Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jan 2013 (Wednesday) 14:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I Ordered a 5D Mark III... But Got Laminate Flooring Instead - Dell.com

HelenOster
That's me!
4,503 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 17, 2013 09:52 |  #646

Pepe Guitarra wrote in post #15498012 (external link)
That is soemthing that happened to me recently when Adorama sent me the Sigma 35/1.42 via UPS. I checked the internet and it said that it was delivered at the porch, but I saw nothing. Thanks God he ha hidden it between couple of bushes. Either way, it is unaccetable. FedEx always requires signature for those items. That is something ADORAMA (hint, if they are reading!!) should change. Require signature from the addressee, especially for an $899 lens, and if possible change UPS for Fedex, or even better and cheaper, the US Post Office. The same day, I receive via Fedex a hood for the 85/1.8 that I puchased form an OP here. I had to sign for the $20 hood. Good for him.

We do!

http://www.adorama.com​/catalog.tpl?op=faq#SH​IPPING (external link)
Delivery Requirements

A signature is required for most UPS shipments upon receipt. Someone must be at the address to receive the package and sign for it. Packages cannot be rerouted or picked up from UPS. If you require additional help to receive your package, please contact us (external link).

Unfortunately, some UPS delivery men seem to be as easy to control as a bunch of 5-year olds in an ice-cream factory.....

sponsored links
RandyMN
Goldmember
3,131 posts
Joined Aug 2005

Jan 17, 2013 09:55 |  #647

Helen, my packages from Adorama all arrive packed well, and I have no problem with these air pillows because I can pop them and they don't fill up my trash can. I for one am happy to be rid of peanuts and paper.

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,159 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 17, 2013 09:59 |  #648

Jalal, see why we order from Adorama? Helen gives us the best CS of anyone I've seen yet! ;)

HelenOster wrote in post #15500163 (external link)
We do!

http://www.adorama.com​/catalog.tpl?op=faq#SH​IPPING (external link)
Delivery Requirements

A signature is required for most UPS shipments upon receipt. Someone must be at the address to receive the package and sign for it. Packages cannot be rerouted or picked up from UPS. If you require additional help to receive your package, please contact us (external link).

Unfortunately, some UPS delivery men seem to be as easy to control as a bunch of 5-year olds in an ice-cream factory.....

Yeah, I know some UPS drivers will even sign for you.

RandyMN wrote in post #15500177 (external link)
Helen, my packages from Adorama all arrive packed well, and I have no problem with these air pillows because I can pop them and they don't fill up my trash can. I for one am happy to be rid of peanuts and paper.

Same here. And stress relief from popping them is an added bonus! :lol::lol:

I wonder if the video editors on The Titanic ever went, "Sorry, I can't right now. I'm busy synching the Titanic..."

-MasterChief-
- B E L I E V E -
3,188 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jan 17, 2013 10:00 |  #649

My daughter loves to pop the air pillows! :)

HelenOster
That's me!
4,503 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 17, 2013 10:05 |  #650

RandyMN wrote in post #15500177 (external link)

We don't use peanuts for packaging for a variety of reasons; they are comparatively expensive, they take up a lot of storage room and they are highly environmentally unfriendly.

In addition, peanuts have been proven to be inadequate for the types of merchandise we ship, as items packed in the center of a box are liable to slip to the side of the box - so are more susceptible to damage.

HelenOster
That's me!
4,503 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 17, 2013 10:06 |  #651

D. Vance wrote in post #15500201 (external link)
Jalal, see why we order from Adorama? Helen gives us the best CS of anyone I've seen yet! ;)

Aaaawww... thank you so much!:oops::D

LV ­ Moose
Moose gets blamed for everything.
23,373 posts
Gallery: 219 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 17, 2013 10:48 |  #652

Hi, Helen. I wasn't really expecting a response, but thank you. :D

HelenOster wrote in post #15500126 (external link)
Pillows are our choice of packaging because they are easier to store, and are proven to be the best shock absorbers for all categories of product.

Yes, I much prefer air pillows to peanuts or paper. :)

We instruct our packers to blanket the bottom and the sides of the box, place the item in the middle and then fold over the pillows and add more to fill the box where needed. The only thing we don’t add any pillows to are items that ship in the vendor box, and soft goods (t-shirts, backpacks, hats, etc).

My Sigma 35 f/1.4, a very recent purchase, was packed the same way (as I described my 5DIII); pillows around the sides, but non on top or bottom. As it happens, that lens has a large case with a good amount of interior foam surrounding the lens. So, no issue, really.

All that being said, it sounds from your feedback that for some reason your package wasn't packed as it should have been, for which I can only, at this point, apologize most sincerely. If you would like to send me your order number: elen@adorama.com (external link), then I will raise this with the DC Manager.

I'm not looking for an apology, especially from you; you had nothing to do with it. And since my 5DIII seems fine... and as far as I can tell, the Sigma lens (I'll test it this weekend)... there's no need for action, order numbers, and so on.

Overall, I'm happy with Adorama: I've had no problems with orders or cancellations; I love the web site, prices, choices, and so on; I appreciate your presence here, and you dealing with our issues. And I'm very happy with Steve Chill, who I've dealt with on my last two orders.

Moose

Gear... Flickr (external link)...Flickr 2 (external link)...
Macro (external link)...Hummingbirds (external link)
Aircraft (external link)

ifi
173 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 17, 2013 10:53 |  #653

LV Moose wrote in post #15500378 (external link)
Hi, Helen. I wasn't really expecting a response, but thank you. :D

Yes, I much prefer air pillows to peanuts or paper. :)

My Sigma 35 f/1.4, a very recent purchase, was packed the same way (as I described my 5DIII); pillows around the sides, but non on top or bottom. As it happens, that lens has a large case with a good amount of interior foam surrounding the lens. So, no issue, really.

I'm not looking for an apology, especially from you; you had nothing to do with it. And since my 5DIII seems fine... and as far as I can tell, the Sigma lens (I'll test it this weekend)... there's no need for action, order numbers, and so on.

Overall, I'm happy with Adorama: I've had no problems with orders or cancellations; I love the web site, prices, choices, and so on; I appreciate your presence here, and you dealing with our issues. And I'm very happy with Steve Chill, who I've dealt with on my last two orders.

+1

Both Adorama and B&H know what they are selling and have good CS. Helen is very active and helpful; Only if she was in sales so all of us could get some awesome deals :)

:)

SoaringUSAEagle
Daddy Of The Crop
10,812 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 17, 2013 11:03 |  #654

BH just posted about this on their FB wall too, linking to the fstoppers story.

Things that make ya go, huh.... Quite the deal if this really is true.

5D3 | 35L | 50 1.4 | 85L II | 135L | 24-70L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,711 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 17, 2013 11:04 |  #655

Lol two of my photog friends have shared it on FB as well.

Shane
flickr (external link)

SoaringUSAEagle
Daddy Of The Crop
10,812 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 17, 2013 11:09 |  #656

Short of going through the pages I missed - Have you checked the website to see if the camera's serial number has any images online from the one box?

5D3 | 35L | 50 1.4 | 85L II | 135L | 24-70L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II

Stone ­ 13
Goldmember
1,690 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Jan 17, 2013 11:10 |  #657

a satisfied customer hardly tells anyone, a dissatisfied customer tells everyone......

Ken
Fujifilm X100T | 5D III gripped |35L | 24-70 2.8L II | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 85 1.8 | 430 EX II | Yongnuo YN-568EX | Billingham 445 | Think Tank UD 60 |

RHChan84
Goldmember
2,320 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jan 17, 2013 11:12 |  #658

This is why us POTNers go to a few places to buy their gear. Adorama and B&H are highly recommended and there are many reasons for that. We all know there are places to get some gear slightly cheaper but in the end, not worth it and no Canon Warranty usually.

Canon (60D Gripped | 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS | 40mm f2.8 | 50mm f1.8 | 70-200 F4L IS| 430 EXII)
Tamron (17-50 f2.8 VC)
Feedback
Facebook (external link)

flickr (external link)

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,159 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 17, 2013 11:12 |  #659

ifi wrote in post #15500392 (external link)
+1

Both Adorama and B&H know what they are selling and have good CS. Helen is very active and helpful; Only if she was in sales so all of us could get some awesome deals :)

:lol::lol::lol:

I wonder if the video editors on The Titanic ever went, "Sorry, I can't right now. I'm busy synching the Titanic..."

RHChan84
Goldmember
2,320 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jan 17, 2013 11:13 |  #660

Stone 13 wrote in post #15500457 (external link)
a satisfied customer hardly tells anyone, a dissatisfied customer tells everyone......

I would disagree with that only because Adorama and B&H are highly recommended and they are highly recommended because of a good transactions.

Canon (60D Gripped | 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS | 40mm f2.8 | 50mm f1.8 | 70-200 F4L IS| 430 EXII)
Tamron (17-50 f2.8 VC)
Feedback
Facebook (external link)

flickr (external link)

sponsored links

174,169 views & 0 likes for this thread
I Ordered a 5D Mark III... But Got Laminate Flooring Instead - Dell.com
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.