 2X III l Rok 14mm

sponsored links

949,929 views & 611 likes for this thread
Official, show us your camera thread... (2)
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.