Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 07 Jul 2004 (Wednesday) 19:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Show me your camera bag

KILLERCLOWN
Cream of the Crop
5,555 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Dec 26, 2012 15:55 as a reply to  @ post 15409788 |  #5506

Think I need to learn how to pack my bag........
I have some good ideas now, thanks everyone.

sponsored links
alintx
348 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Dec 26, 2012 16:06 |  #5507

happy2010 wrote in post #15409788 (external link)
One option is…

Think Tank Skin Body Bag [Mfr# TT052]-
http://www.thinktankph​oto.com/products/skin-body-bag.aspx (external link)
Folds very compactly, which can be inside or attached outside from camera bag to camera bag, depending on which camera bag you chose on a particular day or application.
Also, when on location, it is all that needs to be worn - so you have access to say 3-speedlights if & when required, holds a 70-200f2.8mkII if required, as well as contains in its nifty outter pocket, your lens cap and all your “girl stuff” such as cell phone, thin wallet, business cards, pen, paper, mints, lip balm, car keys, spare batteries, gels, etc.
or,
if want something smaller, then this:
Think Tank Skin Pouch 50v2.0-
http://www.thinktankph​oto.com/products/skin-50-v2.aspx (external link)

If your outfit doesn’t have a belt, then just add this light-weight compact Think Tank Skin belt-
http://www.thinktankph​oto.com …n-skin-belt-v2-s-m-l.aspx (external link)
and wear the Think Tank skin body bag on back-left or back-right side out of view and not inhibiting your movement, then when need something just quickly rotate it to the side or front.

The Think Tank Skin Body bag enables you to move about effectively, steathly and still professionally with minimum of baggage.; both to-from location, as well as on-location.
Convenience vs vanity - it is an individual decision. (Less is more sometimes).

Mary

Wow! Just when I thought I had looked at all of the TT offerings! The construction of that look perfect! Thanks!

Al
5DIII, 5DII, T2i, TS-E 24mm f3.5L II, 17-40 f/4L, 24-70mm f2.8L, 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 70-200 f/2.8 L II, 135mm f/2L, 180mm f/3.5L, Canon 40mm f/2.8, Sigma 50-500 OS, 3 x 600EX-RT, ST-E3-RT, RRS tripod + BH-55, bags out the wazoo, other crap +++
Aerial Photography (external link)

happy2010
Looking for the light first
559 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Dec 26, 2012 16:16 |  #5508

alintx wrote in post #15409840 (external link)
Wow! Just when I thought I had looked at all of the TT offerings! The construction of that look perfect! Thanks!

Dear Alison,

Also, a sturdier but a bit bulkier option is the Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney Bag-
http://www.thinktankph​oto.com …ts/hubba-hubba-hiney.aspx (external link)

Think LEAN - perhaps make some of your bags serve as dual-purpose (i.e both a transport medium and an on-location function.)
Making our assets work for us rather than us working for your assets, I find easier.
Remember we spend the first 2/3rds of our life accumulating "stuff" and the last 1/3 of our life getting rid of "stuff"!

Take care.

Mary

MARY

Pinto
Always in our hearts and minds. R.I.P.
3,124 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2005

Dec 26, 2012 19:55 |  #5509

Headshotzx wrote in post #15407686 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/headshotzx/8309​898096/  (external link)
Merry Christmas to me! (external link) by headshotzx (external link), on Flickr

Herringone Atlantis Small Olive/Tan

Perfect fit for a 5D2 + 40mm pancake lens, as well as a wallet and mobile phone.

Any vendor link to buy this/these bags in the USA?
Thanks

willspective
601 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 26, 2012 21:01 |  #5510

Pinto wrote in post #15410602 (external link)
Thanks

I was looking for the same thing. I found some on ebay from Korea..but I don't know how I feel about that.

will (external link) | web (external link) | gear

agphotography
Goldmember
3,726 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Dec 26, 2012 23:36 |  #5511

jonneymendoza wrote in post #15409673 (external link)
another question. does the fstop loka have or need gatekeepers to attach a tripod on the side?

There are compression straps on either side of the Loka (actually all of the mountain series bags have this feature) that can hold a tripod, or you could even strap it to the back of the bag. They provide lots of options as one may also be carrying ski / trekking poles or climbing rope depending on the working environment.

-Abram-
www.goglanianphoto.com (external link)
500px (external link) / Flickr (external link)
Tumblr (external link)

Headshotzx
Goldmember
4,488 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Dec 27, 2012 07:04 as a reply to  @ agphotography's post |  #5512

alintx wrote in post #15409468 (external link)
Nice fit! So, what do you carry the rest of the flash accessories in? I'm struggling with 3 flashes, the gels, the gel holders, batteries, transmitter . . . want it all in one bag that is sturdy, but not bulky.

Any one want to post their flash kits?

When I shoot with flash, I usually just carry a single lens that I'm going to be working with, and that's usually either a borrowed 24-70 or a 70-200 on my 5D2. And I'm usually shooting in small areas, so my own pocketwizards don't need to come into play unless it's a paid job. There's space in front for the gels and batts!

Pinto wrote in post #15410602 (external link)
Thanks

willspective wrote in post #15410797 (external link)
I was looking for the same thing. I found some on ebay from Korea..but I don't know how I feel about that.

That is correct, anyone who has bought the Herringbone leather hand strap for DSLRs can attest to the fast shipping from the korean sellers on Ebay. Herringbone is a pretty oft-talked-about brand here on POTN.

Zexun | Flickr (external link) | YouTube (external link) |

jonneymendoza
Goldmember
3,788 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Dec 27, 2012 08:30 |  #5513

agphotography wrote in post #15411223 (external link)
There are compression straps on either side of the Loka (actually all of the mountain series bags have this feature) that can hold a tripod, or you could even strap it to the back of the bag. They provide lots of options as one may also be carrying ski / trekking poles or climbing rope depending on the working environment.

quality thanks

Canon 5dmkIII | Canon 85L 1.2 | Sigma 35mm ART 1.4|Canon 16-35mm L 2.8 |Canon 24-70mm L f2.8 | Canon 70-200mm F2.8L MK2 | Canon 430EX MK2 Flickr (external link)

zeitgeist
Hatchling
6 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Dec 27, 2012 08:37 |  #5514

I use so many different bags, it's embarrassing.
LowePro Fastpack 250, Crumpler 6mdh, Timbuk 2 small, Timbuk 2 medium, Northface messenger with dodgy insert. I've never found a bag for all purposes.

Canon 7d|17-40 L F4|50 1.4|85 1.8|70-200 L F4
Sigma 10-20|30 1.4|105 2.8
Flickr (external link)

jonneymendoza
Goldmember
3,788 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Dec 27, 2012 09:28 |  #5515

zeitgeist wrote in post #15412058 (external link)
I use so many different bags, it's embarrassing.
LowePro Fastpack 250, Crumpler 6mdh, Timbuk 2 small, Timbuk 2 medium, Northface messenger with dodgy insert. I've never found a bag for all purposes.

you a girl lol but yea i understand. i just ordered a fstop loka with shallow medium icu!!

cant wait. already have a lowepro 350 which this will replace and i have a thinktank retro 20 for going to work/local day trips

Canon 5dmkIII | Canon 85L 1.2 | Sigma 35mm ART 1.4|Canon 16-35mm L 2.8 |Canon 24-70mm L f2.8 | Canon 70-200mm F2.8L MK2 | Canon 430EX MK2 Flickr (external link)

treck_dialect
689 posts
Joined Jul 2010

Dec 27, 2012 09:37 |  #5516

zeitgeist wrote in post #15412058 (external link)
I've never found a bag for all purposes.

i dont think anyone has.

well hello
http://aleccorpuz.word​press.com/ (external link)
Flickr (external link)

alintx
348 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Dec 27, 2012 11:45 |  #5517

happy2010 wrote in post #15409874 (external link)
Dear Alison,

Also, a sturdier but a bit bulkier option is the Think Tank Hubba Hubba Hiney Bag-
http://www.thinktankph​oto.com …ts/hubba-hubba-hiney.aspx (external link)

Think LEAN - perhaps make some of your bags serve as dual-purpose (i.e both a transport medium and an on-location function.)
Making our assets work for us rather than us working for your assets, I find easier.
Remember we spend the first 2/3rds of our life accumulating "stuff" and the last 1/3 of our life getting ride of "stuff"!

Take care.

Mary

Oh, I like the Hubba Hubba Hiney.

I love your last sentence . . . sold my big suburban house last year and bought something closer-in to the city that is 1/3 the size (and no garage!). Got rid of a gazillion things! Engineered/renovated the current home around the stuff we love: books, electronics, photography gear, crafty crap, cooking, work.

Now, the right bags and containers are super-essential for keeping the goodies organized. Otherwise we'll have total chaos in such a small space. :-)

Al
5DIII, 5DII, T2i, TS-E 24mm f3.5L II, 17-40 f/4L, 24-70mm f2.8L, 50 f/1.4, 85 f/1.8, 70-200 f/2.8 L II, 135mm f/2L, 180mm f/3.5L, Canon 40mm f/2.8, Sigma 50-500 OS, 3 x 600EX-RT, ST-E3-RT, RRS tripod + BH-55, bags out the wazoo, other crap +++
Aerial Photography (external link)

happy2010
Looking for the light first
559 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Dec 27, 2012 12:20 |  #5518

alintx wrote in post #15412586 (external link)
Oh, I like the Hubba Hubba Hiney.

I love your last sentence . . . sold my big suburban house last year and bought something closer-in to the city that is 1/3 the size (and no garage!). Got rid of a gazillion things! Engineered/renovated the current home around the stuff we love: books, electronics, photography gear, crafty crap, cooking, work.

Now, the right bags and containers are super-essential for keeping the goodies organized. Otherwise we'll have total chaos in such a small space. :-)

Wow Alison, that is quite a transition.
Yes, all we realistically need are the basics and love… [& some photography stuff with bags(s) to keep it in!]
HAPPINESS REVEALED - http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=gXDMoiEkyuQ (external link) (9:56 minute video)

Mary

MARY

willspective
601 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Dec 27, 2012 12:28 |  #5519

Headshotzx wrote in post #15411872 (external link)
That is correct, anyone who has bought the Herringbone leather hand strap for DSLRs can attest to the fast shipping from the korean sellers on Ebay. Herringbone is a pretty oft-talked-about brand here on POTN.

I actually have a Herringbone hand strap lol what a fail :oops:

Is $90 for this little bag worth it? It'd probably be my go to for my 5D2 and the pancake as a walk-around..

will (external link) | web (external link) | gear

AlexMcCranor
219 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Dec 27, 2012 13:15 as a reply to  @ willspective's post |  #5520

Girlfriend got me the new think tank retrospective for Christmas.

Can take some better photos in the studio if people are interested.

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i28.photobucket​.com …4107-0000046608711118.jpg (external link)

Inside pocket fits note book ipad and other bits.

http://i28.photobucket​.com …4107-00000466256A0053.jpg (external link)

5d mk3 and 24-105L. I don't like lots of dividers as they make the bag massive.

http://i28.photobucket​.com …4107-00000466162389F5.jpg (external link)

With 15 inch MacBook Pro.

http://i28.photobucket​.com …4107-0000046630E0D9D2.jpg (external link)

My Blog Alex McCranor Freelance Camera Operator & Editor (external link)
Creative Director at Workimage Commercial Business Video & Photography (external link)
Grimsby & Lincolnshire Wedding Video and Wedding Photography (external link)

sponsored links

4,749,829 views & 359 likes for this thread
Show me your camera bag
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.