Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
Thread started 21 Jan 2013 (Monday) 19:07
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

POTN G-series Speed Challenge #416 - This Is The Place

pwdieter
THREAD ­ STARTER
528 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 28, 2013 23:52 |  #16

results posted, thanks again for playing along.

Have fun
Paul

http://paul-dieter.artistwebsites.​com/ (external link)

sponsored links
mrshobden
464 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Jan 29, 2013 04:12 |  #17

Great challenge Paul & thanks for the 3rd place! congratulations to Katygirl and JT354 - great shots. I also liked the photos from the Irish duo - Steelydan and Marie!

My photo is of a local houseboat that is anchored onto Tollesbury seawall. In summer the deck and "bridge" is adorned with brightly coloured flowers and hanging baskets. The marsh itself changes daily - the BBC adaptation of Great Expectations was filmed here - I spent many hours perched on the seawall watching the filming! I have submitted pictures of the famous dead tree of the marshes in previous challenges. My village is known as the Plough and Sail - the spot where the farmland,marshes & sea via the creeks meet. Photo Opportunities are definitely not in short supply!

Linda

CMOats
Goldmember
1,901 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 29, 2013 05:30 |  #18

Congratulations to Katygirl (beautiful image), JT354 & Linda!! Some amazing entries this week, nice to see everyone's favorite haunt. Great job hosting Paul, that must have been a tough one :)
Maureen, hope you're feeling better soon!!

Cheryl
Canon 5D Mark II, 1D Mark III, G12 & some cool lenses;)

Kevan
Goldmember
3,123 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Jan 29, 2013 09:30 |  #19

Oh, the family is SO proud! Congrats Katygirl! She be my sister-in-law; the one who has documented so many family events with her camera. Funny, I was sitting in the barber's chair when her texts and phone call came in. Fortunately, I still have both ears.

Wonderful entries everyone and terrific judging, Paul.

Oh, and good news to all, Katygirl is so much more normal than me. So don't start shopping for Nikons.

kevan's lens (external link)

teekay
Goldmember
3,037 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Jan 29, 2013 10:50 as a reply to  @ Kevan's post |  #20

Congratulations, Katygirl on a great shot - and to Paul for choosing such an interesting subject!

jt354
401 posts
Joined Oct 2010

Jan 29, 2013 12:40 |  #21

Thank you! I also really like Marie and Rich Road's shots.

Good to see some old-school cameras on here. The G1 shot looks very good, as does the Pro1 -- interesting old camera

Zenfolio (external link)
flickr (external link)
Gear: Canon 60D / Canon G12 / Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 / Canon 35mm f/2 IS / Canon 85mm f/1.8 / Tamron SP 70-300mm f/4-5.6 / Speedlite 430 EXII / Slik 700DX legs / Cullmann MB6 head

Raven
698 posts
Joined Jan 2005

Jan 29, 2013 13:05 |  #22

Congrats Katygirl, JT354 and Linda.
And thank you, Paul, for judging such an excellent group of photos. Couldn't have been easy.

teekay - love that shot. Is that on the west coast of BC? Been way too long I've been anywhere there other than between Sydney and Victoria.

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,411 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 29, 2013 14:35 as a reply to  @ Raven's post |  #23

Congrats to the winners. Day 6 of the flu here and still yucky. Hopefully I can get back on my feet soon.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

teekay
Goldmember
3,037 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Jan 29, 2013 18:06 |  #24

Raven wrote in post #15548472 (external link)
....teekay - love that shot. Is that on the west coast of BC? .....

Thanks. Not the West Coast but on the shore of Kootenay Lake, where I live.

pwdieter
THREAD ­ STARTER
528 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 29, 2013 20:02 |  #25

teekay wrote in post #15549631 (external link)
Thanks. Not the West Coast but on the shore of Kootenay Lake, where I live.

Damn that was my guess. Knew it was fresh water and although I've never been I know kootenay is long like that.

Have fun
Paul

http://paul-dieter.artistwebsites.​com/ (external link)

marie
Cream of the Crop
21,057 posts
Joined Jul 2002

Jan 30, 2013 08:06 |  #26

:)

Congratulations to the winner Katygirl
and to runners up JT354 & Linda
gorgeous pictures all

:cool:

many thanks Paul for judging and hosting and comments on so many great entries
stunning scenes Cheryls Teekay and Linda's < lovely reflections and descriptions
loved all the beautiful scenes and entries
and Steelydan's (John's) picture... besides being a beauty it brought memories. that gorgeous piece will surely be a collector's treasure. if its not already , Tramore is a beautiful place . every Summer when the twins were small we stayed right beside that beach (in a long trailer), a favourite place always . the lovely 'scorpian' shown in the photo probably saw us coming and waited, hiding (albeit it a bulky hiding place lol).. until things went back to 'normal' after the season was over lol

I guess locals will know of the place exactly ... Atlantic View Park , a place that was very well looked after in every way :cool:
and down the walk...'Freddies' was a fun place,
for kids of all ages
: )

Maureen Souza wrote in post #15548785 (external link)
Congrats to the winners. Day 6 of the flu here and still yucky. Hopefully I can get back on my feet soon.

hope you get very well real soon Maureen. sending very best wishes, its horrible to be ill in anyway
ps (Skip maybe would be a tonic.... if he was in the bed in the photo)
bw!
maybe not what the doctor ordered but ...

{lol} < a shivery smile

(maybe thats him underneath trying to take a peep out ):eek:
[SIZE=2]
thanks Linda , and JT354
[SIZE=2] < Welcome to the challenge

:)

regards, Marie
Canon G12, dslr 40D, GIX
Canon lens24-105
Lmm10-22mm,17-40,17-85, 70-300,60mm

Car
627 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Jan 30, 2013 08:17 as a reply to  @ marie's post |  #27

Congratulations to Katygirl, JT354 & Linda and thanks Paul for hosting and judging.
Thanks to the students of Glasgow, the traffic cone is in situ more often than not!
Too many crackers this week, any one of them could have been a winner, I particularly liked Ravens and Teekays.
Hope you're feeling better soon Maureen x

Katygirl
Mostly Lurking
16 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Jan 30, 2013 15:10 as a reply to  @ post 15543137 |  #28

Katygirl

Thanks, Paul! I'm thrilled! Thanks to Kevan, also-so patient helping me (a lot!) with posting the picture! All of the photos were so wonderful!

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,411 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 30, 2013 16:05 |  #29

LOL, Marie and thanks to all for the well wishes. I am slowly recovering but 5 days of a high fever has knocked my socks off but luckily it broke on Monday night. Today I made myself go out for a little walk as it is a beautiful day here and I am weak & wobbly. The worst is behind me but I have a terrible cough that has my whole ribcage in spams of pain. We are off to Maui next Tuesday so I am hell-bent on getting better.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

Sikaranista
94 posts
Joined May 2010

Jan 31, 2013 20:54 |  #30

Car, I love the shot with the traffic cone! That had me laughing out loud...quite literally!

Carol flickr (external link)
EOS 50D, Rebel XTi, G10...and now a G1X!
C&C welcome and appreciated

sponsored links

6,108 views & 0 likes for this thread
POTN G-series Speed Challenge #416 - This Is The Place
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon G-series Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.