Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 01 Jan 2013 (Tuesday) 13:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

which would be your dream eos camera?

mantra
Goldmember
1,617 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jan 01, 2013 13:25 |  #1

Hi

i don't know if it's the appropriate section , i did read but i did not find the perfect appropriate section

well without kidding or joking , which would be your perfect eos camera ?

i love a lot the eos 5 , eos 3 , film cameras , the 5d (really loved it and still love it) and i'm still playing with my 5d mark2
doubtful, dubious about upgrade to the mark 3, a friend of mine bought a 5d mark3 and laments micro out focus

by the way , my girlfriend did present me an Olympus OM-D EM-5
i was always a canon shooter ,but honestly i like this camera but the point is that camera did recall me legendary ae-1 or the Super AE-1 program or the canon A1

well i take out from the dust my ae-1 program and A1 , i insert 2 film rolls and take some picture

the point , is that i really would love to have a camera like Ae-1 program in metal , digital (full frame and not micro 4/3) with an eos mount , with automatic focus and a manual focus like the leica m9

i mean , i read nikon release a patent about sensors in the old camera

but i played with almost every digital canon camera , i did start with 20d , 30D ,7D , 5d , mark2 , 1ds mark 2, 3 and the 1dx

but the fascination, charm to have a new canon camera different like i described, with tecnology but with a retro design for me would be amazing

what about you?

ps happy new year to everyone!

canon 5d markII,24L & 24ts , 35L ,17-40L,24-70L,70-200 2.8ISL,50 1.4,85 1.4 , canon eos 3 ,eos 5 ,t90 , ae program and some very sweet fd lenses
3 analogic Hasselblad and 2 anologic Mamiya

sponsored links
talbot_sunbeam
848 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 01, 2013 13:43 |  #2

A 5DIIIx with a 10fps shutter, Wifi/GPS and Magic Lantern, with a dynamic range and ISO performance that's currently unpossible, would be nice... :)

7D, 450D | 17-55, 10-22, 55-250, 50 1.8, 580EXII | YN568II | YN622 x3 | Magic Lantern | (Still) Jonesing for a 70-200 2.8...
Turns out a gripped 7D + 622 + 580exII + 70-200 2.8 IS MK2 is BLOODY HEAVY! Who knew?!!

mattograph
"God bless the new meds"
7,693 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 01, 2013 13:44 |  #3

Don't forget eye control focus. Man that was awesome.

This space for rent.

TSchrief
Goldmember
2,099 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jan 01, 2013 13:49 |  #4
bannedPermanent ban

1Dx performance in a 5D style body with a 60D price. And a free 24-70 f/2.8L II kit lens. Keep the Wifi/GPS/LiveView/Vide​o if you can get the price down to that of a 650D. You said I could dream!

Gear List

modchild
Goldmember
1,469 posts
Joined Jul 2011

Jan 01, 2013 14:41 |  #5

As the 7D MkII seems to be slated for a release this year then I think that would have to be my most realistic dream to compliment my other dream camera, the 5D MkIII, that I already have. I would love the 7D MkII to have better ISO handling and a better IQ SOOC than the MkI did, then maybe my dream could turn to realism.

Not too fussed about the 1Dx, would have one if I had plenty of money, but I already have a 5D3 which has a higher MP, same AF and really good ISO performance anyway and I don't machine gun with either of my bodies now so I don't need the fps of the 1Dx.

EOS 5D MkIII, EOS 70D, EOS 650D, EOS M, Canon 24-70 f2.8L MkII, Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII, Canon 100 f2.8L Macro, Canon 17-40 f4L IS, Canon 24-105 f4L IS, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 85 f1.8, Canon 50 f1.4, Canon 40 f2.8 STM, Canon 35 f2, Sigma 150-500 OS, Tamron 18-270 PZD, Tamron 28-300 VC, 580EX II Flash, Nissin Di866 MkII Flash, Sigma EM 140 Macro Flash and other bits.

cmosman
460 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Mar 2005

Jan 01, 2013 16:51 as a reply to  @ modchild's post |  #6

A 5Dmk3 with eye control would be nice. My old EOS 50E was awesome in its day, look and take a picture.

Cameras & Lens all due to my kind wife :D

Scatterbrained
Cream of the Crop
8,422 posts
Gallery: 217 photos
Best ofs: 11
Joined Jan 2010

Jan 01, 2013 16:55 |  #7

For me, I'd love a 40mp 1Dx with 16 stops of clean DR and a base iso of 25, capable of all of the functionality of ML in a native to the camera format, with built in Wifi and GPS. Oh yeah, it needs to cost no more than $2500. ;) I don't think I'm asking for too much. :lol:

VanillaImaging.com (external link)"Vacuous images for the Vapid consumer"
500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
1x (external link)
instagram (external link)

Snowyman
Goldmember
3,801 posts
Gallery: 307 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 01, 2013 18:01 |  #8

A 5D Classic with 22.3 MP full-frame CMOS Sensor, Digic 5+ Processor, 50 - 102800 ISO range, 6fps shooting rate, 100% Viewfinder coverage, 3.2" LCD screen and 61 point AF... Oh wait that's a 5D Mark III isn't it?

Snowy's Gear
Deviant Art (external link)
Flickr (external link)
500px (external link)

DantheCanonMan
104 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jan 01, 2013 18:14 |  #9

A 5D Mk II at less than $1700.

T2iGuy
139 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Jan 01, 2013 18:34 |  #10

5D3 with the price of a T4i

GEAR: T2i

fotocrack
194 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jan 01, 2013 18:51 |  #11

a lighter 5DM3 with an EVF, histogram in viewfinder at least.

5DM3 lover :cool: //My custom build computer //My Feedback
PLEASE DONATE TO YOUR LOCAL FOOD BANKS AND LOCAL CHARITIES

Tom ­ Reichner
"I am a little creepy"
14,549 posts
Gallery: 154 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 01, 2013 19:47 |  #12

You said we could dream, so here goes:

I want a body with a full frame sensor with at least 35mp, and technology that supports an independent color filter array for every single pixel. This would eliminate all noise grain completely, as every single one of the 30 million pixels would have a "processor" that would determine the proper red value, green value, and blue value. Not one pixel would be interpolated, and none would suffer from "signal interference". One could shoot at insanely high ISOs and see exactly the same image quality that 100 ISO images had, as noise would simply not happen due to every single pixel being "micro-managed" by it's very own color filter array. These CFAs would be a product of completely new, incredibly advanced technology that would allow them to be microscopic in size, so that this body would be no larger than Canon's current prosumer DSLRs.

There would be in-body IS that works just as effectively in all situations as Canon's current in-lens IS - but it would good for 12 stops in all situations. This would work equally well regardless of what lens was mounted to the camera. It would sense every variable and adjust itself accordingly - if you're clamped down tight on a tripod, it would know that. If you mounted a lens that already had it's own IS, and you forgot to turn it off, then it would know that. It would sense horizontal panning motion and automatically switch to Mode 2 - unless you decided to override the defaults.

This body would be completely weatherproof and waterproof, and could be used underwater - at any depth - with no housing needed.

This body would be capable of shooting over 200 full resolution RAW images per second - making video and stills synonymous (provided you shot with sufficient shutter speed). The need for National Geographic and Planet Earth photographers to have quarter million dollar "high speed" cinema-grade video cameras for specialized projects would be eliminated - they could just grab their DSLR and start shooting, achieving the same superlative results.

Battery life would be perpetual, as a Solar Assist system would use new technology to continually charge the battery, even when the camera was not in use. This new technology would enable small amounts of light to be amplified and the resultant electricity stored so that even a few minutes of sunlight could provide a charge that would last for weeks of heavy use.

A Lo-Jack type system would be standard, and able to show you, or the authorities, where the camera is in the event of theft or loss.

I'm sure there are so, so many other improvements that this "ultimate" camera could have, but I'm out of ideas for the time being.

"Your" and "you're" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"They're", "their", and "there" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one.
"Fare" and "fair" are different words with completely different meanings - please use the correct one. The proper expression is "moot point", NOT "mute point".

bent ­ toe
Goldmember
1,951 posts
Gallery: 106 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Jul 2012

Jan 01, 2013 19:51 |  #13

A 60D type camera with FF, 24mp, wi-fi, 50 focuspoints, iso twice the 5Dmk3, water and dust proof, twice the resolution on lcd, 100% viewfinder, customizable buttons, joystick, magnesium alloy.

Basically a 60D enhanced like a mother#ยค%%&&

"High life on low budget"
bent photos (external link)Portfoliobox (external link)
X-Pro1 XF 35 f/1.4

Canonswhitelensesrule
Goldmember
3,648 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 01, 2013 20:34 |  #14

1DXs Kit with 42 Mp, 12 FPS, Max ISO 25,600 (That should be high enough for anyone!) Outstanding Dynamic Range, etc. Kit includes Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L I.S.II USM lens, Canon 1.4x & 2x series III TeleConverters, and the New Canon EF 14-70mm f2L I.S. USM lens! Kit price...$12,000. Includes free Platinum CPS membership for life!

Photographers do it in 1/1,000th of a second...but the memory lasts forever! ;)
"It's only cheating if you get caught!" - Al Bundy
People who THINK they know it all really annoy those of us who DO!

lpj8
244 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jan 01, 2013 20:52 |  #15

If we are dreaming....I'd like to see modular design where you could select specific camera components to match your needs. Much like computer builds, but for cameras. Probably not going to happen, but it would be cool to have that choice.

I'd build something like....
-5D like body, 24 megapixel with huge dynamic range, 1Dx AF system, built in wireless sync, wifi, gps, 2x CF slots, ISO range of 25-25,600, and some of the capabilities of the lytro camera to adjust focus in pp if needed.

Canon 5D Mark III
24-105 F/4L; 70-200 F/4L; 85 F/1.8

sponsored links

4,254 views & 0 likes for this thread
which would be your dream eos camera?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.