Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 23 Jan 2013 (Wednesday) 10:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Pictures on a disc for sports Banquet

eye ­ on ­ color
275 posts
Joined Feb 2010

Jan 23, 2013 10:03 |  #1

I will be providing pictures on a Disc for one of the local high school basketball teams for a fee. They will show these during the banquet in a slide show. I think this is a good opportunity to remarket the season to the parents and athletes. But I want to make sure the images are of ample size to show good on the slide show and not be sufficient for prints.

I’m seeking any input/help on the image size/Dimension to accomplish the task.

Thanks for your help.

Happy Shooting ;)
Gear List

Flickr (external link)

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,344 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Jan 23, 2013 17:57 |  #2

The best way to protect your images is to give them a simple contract which states what they may (and may not) use the images for. Do this in person so you can talk through it with the person in charge. That way they can't later claim they didn't know.

In addition would it be possible to set up print booth at the Banquet? That would be another really good way to ensure that possible sales don't get missed - The slide-show includes a slide stating that "prints of these photos can be purchased now....". Offering the school/team 10-20% of any profit (after costs deducted) might help.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

Joemt
505 posts
Gallery: 18 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Jan 25, 2013 14:59 |  #3

I try to avoid suppling photos on disc or on a website without water marking them. No matter
how small, or compressed you make them, someone will print them out, try to enlarge them or
whatever only making your work look like #%&^.

Invest in some software so you can produce the slideshow yourself. Create the slide show output
so it is in DVD format ( actually a movie ). That way, the option of "grabbing" your photos is via
a pause and screen shot, which is hardly worthy of print.

I present at the football and baseball banquets each year. You can sell the slideshows or suggest
that they would make excellent Senior gifts ( which they do ). I also sometimes showcase some
specialty items like trader cards, photo collages or large format prints. Was easy for me since
I had a son going through the programs and was basically the team photographer. I do run my
shop as a business, but it is not my full time job, just a side.

I also worked with these teams for fund raising, producing team posters which have advertising
from local businesses.

Yes, it should provide a good opportunity to remarket. Did you take pics through out the season
and display them on a website?

Joe T.

ColeSales
31 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 26, 2013 08:36 |  #4

Put a little slideshow together with a program like Antimoto. Put your logo on all of the photos and you'll be good. There's no way they can get to the photos if you already put them in a slideshow for them. They will then not have to put one together, meaning you could potentially make more. I'd say somewhere between $25-75. Take a look at the one I put together a few weeks ago...http://www.colesales.c​om/?p=165 (external link)

Cole Sales Photographer, LLC
Website (external link) | Facebook (external link)
Help People + Your Talent = Purpose

Mike ­ R
Goldmember
4,319 posts
Joined May 2006

Jan 27, 2013 11:18 |  #5

I charge my teams $265. for a 15-20 min slideshow which I make using ProShow Producer. I have it run in an endless loop for the duration of the banquet.

Mike R
www.mikerubinphoto.com (external link)

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,103 views & 0 likes for this thread
Pictures on a disc for sports Banquet
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.