Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 19 Jan 2013 (Saturday) 17:33
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

How to reject a job.

Shamir
THREAD ­ STARTER
508 posts
Joined Oct 2008

Jan 20, 2013 16:21 |  #46

cdifoto wrote in post #15512864 (external link)
Payment and contract should be simultaneous...

Did you both sign or just her? If you didn't sign then you're still not obligated. But yeah you're doing this whole thing wrong.

Yeah, It's my bad, shouldn't have signed. She told me that day that she was going to call me the next day to follow up on the payment.. that was october, still january and nothing.

There's a client that wants to fly me to puerto rico for an event and those dates were compromised with that lady. I will turn her down and accept the job offering abroad, it's a more secure job and I already worked with that client.

Thank you all for your comments, really good ideas to implement on my daily business.. Being young, I still don't have that experience on driving a big business.. Sure we learn something new every day!

Shamir
My Website - Click Here (external link)

cdifoto
Don't get pissy with me
34,090 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Jan 20, 2013 16:33 |  #47

Shamir wrote in post #15512898 (external link)
Yeah, It's my bad, shouldn't have signed. She told me that day that she was going to call me the next day to follow up on the payment.. that was october, still january and nothing.

There's a client that wants to fly me to puerto rico for an event and those dates were compromised with that lady. I will turn her down and accept the job offering abroad, it's a more secure job and I already worked with that client.

Thank you all for your comments, really good ideas to implement on my daily business.. Being young, I still don't have that experience on driving a big business.. Sure we learn something new every day!

There you go. If you're actually booked you can honestly tell her you're booked. No lie necessary, white or otherwise. Be careful though because if your contract says nothing about the deposit being required, you might be stuck.

Did you lose Digital Photo Professional (DPP)? Get it here (external link). Cursing at your worse-than-a-map reflector? Check out this vid! (external link)

mikeinctown
Goldmember
2,119 posts
Joined May 2012

Jan 24, 2013 13:14 |  #48

A signed contract with her is nothing if it requires a deposit and she gave nothing. Sounds like a PIA and you would have never made her happy. Very glad that you found a better offer that weekend.

CDI, you were spot on with all your posts. Don't lie, don't use profane language, but just state the facts. "Due to you not providing a deposit in a reasonable amount of time, and for not showing up at xx of your requested appointments I cannot provide you the services you desire."

Madwrench
633 posts
Joined Feb 2011

Jan 24, 2013 17:21 |  #49

Dan Marchant wrote in post #15509902 (external link)
So send yourself an email asking if you are available to do some street photography on that day,
Send yourself a reply saying "yes, please pay $1 deposit to secure date",
Take a dollar from your pocket and put it in your other pocket,
Send the lady an email saying that as a deposit wasn't paid the date wasn't secured and you have now been booked for that date by another client and wont be available.

Hello Congressman.

ATP
Goldmember
2,550 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined May 2009

Jan 24, 2013 17:29 |  #50

THE TRUTH BRO...STICK TO THE TRUTH!!!!
"This is a waste of time and Im no longer interested in the job"

Canon 7d and a Bunch of other sh*t
website is down | FB FAN PAGE (external link) |TWITTER (external link)| Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

6,583 views & 0 likes for this thread
How to reject a job.
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.