Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Kids & Family Talk 
Thread started 09 Dec 2012 (Sunday) 16:12
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Your Family Packages?

Lady ­ Tori
335 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 09, 2012 16:12 |  #1

Just wondering what everyones family packages are? How long are they for and what's included? Also how much?

sponsored links
bethsian91
119 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 09, 2012 19:52 |  #2

AI'm just starting out so I offer 1 hour shoot for £25, giving 25 images on a CD in 3 weeks, plus a 1 week rush option. I have no internet at home so can't offer prints as there are no local labs here

I want to second shoot a wedding so I know the score before I do my own.
Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link)

slimninj4
Goldmember
1,151 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Dec 27, 2012 12:04 |  #3

100$ gets you 1 8x10 and a 5x7 each different pose and a sheet of wallets from one of those poses. Then more sales from more prints. I have the prints developed and sent to the clients wrapped in packaging one week after all the photos are picked out.

Clients have 2 months to go on a website and purchase more.

Canon 40D 5Dm3 || 24-70 L 70-200 2.8 IS2 100mm Macro 50mm 1.8 35 1.4

Caffrey123
119 posts
Joined May 2011

Jan 12, 2013 16:00 |  #4

I have been shooting for a year now - www.samanthalovettphot​ography.com (external link).

I charge $225 for a full family session including 25-30 edited images on disk, a local location and 1.5 hours of shooting time.

I have been told several times (usually by professionals and clients in the know) that I am too cheap. However, I have also been told that I am too expensive (usually by people looking for a deal). My price works for me and my client base but if I was doing this full time, I would charge $350 for a full session including the disc.

bethsian91
119 posts
Joined Dec 2012

Jan 14, 2013 06:06 |  #5

bethsian91 wrote in post #15346767 (external link)
AI'm just starting out so I offer 1 hour shoot for £25, giving 25 images on a CD in 3 weeks, plus a 1 week rush option. I have no internet at home so can't offer prints as there are no local labs here

i must point out i have no interest in making a huge profit, my services are aimed at those who can't afford a professional photographer in order to fund my hobby. Most of my clients are young benefit mums.

I want to second shoot a wedding so I know the score before I do my own.
Website (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Twitter (external link)

syclarac
148 posts
Joined Jan 2012

Jan 15, 2013 17:28 |  #6

My family package is $250 for a one hour family shoot. Session fee does not include product. My prints start at $30 and are sold a la carte. Most my clients buy my digital files package starting at $250, though. I think my prices are right for me & the type of clients in SF Bay Area. OP, are you thinking of starting a business or adjusting your prices? Or looking for a photographer?

www.suechoiphotography​.com (external link)
6D, 5D2, ∑15mm fisheye, 16-35 f2.8IIL, 50L, 100L macro
T3i, 17-55 f2.8, 50 f1.8

HazePhotography
64 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Mar 12, 2013 01:48 |  #7

i have been shooting for a long time now, but just this year starting to get into portraits and family photoshoots. my prices are probably too cheap but until i build my portfolio up some more, i only charge $150 for the session, and prints and digital downloads are extra... ($4 each for low res. up to $10 each for high res.) or they can download the whole gallery for $50...

i also include all the (30+) smaller watermarked images in the session fee. so basically, it's $150 bucks for 30+ watermarked images, or $200 bucks for 30+ full-size images.

am i being too generous?? i just fully re-did my website a month ago.. and the section i have been struggling the most on lately is the investment page.. i seem to be changing the prices every couple days lol. i think i am totally over thinking the whole thing lately haha

I just want to add, i have only actually done a hand-full of portrait sessions, and they have been for family and close friends where i charged anywhere from $0 - $60 strictly to get some experience with posing people, and build my portfolio! so at first i was thinking $150 is a lot! but then after reading everyone else's prices in the past month, i think i may still be under-charging... which i don't want to undercut the business., but then again i'm still starting out.... but then again i dont want my prices to be too cheap that people will skip over me thinking i can't take a good image! ahhhhh! :S lol

could really use some help and/or any advice! and if you want, you could go to my website and critique my portfolio so far, and how much you think i should be charging based on the quality of images i have displayed etc.... :)

-Paul Munro

natalieerachel
694 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Mar 12, 2013 14:03 |  #8

I've been shooting for about a year or so now;

I charge $100 for one hour, location and wardrobe changes as time permits, and 30-40 photos on a disc. If they are friends, I usually throw in a few more photos.

I have been told that I charge way too little...but the thing is, I'm only 18 and most people don't take me seriously (which is always frustrating) and won't hire me unless I don't ask for much. I've been looking to raise my prices but I don't quite know if I should because of this problem.....

NatalieFong.com (external link)
Facebook.com/NatalieRF​ongPhotography (external link)
Flickr.com/photos/Nata​lieFongPhotography (external link)

HazePhotography
64 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Mar 12, 2013 17:54 |  #9

natalieerachel wrote in post #15707054 (external link)
I've been shooting for about a year or so now;

I charge $100 for one hour, location and wardrobe changes as time permits, and 30-40 photos on a disc. If they are friends, I usually throw in a few more photos.

I have been told that I charge way too little...but the thing is, I'm only 18 and most people don't take me seriously (which is always frustrating) and won't hire me unless I don't ask for much. I've been looking to raise my prices but I don't quite know if I should because of this problem.....

i know you didn't ask... but may i give you a little critique on your website?

it just 2 things... #1 your background image is very nice with the 2 silhouette people, but... on your about me page... i could not read what it said because of the white letters and it went over the white gap in between the 2 people... i had to highlight the whole paragraph to be able to read it

just thought i would help out a little and you could take that into consideration... :)

oh yeah might as well tell you about the other thing too... on your drop down menu's... they turn a very light grey when you hover over them, and then they are also almost impossible to read as well over the white background..

anyways, aside from that. you got some nice images and i think you deserve some more $$$ for your hard work! :)

-Paul Munro

natalieerachel
694 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Mar 15, 2013 13:44 |  #10

HazePhotography wrote in post #15708017 (external link)
i know you didn't ask... but may i give you a little critique on your website?

it just 2 things... #1 your background image is very nice with the 2 silhouette people, but... on your about me page... i could not read what it said because of the white letters and it went over the white gap in between the 2 people... i had to highlight the whole paragraph to be able to read it

just thought i would help out a little and you could take that into consideration... :)

oh yeah might as well tell you about the other thing too... on your drop down menu's... they turn a very light grey when you hover over them, and then they are also almost impossible to read as well over the white background..

anyways, aside from that. you got some nice images and i think you deserve some more $$$ for your hard work! :)

No no I appreciate your critique! One of my friends told me that recently, I've been meaning to fix it but I haven't had time, thanks! :D

Thank youuu, I want to raise my prices, but I feel like I might get less business if I do so :/

NatalieFong.com (external link)
Facebook.com/NatalieRF​ongPhotography (external link)
Flickr.com/photos/Nata​lieFongPhotography (external link)

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Mar 15, 2013 14:05 |  #11

natalieerachel wrote in post #15718577 (external link)
No no I appreciate your critique! One of my friends told me that recently, I've been meaning to fix it but I haven't had time, thanks! :D

Thank youuu, I want to raise my prices, but I feel like I might get less business if I do so :/

Less business but the same amount of income? or less business and less income, those are two different things. I raised my prices for my drafting business a couple years ago, kept most of my clients at the time but did not land to many new ones. A few here and there. But at the end of the year I made more money and worked a lot less.

zyndurai
819 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Mar 15, 2013 16:44 |  #12

$150 for 1 11x14, 1 8x10, 2 5x7, 12 wallets. For family and friends, I give them all the digital files. Its only a hobby for me. The cost doesnt even come close to the gear that I have. I think my quality in photos are pretty decent for the price.

My flickr (external link)

sponsored links

2,905 views & 0 likes for this thread
Your Family Packages?
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Kids & Family Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.