Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 07 Jul 2004 (Wednesday) 19:56
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Show me your camera bag

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 04, 2013 17:10 |  #5536

Cool, Abram!

Dave

sponsored links
happy2010
Looking for the light first
559 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jan 04, 2013 17:53 |  #5537

Yes, thank you for the pics AGPHOTOGRAPHY/Abram - very helpful to further see the texture of the new material.
Think Tank CITY WALKER 20 (with an ID: 599 cubic inch), which sounds like it is great for you, may be a bit too small for me, but the Think Tank CITY WALKER 30 (with ID: 863 cubic inch; about the same as the economical Lowepro NOVA 200AW) may have a bit more room & be another alternative bag for a two-camera, walk-a-bout bag.

Thanks again for the good revealing pics.

Mary

MARY

agphotography
Goldmember
3,726 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 04, 2013 19:16 |  #5538

Not a problem, I have several other pics available, and I did a writeup here: http://www.thephoblogr​apher.com …think-tank-citywalker-20/ (external link)

It's a surprisingly large bag actually. I can fit a 5D and all 5 of my lenses in there.

-Abram-
www.goglanianphoto.com (external link)
500px (external link) / Flickr (external link)
Tumblr (external link)

Bilderknipser
889 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2010

Jan 04, 2013 20:34 as a reply to  @ agphotography's post |  #5539

^^^ Cool review and it looks like a nice bag, so far ThinkTank wasn't really for me, but this one looks pretty interesting.

Carmen
Mom, Veteran, Student
Gear List

TheAnt
Goldmember
1,386 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jan 04, 2013 21:34 |  #5540

Abram,

I don't know if you ahve a Retro 20 to compare, but can that camera sleeve fit into an R20?

6D EF 24-70 MkI - Σ 50 mm 1.4 - Σ 15mm 2.8 Fishie - 430EX II - AlienBees -
Website (external link) | Insta (external link) | 500px (external link)

agphotography
Goldmember
3,726 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 04, 2013 22:51 |  #5541

Oh good question! I didn't think to try removing the padding from my Retro bags (I have the 10 and the 7). It's very possible that it would indeed fit, but the CW series is lined with velcro to hold the insert in place I'll have to experiment and try that out, though I'm not sure if you can buy the insert on its own from Think Tank. I could ask them for you (I have some contacts there)

-Abram-
Tumblr (external link)

xeodragon
287 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jan 04, 2013 23:28 |  #5542

agphotography wrote in post #15443511 (external link)
I've got a rocket blower too, kind of want one of the mini ones as I don't like carrying the big one around, I usually leave it in my roller bag unless I really need it.

I'm kinda bad, I just let my stuff get all dusty / dirty while I'm shooting, and I'll clean it when I get home, just noticed however that both of my cameras have sensor dust the other day so I'm gonna have to do something about that ;)

@Alex - Ah it's good to hear from another tall fellow, don't you enjoy the nice long straps that Think Tank provides?

That's what I've decided to do as well. Leave the rocket blower at home and just clean my lenses on occasion (eg after going out with my gear). I can always use my lens pen's brush if anything, although I hear that can scratch a lens too?

TheAnt
Goldmember
1,386 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jan 05, 2013 10:44 |  #5543

agphotography wrote in post #15446578 (external link)
Oh good question! I didn't think to try removing the padding from my Retro bags (I have the 10 and the 7). It's very possible that it would indeed fit, but the CW series is lined with velcro to hold the insert in place I'll have to experiment and try that out, though I'm not sure if you can buy the insert on its own from Think Tank. I could ask them for you (I have some contacts there)

If it fits, please do! I'm trying to find an easy way to make my R20 convertible between camera bag and day bag, since ripping the inserts out all the time is an annoyance

6D EF 24-70 MkI - Σ 50 mm 1.4 - Σ 15mm 2.8 Fishie - 430EX II - AlienBees -
Website (external link) | Insta (external link) | 500px (external link)

2mnycars
Goldmember
3,035 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Jan 05, 2013 22:13 |  #5544

Have you considered trying any of the backpack inserts? Or perhaps a Tenba insert from their Messenger bag?

I don't have a Retro bag. Sold mine for a Speed Racer after my Retro10 disappointed me on a trip.

Dave

agphotography
Goldmember
3,726 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 05, 2013 22:55 |  #5545

I have a tenba insert which I'll try.
I contacted think tank about the insert so ill let you guys know what I found out.

-Abram-
Tumblr (external link)

happy2010
Looking for the light first
559 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jan 05, 2013 23:11 |  #5546

xeodragon wrote in post #15446661 (external link)
That's what I've decided to do as well. Leave the rocket blower at home and just clean my lenses on occasion (eg after going out with my gear). I can always use my lens pen's brush if anything, although I hear that can scratch a lens too?

F.Y.I… If this isn’t too “girlie” for you these are small & effective and I prefer it to a lenspen (& have one in every one of my camera bags, when rocket blowers are too big).
http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …ick_Style_Lens_​Brush.html (external link)
If too “girlie”, there are always these (however this doesn’t have a protective cap):
http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …etracting_2_Pos​ition.html (external link)

AGPHOTOGRAPHY/Abram - thanks for the link to your good review of the TT CITY WALKER 20!

MARY

Scrumhalf
Cream of the Crop
6,387 posts
Gallery: 61 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Jan 05, 2013 23:14 |  #5547

I just carry a lenspen (with the brush attachment) with me just in case... although I never have had an occasion to use it outside the house. When traveling, I just leave the rocket blower in the hotel room. I can always come back at the end of the day and clean the lens if needed.

Sam
5D4 | 6D | 7D2 (2 bodies) | Reasonably good glass
Gear List

flickr (external link)
If I don't get the shots I want with the gear I have, the only optics I need to examine is the mirror on the bathroom wall. The root cause will be there.

Headshotzx
Goldmember
4,488 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 06, 2013 00:36 |  #5548

IMAGE: http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1826/bagssmall8836.jpg

So um... yeaaaahhh.

<3 Think Tank.

Zexun | Flickr (external link) | YouTube (external link) |

meglet
Goldmember
1,305 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 06, 2013 13:43 |  #5549

appdroid wrote in post #15430068 (external link)
Hey, I have 60D too just getting started & was wondering if that eye cup is better than the one it comes with? I always liked the shape but was afraid to try because its view finder & i don't want something that will mess up my view.

The HoodEye only replaces the external portion of the original eye cup, not the entire view finder. I really like it for blocking out a little more light. It works fine with my glasses, too.

agphotography wrote in post #15443598 (external link)
Here's a few of the Think Tank CityWalker 20:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

Think Tank CityWalker 20 (external link) by Abram Goglanian (external link), on Flickr

I love this part, being able to remove the camera bucket so quickly makes this a very versatile bag when I want to use it to carry other stuff, I can still throw a camera in there with my jacket and it'll still be relatively safe.

I do not need a new bag I do not need a new bag I do not need a new bag I do not need a new bag I do not need a new bag I do not need a new bag.. . . . .

I really like the looks of that CityWalker, though. And there are days my Timbuk2 and Crumpers just don't quite work for what I need. . . Off I go to find more info on that bag. Sigh.

Canon EOS 70D | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | Tamron SP 60mm f/2 Macro Di II | Samyang 8mm f/3.8 VDSLR Fish-eye

omik
60 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 06, 2013 14:34 |  #5550

I DEFINITELY, ABSOLUTELY and CERTAINLY do not need another new bag …. But can’t resist … this will be my bag number 48 soon ;)

sponsored links

4,632,498 views & 327 likes for this thread
Show me your camera bag
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.