Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 13 Jan 2013 (Sunday) 14:22
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I GOT REACH!!

Fuhrtographer
586 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 13, 2013 16:59 |  #16

I also have owned this lens but have since sold it and wished I still had it. I have a funny story about the whole fiasco though.

I learned a valuable gear lesson through that experience. I bought the lens at Best Buy and the salesman talked me into a cheap UV filter. I could not take a sharp picture with that filter on, but I didn't realize it was the filter. I Put it on the shelf for about 6 months and finally sold it to a friend. He lets me borrow it every now and then but without the filter and its tack sharp! I'm always to embarrassed to tell my friend why I sold him the lens.

That was the first lens I bought that was not a kit lens, and the last cheap filter I will ever buy!!

Fuhrtographer's Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
BrandonSi
Nevermind.. I'm silly.
5,306 posts
Gallery: 62 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

Jan 13, 2013 18:00 |  #17

It's a solid little guy. I think most people have owned it at least once when they were getting started. I do remember the IS being a bit noisy, but it was good at what it did! Enjoy it!

[ www (external link)ยท flickr (external link)]

dpds68
Goldmember
1,464 posts
Joined May 2008

Jan 13, 2013 18:41 |  #18

Cool Lens have fun , you do know that your 18-55 mm is a Zoom also , I know that you know that JK have fun .

Gripped Canon 7D,20D,XT / Tamron 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 85mm f1.8 , 70-200 2.8L,EF50mm1.8 II,Sigma 150-500mm OS, Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6
Vivitar285Hv x2,Canon430EX,Nissin Di866,CTR-301P Triggers,
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/dpds68/ (external link)

Rick67
THREAD ­ STARTER
142 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Jan 13, 2013 18:56 as a reply to  @ dpds68's post |  #19

The fun has already begun! Took these today.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

KatieMarie99
215 posts
Joined Aug 2011

Jan 13, 2013 19:01 |  #20

Man, I wish we had snow in Florida!

website (external link) | facebook (external link)

Christina.DazzleByDesign
Goldmember
1,973 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jan 13, 2013 19:03 |  #21

KatieMarie99 wrote in post #15484333 (external link)
Man, I wish we had snow in Florida!

...said no one ever?

seriously. thats like complaining about having too much money :lol:

--shivering up in canada--

5D3 | 7D | 85L II | 70-300L | 24-105L | Nifty Fifty | 600EX-RT_______________
| Facebook (external link) | Website (external link) | Gear List |Flickr (external link) |

Arob1000
825 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2012

Jan 13, 2013 19:13 |  #22

BrandonSi wrote in post #15484100 (external link)
It's a solid little guy. I think most people have owned it at least once when they were getting started. I do remember the IS being a bit noisy, but it was good at what it did! Enjoy it!

This was my 1st telephoto and I was amazed by its reach on a crop camera. I took it to a baseball game and from the upper deck was able to zoom into the dugout! The couple times I took it out I got some really great photos (in fact my profile picture was taken with this lens).

I upgraded to a 70-200 f/4 IS but now that I've gone full frame I feel I need more reach! Probably will end up getting the 100-400L at some point.

Website (external link) :cool:500px (external link) :cool: Flickr (external link) :cool: Facebook (external link) :cool:Blog (external link):cool:

sophie's-mom
317 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Jan 13, 2013 19:19 |  #23

Congratulations. I don't have this lens...I have a Quantaray 70-30...but it feels good to get close, doesn't it? :)

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,127 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Jan 13, 2013 19:46 |  #24

congrats...now start saving your pennies, because it won't be long before you say to yourself...'300mm just isn't long enough'...and it gets expensive to go long :)

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

2,476 views & 0 likes for this thread
I GOT REACH!!
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.