Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 07 Jan 2013 (Monday) 10:39
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adobe Photoshop CS2 Absolutely Free from Adobe

tkbslc
Cream of the Crop
24,567 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 09, 2013 16:19 |  #31

Rick67 wrote in post #15467075 (external link)
Will this even run on Windows8?

Probably, but you might have to enable Windows Xp compatibility mode on the application's shortcut.

Taylor
Galleries: Flickr (external link)
60D | ELPH 330 | iPhone 5s

sponsored links
killwilly
866 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Dec 2009

Jan 10, 2013 04:29 |  #32

HokkaidoStu wrote in post #15460604 (external link)
Doesn't work on my version of Windows 7..........

I have downloaded it on my wife's Windows 7 laptop and it's working fine.

Alan. flickr (external link)
---------------
Canon 7D. Canon 15-85 EF-S Lens. Canon 55-250 EF-S Lens. Speedlite 430ex 11.
Canon EOS-M. Canon 18-55 EF-M Lens. Speedlite 90EX.
Sigma APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM.

HokkaidoStu
323 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 10, 2013 08:05 |  #33

killwilly wrote in post #15469560 (external link)
I have downloaded it on my wife's Windows 7 laptop and it's working fine.

It works on mine too now I enabled XP Compatibilty Mode........

my blog (external link)
my SmugMug page (external link)

Elfstop
720 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 10, 2013 08:11 |  #34

So if one downloads this and legally can't then its no different than using pirated software? Look at the ones on here thats already downloaded it and think that's different than using pirated software.
Or is it different?

bryank930
814 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Jan 10, 2013 08:25 |  #35

So the serial numbers provided with this will let it install and run?

Canon EOS 60D | Google Nexus 7 | Samsung Galaxy S4 / SPH-L720 | Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD ASP IF | Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS | Yongnuo YN-565 YN560

HokkaidoStu
323 posts
Joined Jun 2007

Jan 10, 2013 08:48 |  #36

Elfstop wrote in post #15469993 (external link)
So if one downloads this and legally can't then its no different than using pirated software? Look at the ones on here thats already downloaded it and think that's different than using pirated software.
Or is it different?

I wouldn't think Adobe's lawyers are that bothered about 8 year old software.........but, yes I guess it's technically not legal if you never owned a licensed copy of CS2.

bryank930 wrote in post #15470028 (external link)
So the serial numbers provided with this will let it install and run?

Yes.........

my blog (external link)
my SmugMug page (external link)

breal101
Goldmember
2,724 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jan 10, 2013 09:25 |  #37

HokkaidoStu wrote in post #15470088 (external link)
I wouldn't think Adobe's lawyers are that bothered about 8 year old software.........but, yes I guess it's technically not legal if you never owned a licensed copy of CS2.

Yes.........

If Adobe wants to capitalize on this they should re-offer the CS5 upgrade. It's not easy to find these days. Probably because of their new policy regarding the CS6 upgrade.

"Try to go out empty and let your images fill you up." Jay Maisel

René ­ Damkot
Cream of the Crop
39,856 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 11, 2013 14:03 |  #38

Elfstop wrote in post #15469993 (external link)
So if one downloads this and legally can't then its no different than using pirated software?

I didn't download it it, but I could do so legally, since I own a CS2 license. (In fact, I still have PSCS2 installed, which is why I didn't download it ;))

If you don't own a license, you cannot legally use it.
That is: other then as a 30 day trial, which I presume the other posters in this thread are referring to, since promoting use of pirated software isn't allowed on POTN

"I think the idea of art kills creativity" - Douglas Adams
Why Color Management.
Color Problems? Click here.
MySpace (external link)
Get Colormanaged (external link)
Twitter (external link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.

Mark_48
Goldmember
2,068 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 12, 2013 15:03 |  #39

René Damkot wrote in post #15475690 (external link)
I didn't download it it, but I could do so legally, since I own a CS2 license. (In fact, I still have PSCS2 installed, which is why I didn't download it ;))

If you don't own a license, you cannot legally use it.
That is: other then as a 30 day trial, which I presume the other posters in this thread are referring to, since promoting use of pirated software isn't allowed on POTN

Since you still have PSCS2 legally is good reason to download it. Once the activation servers are disabled for CS2 you won't be able to re-activate the copy you possess. Downloading the Adobe posted version and the serial number will allow you to continue with CS2 if you so want to or need to.

Megapixels and high ISO are a digital photographers heroin. Once you have a little, you just want more and more. It doesn't stop until your bank account is run dry.

Mark_48
Goldmember
2,068 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Jan 12, 2013 15:04 |  #40

Maybe Adobe dumb like fox :mrgreen:

Put something out there that's a few versions old for free that's not generating any cash flow, bunches of people download the software and use it for a while, and then decide they now like it well enough they have to get the full priced upgrade with all the great new features.

Megapixels and high ISO are a digital photographers heroin. Once you have a little, you just want more and more. It doesn't stop until your bank account is run dry.

Z0RR0
49 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jan 14, 2013 11:37 |  #41

Rick67 wrote in post #15467075 (external link)
Will this even run on Windows8?

Yes.
I installed it on my tablet, it works fine.

6D, 10D, Tokina 12-24, Canon 50 f1.8, 28-135 , 430EXII, GoPro 1&2

sponsored links

5,683 views & 0 likes for this thread
Adobe Photoshop CS2 Absolutely Free from Adobe
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.