- How long have you had it? How many shots would you say you've put through it?
Since March of 2012 and over 20k in shutter count.
- What do you love about it? What have you grown to love about it over the time you've used it?
For me, the AF is amazing and tied for what I love the most. The image quality is the other part of the tie. The ergonomics and low noise at high iso have helped me greatly as well.
- What did you hate about it? What have you grown to hate about it over the time you've used it?
nothing really. It does everything I want it to and far more.
- Is there anything you would change, right now?
Nope. For others, maybe an interchangeable focus screen, but for me it won't matter.
- What are its top 3 strengths?
low noise at high ISO
image quality (at bit generic, but still valid)
- What are its top 3 weaknesses?
There are none in my opinion
- Does the AF work most of, if not almost everytime you use it?
Work? Why would it not? When I first bought it, I tested it with a 5D MKII in low light (5D2 using center and my 5D3 using outer AF points) and it ate the 5D2 for breakfast. more details if you like
- What do you primarily shoot?
portraits/models (we call them "pretties" here)
- How is your real world battery life?
I use the BG-E11 grip and two batteries. I get well over 900 shots with two batteries and at least 8 hours of shooting with LCD on. In fact, I've never ran out of battery life in a single day of shooting.
- How is the true dynamic range? How easy/hard is it to recover details in shadows/highlights?
Very good. I can recover 2-3 stops. But, I think it's a bunch of nonsense to try and recover shadows, much less judge a camera about shadow detail. Shoot at the proper exposure.
- Would you buy it if you could go back and do it all over again?
Sure, no change. Bought it with the 24-105 and paid more than you guys in the states (+ ~$200 body alone) and would do it again right now.