Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jan 2013 (Wednesday) 14:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I Ordered a 5D Mark III... But Got Laminate Flooring Instead - Dell.com

MOkoFOko
nut impotent and avoiding Geoff
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 17, 2013 13:37 |  #676

MJ23FE wrote in post #15500540 (external link)
I just got off the phone with Canon's Chesapeake location and reported the one serial # as stolen. Unfortunately, they scrapped the other sticker off and so it's impossible to know what it was. Included are photos I took this morning of the tags or lack there of. You can see the indent in the box where they scrapped the sticker off. That was actually the first one I received. The second box still had the sticker on it.

-Jalal

How about the serial on the lens boxes inside the cam boxes? I'd report those too! They might be able to link the missing 5d3 to the 24-105L it was paired with.

At least I THINK there's a serial# sticker on the lens whiteboxes--that's what I recall from my own experience.

My Gearlist

sponsored links
MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 17, 2013 13:40 |  #677

LV Moose wrote in post #15500378 (external link)
I appreciate your presence here, and you dealing with our issues. And I'm very happy with Steve Chill, who I've dealt with on my last two orders.

Why, oh why couldn't his parents name him Joe instead? :cry: (batman fan)

My Gearlist

MJ23FE
THREAD ­ STARTER
495 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jan 17, 2013 13:40 |  #678

MOkoFOko wrote in post #15501024 (external link)
How about the serial on the lens boxes inside the cam boxes? I'd report those too! They might be able to link the missing 5d3 to the 24-105L it was paired with.

At least I THINK there's a serial# sticker on the lens whiteboxes--that's what I recall from my own experience.

I don't remember seeing a sticker on the white boxes, but I'll double check when I get home.

Haha. Duh. This whole time I figured the camera body would be in that white box. Derp. it's the lens that's shipped in it! Haha. :cool:

-Jalal

JZP
5DIII | BG-E11 | 16-35L IS | 24-105L | Σ50A | 135L | 28 1.8 | 50 1.8 | 85 1.8
30D | BG-E2 | 60 Macro | 10-22 | Tamron 17-50 2.8
Kenko Pro 1.4x TC | Lee | Singh-Ray | B+W

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 17, 2013 13:46 |  #679

MJ23FE wrote in post #15501038 (external link)
I don't remember seeing a sticker on the white boxes, but I'll double check when I get home.

Haha. Duh. This whole time I figured the camera body would be in that white box. Derp. it's the lens that's shipped in it! Haha. :cool:

-Jalal

Yep, the lens is in the whitebox, and those boxes have a numbered sticker on them--pretty sure they're serial#s--and it's highly likely they forgot to remove that sticker. The cam body is typically in a bubblebag that gets wedged into that cardboard cubicle with a flap. If that seems like kind of cheesy packaging for a $3000 camera, consider the fact that they ship 1D bodies in the same manner :lol:

If you look at the picture in post #4 you can see the sticker on the whitebox with a barcode, product ID, and (what I assume is) a serial#.

My Gearlist

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 17, 2013 13:51 |  #680

HelenOster wrote in post #15500126 (external link)
Pillows are our choice of packaging....

HelenOster wrote in post #15500222 (external link)
We don't use peanuts for packaging for a variety of reasons; ........ and they are highly environmentally unfriendly....

... but, does the air in the pillows meet the requirements of the Clean Air Act? ;)

(Just wondering if the EPA needs to be notified and what sort of clean up operation would be necessary in the event that I accidentally slice open a pillow while opening a box :lol: )

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Bill (external link)
Donate to Support POTN Operating Costs

MJ23FE
THREAD ­ STARTER
495 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jan 17, 2013 13:52 |  #681

People are still questioning my credibility and the credibility of this entire situation. All I have to say is that I do not have a single thing to hide. All I wanted was my camera. Had I received it, I would be happy as can be. No worries, no questions asked. Instead, I have had to deal with this BS situation and all the frustration and lost time that comes with it. I have people here at work asking me for updates and telling me that I've been handling it all properly. They can hear my discussions on the phone when I was talking with India. Frustrating to the nth.

-Jalal

JZP

MOkoFOko
19,889 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 17, 2013 13:57 |  #682

MJ23FE wrote in post #15501095 (external link)
People are still questioning my credibility and the credibility of this entire situation. All I have to say is that I do not have a single thing to hide. All I wanted was my camera. Had I received it, I would be happy as can be. No worries, no questions asked. Instead, I have had to deal with this BS situation and all the frustration and lost time that comes with it. I have people here at work asking me for updates and telling me that I've been handling it all properly. They can hear my discussions on the phone when I was talking with India. Frustrating to the nth.

-Jalal

Honestly I could not care less whether this was a hoax or not--it's an interesting thread. If you want to convince some more people though, what you could do is photocopy the invoices, take a sharpie to the delicate information (name/address/billing, and show order#/serial#s/date). It's not 100% proof, but that does add another layer of credibility to this story.

My Gearlist

xinvisionx
Goldmember
1,812 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 17, 2013 14:02 |  #683

MOkoFOko wrote in post #15501114 (external link)
Honestly I could not care less whether this was a hoax or not--it's an interesting thread. If you want to convince some more people though, what you could do is photocopy the invoices, take a sharpie to the delicate information (name/address/billing, and show order#/serial#s/date). It's not 100% proof, but that does add another layer of credibility to this story.

I agree.

My name is James ~ Gear ~ Facebook Fan Page (external link)

MJ23FE
THREAD ­ STARTER
495 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jan 17, 2013 14:04 |  #684

Next time I'm using my 60mm Macro and taking photos of everything, and not my iPhone.

Wait and see.

-Jalal

JZP

MJ23FE
THREAD ­ STARTER
495 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jan 17, 2013 14:11 |  #685

The power of Twitter. Let's see what comes of this.

-Jalal

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

JZP

MJ23FE
THREAD ­ STARTER
495 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jan 17, 2013 14:14 |  #686

And another reply.

-Jalal

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

JZP

thinkharder
442 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 17, 2013 14:22 |  #687
bannedPermanent ban

well dell is investigating it to see who at fault. first of all who take a snap shot of openining a box.
people usually take video of it. becaused their are a lot of scammer out there. Im not saying it you.

archer1960
Goldmember
4,930 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Jan 17, 2013 14:24 |  #688

thinkharder wrote in post #15501219 (external link)
well dell is investigating it to see who at fault. first of all who take a snap shot of openining a box.
people usually take video of it. becaused their are a lot of scammer out there. Im not saying it you.

I had always thought the "opening the box" videos were kind of silly, but now I'm thinking about doing it the next time I order some big-dollar item to be delivered, just in case...

Gripped 7D, gripped, full-spectrum modfied T1i (500D), SX50HS, A2E film body, Tamzooka (150-600), Tamron 90mm/2.8 VC (ver 2), Tamron 18-270 VC, Canon FD 100 f/4.0 macro, Canon 24-105 f/4L,Canon EF 200 f/2.8LII, Canon 85 f/1.8, Tamron Adaptall 2 90mmf/2.5 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Canon EX-430 flash, Vivitar DF-383 flash, Astro-Tech AT6RC and Celestron NexStar 102 GT telescopes, various other semi-crappy manual lenses and stuff.

Pepe ­ Guitarra
800 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Jan 17, 2013 14:37 |  #689

MJ23FE wrote in post #15501095 (external link)

-Jalal

What misslead me at the beginning of the thread was your coolness!! I would have been **** and screaming. You need to put this in Youtube. United Airlines once damaged a Taylor guitar of a Canadian musician (as cool as you). He promised he was going to write three songs about it. He wrote one that got million of viewers in Youtube. After that United offered to pay for the guitar. He did not accept it. Taylor guitars gave him THREE of the top of the line guitars (speaking of free advertisement). He got contract records, and free flying from other companies. You may be in your way to get a free camera from Adorama (this could actually be a good move in their part, everybody would change to Adorama instead of Dell), B&H or Canon itself. Who knows? Go to YT and do a nice video.

It's not a photo until you print it! :cool:
Click here (external link), this is myflickr (external link) gallery

MJ23FE
THREAD ­ STARTER
495 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Jan 17, 2013 14:40 |  #690

Pepe Guitarra wrote in post #15501290 (external link)
What misslead me at the beginning of the thread was your coolness!! I would have been **** and screaming. You need to put this in Youtube. United Airlines once damaged a Taylor guitar of a Canadian musician (as cool as you). He promised he was going to write three songs about it. He wrote one that got million of viewers in Youtube. After that United offered to pay for the guitar. He did not accept it. Taylor guitars gave him THREE of the top of the line guitars (speaking of free advertisement). He got contract records, and free flying from other companies. You may be in your way to get a free camera from Adorama (this could actually be a good move in their part, everybody would change to Adorama instead of Dell), B&H or Canon itself. Who knows? Go to YT and do a nice video.

Yeah, right! That'll never happen. haha.

-Jalal

JZP

sponsored links

173,388 views & 0 likes for this thread
I Ordered a 5D Mark III... But Got Laminate Flooring Instead - Dell.com
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.