Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 14 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 15:08
Search threadPrev/next

Best places to buy bikinis/lingerie

woodsters
Goldmember
1,894 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jan 13, 2011 01:13 |  #16

Besides what Fred said, try local lingerie/adult novelty stores. We have stores like Adam and Eve here plus one called Priscilla McCalls. They always have stuff on sale in a bin or on a certain rack. A lot of stuff marked down to $10 or less that was more expensive at one time. Make contact with the manager and let them know what you are doing. They might be willing to work with you to make sure you get first pick on some things. Plus they might be willing to spread the word about you to their clients who might want to get their photos taken.

www.brianwoodphotograp​hy.com (external link)

DisrupTer911
Goldmember
2,452 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 13, 2011 11:40 |  #17

Or even better would to be come the stores shooter for their website

www.vividemotionphotograph​y.comexternal link

randys1a
78 posts
Joined May 2009

Jan 14, 2011 12:21 as a reply to  @ DisrupTer911's post |  #18

Maybe not bikinis/lingerie but for props try goodwill and other thrift stores they have a lot of items that make wonderful props.

sdsanta
38 posts
Joined May 2009

Jan 18, 2011 21:54 |  #19

try www.wickedtemptations.​com (external link)

chrisvl
Goldmember
1,618 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Jan 18, 2011 22:37 |  #20

Love their stuff but it's not cheap. The OP is looking for discount stuff.

ChrisVLinton.com (external link)
DFYNEfitnessmag.com (external link) - Fitness, Health, Glamour, Lifestyle for Women 40+
Become a Fan on Facebook (external link)
Follow me on Twitter (external link) and Instagram (external link) and Blog (external link) at Tumblr (external link)
My Gearlist

Ledrak
266 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 08, 2011 00:36 |  #21

Nice link. Didn't know about them. I too seem to go through this headache every year of having to restock my wardrobe.

Ingerson"PCD"
Goldmember
2,796 posts
Gallery: 96 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Mar 2010

Mar 08, 2011 09:54 as a reply to  @ Ledrak's post |  #22

Ross, Marshalls, TJMaxx. etc. You'd be surprised at the brands you can get there for a bit of nothing.

-Eric-
I have too many hobbies to be good at any of them.
Flickr (external link)

AllisonFaith
115 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 10, 2011 14:43 |  #23

Victoria Secret always has some on sale/clearance, and then the sales are really great too.

Also, Target, very cheap, and very cute!

Flickr (external link)
50d, 50/1.4, 35/2, 430exii

phantelope
Goldmember
1,889 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 21, 2013 12:45 |  #24

I also like Target, cheap, but certainly good enough quality to last for one shoot. Big variety too and what you don't use (tags still on) you can return with no problem. They have tons of swimsuits, sexy shorts, tank tops, etc. And really cheap.

40D, 5D3, a bunch of lenses and other things :cool:

fk6065
69 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 22, 2013 23:25 |  #25

http://www.yandy.com/ (external link) has some really good deals. Also watch Fredericks of Hollywood for their store wide 50% off sales.

And finding a local shop is always helpful. I have built a great relationship with one by me and the owner discounts all my orders and even calls me when something comes in that she knows fits my style of shoots

woodsters
Goldmember
1,894 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Jan 28, 2013 14:47 |  #26

Look on sites for their clearance. Someone mentioned wicked temptations. I've bought a bunch of stuff for my wife for $10 and under on their clearance section and have been very happy with it. I bought some stuff on eBay recently for around the same price, but it ended up being cheap Chinese stuff.

I was going to do the same thing, buy a bunch of inexpensive lingerie and let models choose what they wanted to shoot in and keep it. But my wife nixed that idea. Told me I wasn't buying lingerie for other women. Lol. I just have the model bring something they already have. It's usually something different and the size is right. I do however make recommendations of where they can buy stuff. I'm paying for my studio and equipment. The girl can at least show up with her own wardrobe unless it is something very specific.

www.brianwoodphotograp​hy.com (external link)

Footbag
391 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 08, 2013 09:56 |  #27

Check the Le Petit Coquette blog. They let you know when there are couture lingerie sales. The quality is much better then novelty, and it looks it. Of course so is the price. But if you only check during sales and only buy at the best discounts, you can do very well.

Adam
My Astrophoto Gallery (external link)
The Astro Imaging Channel (external link)

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
5,474 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 08, 2013 11:58 |  #28

Lousy question, but here goes anyway:

A couple of weeks ago, there was a spam advertiser who was replying to all these "where to find clothes" threads with their website of cheapo knockoff clothes. I wanted to look at it, since my wife's dance/cabaret troupe often needs a bunch of matching outfits that will be used for one routine or show and then stored indefinitely. I can't remember the site name, and it seems that all those spam/ad posts are removed now.

If anyone remembers, care to PM me the address? thanks. It was something like ___-luvers.com , I dunno.

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

johnvanr
51 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Feb 10, 2013 05:50 as a reply to  @ nathancarter's post |  #29

Trashy.com, esp the bargains section.

9,445 views & 0 likes for this thread
Best places to buy bikinis/lingerie
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.