I was finally able to buy a 60D, battery is currently on the charger. I got it with the 18-135mm kit lens, a 32gb class10 card, and a polarizer filter.
1. Is there some sort of a car charger for the battery? I know I can find an answer but maybe someone will have a good suggestion that I might overlook.
2. Can I use the flash unit I have from my ancient Canon AE-1 film camera on the 60D? This will just be until I can save up for some new lighting gear.
3. Any recommendations for a remote shutter release? I know that my old film camera shutter cables won't work.
4. What are the initial basic accessories that I should get? I'm thinking one of those RocketFish blowers or something and other stuff that might not transfer well from my film gear to this digital world.
5. (left blank because I was thinking of something but it slipped my mind at the moment)
Thanks for any input. I'll be reading my way through the 60D threads as I have time.
oh yeah: 5. Any recommendations for rain/snow gear for the camera and lens? I tend to get caught outside in wet conditions at times while playing with photography and want to have something handy that I can keep handy in a camera bag or coat pocket.
edit to add #6:
6. I've picked up some old Canon EOS film cameras at thrift shops with various lenses on them over the last few years. I there any chance that I'll damage or blow up something in the 60D if I try those old lenses on the camera? Two are Canon's ( short zoom and a cheap mid-range zoom, one is a Sigma short zoom, and one is a clone "white body" longer zoom). All the lenses seem to work on the EOS film cameras so I thought I might play with them on the 60D if they won't cause any harm.