Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
Thread started 01 Jan 2013 (Tuesday) 14:40
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Question

setagate
965 posts
Gallery: 471 photos
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 01, 2013 14:40 |  #1

When I try to upload photos to my "for sale" ad from my computer I am limited to only two photos. I notice that some other ads contain as many as 5 or 6 photos. How do they do this? I would like to include 4 photos with my ad. I would be very appreciative of any help on this. Thank you.

Bob

Bob

sponsored links
clarence
Goldmember
2,204 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 01, 2013 14:46 |  #2

Host the images on another server and then use the IMG tag to include the additional images in your ad

For Sale: 1D, T1i, 800mm, 600mm

5D3, 1D4, 7D, 600/4L, 200/1.8L, Sigmonster 300-800mm, 80-200/2.8L MDP, 28-70/2.8L, 85/1.8, 50/1.4, 12-24mm, (4) 550EXs, (4) WL strobes, PW MiniTT1/FlexTT5s/AC3/A​C9s
LoCo-Photo.com (external link)

volfan1978
720 posts
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 01, 2013 14:48 |  #3

Some also reply to their own thread with "more pics," which allows you to add two more.

setagate
THREAD ­ STARTER
965 posts
Gallery: 471 photos
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 01, 2013 15:12 as a reply to  @ volfan1978's post |  #4

"Host the images on another server and then use the IMG tag to include the additional images in your ad"

I tried this and it didn't work for me. IMG files don't seem to be accepted. Maybe more explanation would be helpful. I do see people including 5 or 6 photos with their original message, not a follow-up.

Bob

Bob

Skip ­ Souza
Cream of the Crop
26,204 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jan 01, 2013 15:23 |  #5

Unless you have your own server that is always connected to the INTERNET and is dedicated to hosting your images the way to go is through a hosting service like Flickr, photobucket, (mind is blank), Then you can embed as many as 8 images per post.
The For Sale is not the same as the photo sharing forums. You can exceed the number of images per thread (not per post) but you may not exceed the size limitations.

Bless the recently fallen and their family and friends.
I have a Cannon with me at all times. You can't take the shot if you don't have something with which to shoot. :rolleyes:
That which does not kill me ~~ Should Run.
5DMkII, 7D, 70-300L IS, 24-105L,
No more PayPal gift payment requests.
"PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED."

Skip ­ Souza
Cream of the Crop
26,204 posts
Joined Mar 2005

Jan 01, 2013 15:25 |  #6

More information is available here: https://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthre​ad.php?t=290249

Bless the recently fallen and their family and friends.
I have a Cannon with me at all times. You can't take the shot if you don't have something with which to shoot. :rolleyes:
That which does not kill me ~~ Should Run.
5DMkII, 7D, 70-300L IS, 24-105L,
No more PayPal gift payment requests.
"PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED."

sponsored links

1,229 views & 0 likes for this thread
Question
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.