Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 20 Dec 2012 (Thursday) 13:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Just got treated like a terrorist on the way to my sons school play

_aravena
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,450 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Dec 24, 2012 22:12 |  #91

How can the guy say he was a photographer and not sympathize with you at all until after the fact Seriously?

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

sponsored links
MikeFairbanks
Cream of the Crop
6,428 posts
Joined Jun 2009

Dec 25, 2012 08:21 |  #92

The whole story sounds made up or exaggerated.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Thank you. bw!

RDKirk
Adorama says I'm "packed."
13,134 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2004

Dec 25, 2012 11:39 |  #93

As we walk by the first building which is their administration office, an old school, built in 1912 which I've photographed many times as it is a very cool looking building a man runs out of the building screaming " WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING".

Startled I turn around and I ask, umm excuse me? He screams what the hell are you doing taking pictures of the school. I said I didn't take one damn picture of the school, what the hell are you talking about?

He was out of line, your mode of response was not one that would cool the rhetoric. Fortunately there were few other factors to acerbate the situation, like a difference of race or other issues. You were both free to act childish without other baggage complicating the situation.

TANSTAAFL--The Only Unbreakable Rule in Photography

ceriltheblade
Goldmember
2,484 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Dec 26, 2012 09:09 |  #94

?? i am completely baffled by the comparison of a proud father going to his son's school play with photography equipment and a psych patient who opens fire on school children. How is this even remotely similar? I am sure also that other parents knew the OP as the "father of..." just as I know and am known by the school principal, teachers and parents and children in my sons' and daughter's classes.
i don't believe there has been a case documented that a mass murderer of the sort we are speaking about "scoped out" the McDonalds or school first with a DSLR open for everyone to see....
and I am guessing that those who are in the area of the school with their wife and mother even birng that chance lower.
This paranoia and lack of common sense and attempts to be the hero by the random "joe/jane" are simply ridiculous. Did anyone stop the google mobile from taking photos of the entire town and posting for all to see? Argh.
nm.
I completely agree with the poster that it is utterly ridiculous. my sympathies

7D/5dIII
50 1.8 II, MP-E65, 85 II, 100 IS
8-15 FE, 10-22, 16-35 IS, 24-105, 70-200 f4IS, 100-400 ii, tamron 28-75 2.8
600 ex-rt, 055xproB/488rc2/Sirui k40x, kenko extens tubes

alann
Goldmember
2,609 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Nov 2007

Dec 30, 2012 07:39 |  #95

When he first yelled "what do you think you are doing" why not just answer him...."taking pictures"; then raise your camera and get a shot of him. ;)

My FLickrPage (external link)

dexy101
Goldmember
2,365 posts
Gallery: 93 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Dec 30, 2012 08:29 |  #96

edge100 wrote in post #15390625 (external link)
The appropriate response was "Go fck yourself!", followed by walking away.

Agreed that the "if you have nothing to hide" thing is absolutely ridiculous.

Id have also added a smack in the face.

Cheek of some people really makes me think.

sponsored links

11,270 views & 0 likes for this thread
Just got treated like a terrorist on the way to my sons school play
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.