Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 09 Jan 2013 (Wednesday) 14:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

I Ordered a 5D Mark III... But Got Laminate Flooring Instead - Dell.com

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,298 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Jan 18, 2013 10:14 |  #736

RTPVid wrote in post #15504505 (external link)
People are just drilling down to the details, that's all.

Details:BORING!

Drilling:Puns are fun!

This is sycamore like it.:lol:

Mark

sponsored links
pwm2
"Sorry for being a noob"
8,626 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 18, 2013 10:18 |  #737

That Dell marketing needs to spend more time trying to regain some of the reputation they lost from this case. And that the OP did cancel the order.

When the next person visits this thread and don't read everything he will not see this post either. So should someone write a new summary post for every new reader who don't have the time to read everything? Or should we demand that this thread is made sticky so you wooden have to read everything? Or should we branch off with a FAQ logging all important events?

5DMk2 + BG-E6 | 40D + BG-E2N | 350D + BG-E3 + RC-1 | Elan 7E | Minolta Dimage 7U | (Gear thread)
10-22 | 16-35/2.8 L II | 20-35 | 24-105 L IS | 28-135 IS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.8 II | 70-200/2.8 L IS | 100/2.8 L IS | 100-400 L IS | Sigma 18-200DC
Speedlite 420EZ | Speedlite 580EX | EF 1.4x II | EF 2x II

Pepe ­ Guitarra
800 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Jan 18, 2013 11:04 as a reply to  @ pwm2's post |  #738

Summary of thread:
1) OP ordered a 5DIII and a lens form Dell.com
2) He got two boxes filled with a cheap engineered laminated floor
3) He documented with still photos the opening of the box (this created some suspicion among forum members)
4) He posted his issue and wrote that he had called Dell.com. They sent another camera next-day deliver.
5) OP got another box filled with the same laminated floor (by now, he has enough to floor his kitchen).
6) This second posting plus the coolness of the OP increased suspicions by other forum members, who thought this was a hoax. Thus, they started to make jokes about this.
7) Finally, the OP posted answers to the Twitter account from Dell.com and people finally took him seriously. Other OPs have also posted similar cases of mail or shipping fraud.
8) The OP also got a work from Dell.com accepting the order cancellation.
9) OP is waiting to make sure he gets reimbursed.
10) Forum members want to see blood coming from somewhere, that is, they want Dell to get to the bottom of it and find and punish the guilty ones.
11) Adorama came and reafirmed their commitment to be the best.
12) Thread has become boring.
PS: I have read all the posting (I cannot believe I have had the time to do it):)

It's not a photo until you print it! :cool:
Click here (external link), this is myflickr (external link) gallery

DigitalSoCal
437 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Jan 18, 2013 11:14 |  #739

I want a 5d3, but I'm broak

--Jonny--
60D, 18-135, 430EXII, and several voice-activated light stands

woos
Goldmember
2,224 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jan 18, 2013 11:32 |  #740

Epic thread, if you catch my "drift". It needs spruced up with more pics. ^_^

amanathia.zenfolio.com

ten2376
205 posts
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 18, 2013 11:45 |  #741

Interesting development. My boss was notified by his contact at dell that existing stock was inspected overnight with no signs of tampering. They felt there was no need to even pull the camera availability off the online store. Also there were several sales of the same camera within the timeframe the op purchased and recieved his 2 units and no other complaints have been reported but they are probably going to follow up with dell cs reps calling too verify how the sale went.

joeblack2022
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jan 18, 2013 11:53 |  #742

OP - good move connecting with Dell on Twitter, I had an issue with a memory card reader I bought from them and the support on Twitter was fast and communication was good.

Granted this is an entirely different situation but I believe you have at least bypassed the call centers.

Joel

garciarf
317 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Aug 2012

Jan 18, 2013 12:24 |  #743

joeblack2022 wrote in post #15505019 (external link)
OP - good move connecting with Dell on Twitter, I had an issue with a memory card reader I bought from them and the support on Twitter was fast and communication was good.

Granted this is an entirely different situation but I believe you have at least bypassed the call centers.

Yeah. Once things go public, it's not an issue of customer service/call centers, it's an issue of damage control.

Felipe G
EOS 1Ds, 1D Mark III, 7D, XT. 18-55, 70-200 f4L, 28-135, 28-70 f2.8L, 40mm 2.8, Tokina 12-24, Sigma 80-400 OS, EF 100-400 f4.5-5.6 L IS, 1.4x Extender III.
My Gallery: http://fgrphoto.smugmu​g.com/ (external link)
My Flickr (external link)

RHChan84
Goldmember
2,320 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Jan 18, 2013 12:29 |  #744

Pepe Guitarra wrote in post #15504838 (external link)
Summary of thread:
3) He documented with still photos the opening of the box (this created some suspicion among forum members)
4) He posted his issue and wrote that he had called Dell.com. They sent another camera next-day deliver.
5) OP got another box filled with the same laminated floor (by now, he has enough to floor his kitchen).
6) This second posting plus the coolness of the OP increased suspicions by other forum members, who thought this was a hoax. Thus, they started to make jokes about this.
7) Finally, the OP posted answers to the Twitter account from Dell.com and people finally took him seriously. Other OPs have also posted similar cases of mail or shipping fraud.
10) Forum members want to see blood coming from somewhere, that is, they want Dell to get to the bottom of it and find and punish the guilty ones.
PS: I have read all the posting (I cannot believe I have had the time to do it):)

Pretty much sums up the entire thread.

Canon (60D Gripped | 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS | 40mm f2.8 | 50mm f1.8 | 70-200 F4L IS| 430 EXII)
Tamron (17-50 f2.8 VC)
Feedback
Facebook (external link)

flickr (external link)

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,298 posts
Gallery: 40 photos
Joined May 2012

Jan 18, 2013 12:46 |  #745

Pepe Guitarra wrote in post #15504838 (external link)
Summary of thread:

Woodwork Pepe!

Mark

TeamSpeed
01010100 01010011
37,639 posts
Gallery: 111 photos
Joined May 2002

Jan 18, 2013 12:50 |  #746

That is a good summary, with alot of sappy posts that branched off into other topics. We just need to axe ourselves how long this will go on. I think this thread will die, bud I doubt it. Knot that I care, because I am probably going to just plane ignore it, or just unsubscribe. I wonder what the panel of mods think about this post.

(had to get one more reply in) :D

Past Equipment | My Personal Gallery (external link) My Business Gallery (external link)
For Sale: Sigma USB Dock

thinkharder
442 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Jan 18, 2013 12:57 |  #747
bannedPermanent ban

No dont closed it we want to know if the dell worker get arrested or the OP.

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,256 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 18, 2013 13:01 |  #748

TeamSpeed wrote in post #15505274 (external link)
That is a good summary, with alot of sappy posts that branched off into other topics. We just need to axe ourselves how long this will go on. I think this thread will die, bud I doubt it. Knot that I care, because I am probably going to just plane ignore it, or just unsubscribe. I wonder what the panel of mods think about this post.

(had to get one more reply in) :D

IMAGE: http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-gDVcbWQ/0/O/i-gDVcbWQ.gif

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

Clemson656
977 posts
Joined Jan 2006

Jan 18, 2013 13:09 |  #749

ten2376 wrote in post #15504992 (external link)
Interesting development. My boss was notified by his contact at dell that existing stock was inspected overnight with no signs of tampering. They felt there was no need to even pull the camera availability off the online store. Also there were several sales of the same camera within the timeframe the op purchased and recieved his 2 units and no other complaints have been reported but they are probably going to follow up with dell cs reps calling too verify how the sale went.

Interesting indeed.

Everyday Gear || 5D III | 6D | 24L II | 50L | 16-35L II | 24-70L II | 600EX-RT ||

My Canon Gear List and Feedback!

Computational Photographer ~= Photographer with Computational Photography & Computer Vision Background~= Art + Science :)

JakAHearts
Cream of the Crop
6,715 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 18, 2013 13:34 |  #750

rrblint wrote in post #15505253 (external link)
Woodwork Pepe!

Eggsellent.

Shane
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

175,240 views & 0 likes for this thread
I Ordered a 5D Mark III... But Got Laminate Flooring Instead - Dell.com
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.