Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jan 2013 (Wednesday) 14:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I Ordered a 5D Mark III... But Got Laminate Flooring Instead - Dell.com

awilli1715k
719 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 17, 2013 03:23 |  #631

I can't believe people think its a scam from there comments ...Ridiculous

Canon SL1-Canon 40D gripped-Canon 40mm Pancake-Canon 50mm 1.8-Canon 10-22

sponsored links
Gregg.Siam
Goldmember
2,383 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 17, 2013 04:04 |  #632

1Tanker wrote in post #15499360 (external link)
Spamming your own thread now? :rolleyes:

That's spamming how? It's pretty much on topic and just showing how a bigger media source has picked up the story.

I think it's pretty cool that it's getting all the attention it can. It's exposure that causes companies to act because it affects the bottom line and customer perception. Most places don't really give a damn about you until it costs them money and/or reputation.

5D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4 L| 50mm f/1.8 | 600EX-RT [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=bl​ue][FONT="]|
∞ 500px (external link)
flickr (external link)

dexy101
Goldmember
2,375 posts
Gallery: 93 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 17, 2013 04:37 |  #633

I think the op has gone too far now but gotten what he wants, attention, and plenty off it. I'm off to phone dell and see if anyone has actually been sent 2 boxes of flooring instead of a canon 5dmk3 ( for a news story I'm covering of course ha)

dexy101
Goldmember
2,375 posts
Gallery: 93 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 17, 2013 04:39 |  #634

Gregg.Siam wrote in post #15499447 (external link)
That's spamming how? It's pretty much on topic and just showing how a bigger media source has picked up the story.

Excuse me, are your eyes painted on? Did you read the story on fstop lounge? He sent it to them.

iLvision
Cream of the Crop
5,766 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 17, 2013 05:04 |  #635
bannedPermanent ban

Hahaha this is getting pretty interesting!!

Ilya | Gear | flickr (external link) D800| 14-300mm f/1.4GL ED VR III USWM

1Tanker
Goldmember
4,470 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 17, 2013 05:28 |  #636

dexy101 wrote in post #15499480 (external link)
Excuse me, are your eyes painted on? Did you read the story on fstop lounge? He sent it to them.

Indeed. His last words when he FINALLY cancelled his order were... Order cancelled, spreading the word.

This is exactly what he's doing. Both articles, exact story. Obviously he's bulk-mailing it out to any and every photo site, and anyone who will publish his epic "ordeal".

I guess he's looking for donations, so he can afford therapy, to get over this life-altering event.

Poor fellow. :rolleyes:

Kel
Gear

CameraMan
Cream of the Crop
13,337 posts
Gallery: 26 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 17, 2013 05:48 |  #637

They've posted this on Facebook as well. Dell is really starting to look bad now. Let me know if this shows up on CNN. I hope it shows up on The Daily Show or the Colbert Report. I record those regularly. :)

Photographer (external link) | The Toys! | Facebook (external link) | Video (external link) | Flickr (external link)
Shampoo sounds like an unfortunate name for a hair product.
You're a ghost driving a meat-coated skeleton made from stardust, riding a rock, hurtling through space. Fear Nothing!

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,710 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 17, 2013 06:28 |  #638

I hope they reference some wood jokes.

Shane
flickr (external link)

Scott ­ M
Goldmember
3,208 posts
Gallery: 75 photos
Joined May 2008

Jan 17, 2013 06:41 |  #639

SoCalTiger wrote in post #15496463 (external link)
Everytime I unbox a 5DIII, I get wood too.

Unboxing doesn't do anything for me... I just get wood when I use my 5D3. :D

Photo Gallery (external link)
Gear List

Tim ­ S
Goldmember
1,484 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2006

Jan 17, 2013 06:48 |  #640

OK, after reading all 43 pages of this story, I'm officially "board".

Tim
Equipment

Gregg.Siam
Goldmember
2,383 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 17, 2013 07:10 as a reply to  @ Tim S's post |  #641

Yes I read it, but I didn't see anywhere that it stated he contacted them. I took at is someone asking him for his version of the story. With that said, I still don't think it's spamming. If this indeed did happen, I would want to get it to the media if it happened to me as well.

As for my original spamming comment, I was referring to this thread as I didn't think him linking the story was something I would call spamming.

5D MKIII | 24-105mm f/4 L| 50mm f/1.8 | 600EX-RT [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=bl​ue][FONT="]|
∞ 500px (external link)
flickr (external link)

LV ­ Moose
Moose gets blamed for everything.
23,373 posts
Gallery: 219 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 17, 2013 09:17 |  #642

Tim S wrote in post #15499642 (external link)
OK, after reading all 43 pages of this story, I'm officially "board".

If you had, you'd know I already used that shtick :lol:

Moose

Gear... Flickr (external link)...Flickr 2 (external link)...
Macro (external link)...Hummingbirds (external link)
Aircraft (external link)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,247 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Jan 17, 2013 09:21 |  #643

LV Moose wrote in post #15500003 (external link)
If you had, you'd know I already used that shtick :lol:

And I already used the "Shtick" shtick:rolleyes:...We need some new puns here.:lol:

Mark

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,157 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 17, 2013 09:33 |  #644

rrblint wrote in post #15500020 (external link)
And I already used the "Shtick" shtick:rolleyes:...We need some new puns here.:lol:

Haha, very punny.

I wonder if the video editors on The Titanic ever went, "Sorry, I can't right now. I'm busy synching the Titanic..."

HelenOster
That's me!
4,503 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 17, 2013 09:43 |  #645

LV Moose wrote in post #15498130 (external link)
Don't wanna think about it. My 5DIII came with signature required, so it wasn't dropped at the door. I wasn't impressed with Adorama's packing in this case: plastic airbags around the sides of the camera box, but nothing on the bottom.

Pillows are our choice of packaging because they are easier to store, and are proven to be the best shock absorbers for all categories of product.

Our protocol is to pack above and beyond the industry standard. Most packaging companies that come in and see our operation are taken back by the amount of pillows we use in one carton – and try everything to get our business because it is not the norm. The industry standard is to put the item in the box to one corner and then fill the void with dunnage whether it is peanuts, pillows, foam, or paper.

We instruct our packers to blanket the bottom and the sides of the box, place the item in the middle and then fold over the pillows and add more to fill the box where needed. The only thing we don’t add any pillows to are items that ship in the vendor box, and soft goods (t-shirts, backpacks, hats, etc).

All that being said, it sounds from your feedback that for some reason your package wasn't packed as it should have been, for which I can only, at this point, apologize most sincerely. If you would like to send me your order number: Helen@adorama.com (external link), then I will raise this with the DC Manager.

sponsored links

174,100 views & 0 likes for this thread
I Ordered a 5D Mark III... But Got Laminate Flooring Instead - Dell.com
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.