Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 12 Jun 2012 (Tuesday) 10:01
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

60D users, friends and their random OT B.S.

this thread is locked
Canon_Lover
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 03, 2013 00:48 as a reply to  @ post 15566460 |  #8476

Macroshooter was lucky and purchased a copy of this shot for $35 way back when I was starting my business :lol:

The lowest price for the shot now, is $500. :cool:

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

My 500PX (external link)

sponsored links
S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Feb 03, 2013 01:28 |  #8477

i just wish the 6D was more of what i needed and wanted in a camera. im thinking i found a good solution to my problems 5d mark iii kit, demb flash do-kickey, sigma 150-500mm os and then the sigma TC 1.4 and 2x for the 70-200 2.8 os so i reckon i have settled :) i wish i could get primes and the body and kit but its just not in the cards :)

I'm Russ. Gear List
Life is too short to drink bad wine
-ching chai
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunately it kills all pupils
-Louis Hector Berlioz

pauly916
Goldmember
1,523 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Feb 03, 2013 01:50 |  #8478

That sounds like a sweet kit Russ you will have a lot of fun. I'm longing for some prime lenses at the moment to but cash is tight so I just have to wait, but that's ok as this camera won't be changed for a very very long time.

Gear- who cares?
Facebook (external link)

awilli1715k
719 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Feb 03, 2013 07:15 |  #8479

Im trying to decide between a mark 3 and the canon 6d now. I want to shoot sports but realistically im at work all the time...Only full frame capable lens i have are the Canon 16-35 2.8 and the 50mm 1.8. SO here are my options

Add a 70-200 2.8 or F4IS to my Canon 60D kit
Add a Canon 6D and get another lens with that(Canon 70-200 2.8 or F4IS)
Add Canon mark 3 with some sort of prime or telelphoto lens(Canon 35mm 1.4 or 85mm 1.8)

Im getting a good income tax back so I plan on paying off my Bestbuy in full than adding some lens.. Love the 18months free interest and 24 months free interest if u buy a tv n other stuff

Canon SL1-Canon 40D gripped-Canon 40mm Pancake-Canon 50mm 1.8-Canon 10-22

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,975 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 03, 2013 10:25 |  #8480

if you don't need the 1/8000th speed, 6D is really good.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

vinmunoz
Cream of the Crop
16,975 posts
Gallery: 441 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Sep 2010

Feb 03, 2013 10:30 |  #8481

Immaculens wrote in post #15566338 (external link)
Saw a trick for 'no smiles' and its great...

use Liquify to create smiles. Works well on grumps like me ;-)a

I've seen other tutorials - this is the first I came across in response to your post and actually its better than the previous one I had seen. Enjoy ;-)a

http://www.youtube.com​/watch?v=hveclxDLa-Q (external link)

i tried that but it won't work on his mouth since there's like a heart shape in his upper lips. when i tried to liquify it, it looks bad with his mouth open. try it and see what i meant.

I think it's easier and looks better for a close mouth.

thanks for the link.

| VINZ - SONY A7RIII/A6000/FDR-X3000 | 85GM | FE1635GM | FE50F1.8 | SEL30mm F3.5 Macro |
INSTAGRAM (external link)- WEBSITE (external link) - FACEBOOK (external link) - 500PX (external link)

todmac
Goldmember
1,201 posts
Gallery: 27 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2011

Feb 03, 2013 10:52 as a reply to  @ vinmunoz's post |  #8482

Johan I never get tired of looking at your photos :) btw have you been in touch with macroshooter lately?

I started with a 60D then moved to a 5D2 and now I have finally reached the end...the 5D3 has arrived along with a 70-200 2.8IS II. Here are several of the first shots taken with the combo.

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8335/8440151028_1401e4f82a_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/todmac/84401510​28/  (external link)
Dirty Stache (external link) by todmac (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8086/8440147848_fb84b4c003_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/todmac/84401478​48/  (external link)
Auction Arena (external link) by todmac (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8491/8440144302_1af26ac521_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/todmac/84401443​02/  (external link)
Got Their Boots On (external link) by todmac (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8222/8439053695_eb568aaf93_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/todmac/84390536​95/  (external link)
Moo (external link) by todmac (external link), on Flickr

Todd | flickr | (external link)5∞px (external link) | todd.photography (external link)
Gear
Feedback | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Canon_Lover
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 03, 2013 13:01 as a reply to  @ todmac's post |  #8483

Todd, that first shot has great detail and character. :D

I don't what happened to MacroShooter. I still think I have his real name and address somewhere on file though. He loved photos, so I can only assume he had to sell his gear to make up for finances.

A lot of us, myself included, are willing to spend the last pennies in our back account for camera gear. Once we start losing 50 lbs of weight from not affording to buy food, it's time to consider selling the gear to live... :lol::lol::lol:

My 500PX (external link)

BurnUnit
808 posts
Gallery: 105 photos
Joined May 2012

Feb 03, 2013 13:22 |  #8484

denbow98 wrote in post #15566251 (external link)
Nice Vinz!!

One from today!!
QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/denbow98/843933​0405/  (external link)
AvaMarie (external link) by denbow98 (external link), on Flickr

Well it doesn't get much better than this, does it? There's a nice warmth in the colors and a bit of glow in the lighting, but none of it seems to be overdone. If she looked any sweeter it would make my teeth hurt.

My new favorite euphemism: "That's just cuter than a beagle eatin' a cupcake!"

Canon 60D+EFs 18-200, EFs 10-18, G5, A20 (retired), Pentax Optio Z10, Powershot A620 and a recently adopted Digital Rebel/300D

"They've introduced a new camera that's so advanced, you don't even need it!"
Steven Wright

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,209 posts
Gallery: 79 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Feb 03, 2013 14:06 |  #8485

yeah I see your point... at least its a sort of 'neutral' expression he has

vinmunoz wrote in post #15567407 (external link)
i tried that but it won't work on his mouth since there's like a heart shape in his upper lips. when i tried to liquify it, it looks bad with his mouth open. try it and see what i meant.

I think it's easier and looks better for a close mouth.

thanks for the link.

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Feb 03, 2013 14:54 |  #8486

vinmunoz wrote in post #15567399 (external link)
if you don't need the 1/8000th speed, 6D is really good.

that is the deal breaker on the 6d, that and the af system and the flash sync. there are a few other things that i dont like about the 6D but im still waiting on some honest reviews before i really make a judgement as i have heard that even though the 6d is missing a flash and a few other features that the nikon D600 has the 6D is a better camera over all but like i said im not certain i havent seen any really honest side by side comparisons only just paper specs...

I'm Russ. Gear List
-ching chai
-Louis Hector Berlioz

Canon_Lover
Goldmember
2,695 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 03, 2013 15:10 as a reply to  @ S.n.a.f.u.'s post |  #8487

I totally agree the 6D isn't going to be very satisfying for viewfinder shooters who are used to the 5D2. F1.2 glass and a sunny day need all the 1/8000 you can get without dropping ND filters on there. Same problem exist with flash syncing.

For people like myself who might shoot 3,000 photos without ever looking through the viewfinder once, and never need 1/8000 or flash syncing, it's pretty damn cool! And yes, I do carry a pocket full of LP-E6 batteries. :lol::lol:

In fact, I am going to say with utmost confidence that the 6D is the most versatile landscape camera ever made. Especially if you see the potential for creative uses given the WiFi option. There are some photos I want to take where I would be hoisting my camera up into the trees with ropes, in places I would never get to. I tried it before with my laptop and tethering, with crap results and too much heavy gear.

The one handed controls and WiFi are going to open up options for creativity that have never been realized before in landscape photography.

I'm kind of glad the competition sees it as a gimmick, while I make full use of it to pioneer new shots. :D

My 500PX (external link)

S.n.a.f.u.
Goldmember
2,769 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Feb 03, 2013 15:39 |  #8488

Canon_Lover wrote in post #15568330 (external link)
I totally agree the 6D isn't going to be very satisfying for viewfinder shooters who are used to the 5D2. F1.2 glass and a sunny day need all the 1/8000 you can get without dropping ND filters on there. Same problem exist with flash syncing.

For people like myself who might shoot 3,000 photos without ever looking through the viewfinder once, and never need 1/8000 or flash syncing, it's pretty damn cool! And yes, I do carry a pocket full of LP-E6 batteries. :lol::lol:

In fact, I am going to say with utmost confidence that the 6D is the most versatile landscape camera ever made. Especially if you see the potential for creative uses given the WiFi option. There are some photos I want to take where I would be hoisting my camera up into the trees with ropes, in places I would never get to. I tried it before with my laptop and tethering, with crap results and too much heavy gear.

The one handed controls and WiFi are going to open up options for creativity that have never been realized before in landscape photography.

I'm kind of glad the competition sees it as a gimmick, while I make full use of it to pioneer new shots. :D

interesting points you bring up and i would agree that it is versatile and im sad that nikon stuffed all the 39 af points in a little tiny cluster and stuck it at 1/4000 because that would make it a no brainer, but with the 6D there are some things that i do like inexpensive full frame option (compared to the mark III) and i do like that wifi idea and the gps option is nice but that flash sync and the 1/4000 is a deal breaker just because i cant really drop the money on ND filters (or at least the ones i want lol Singh ray)

but im with you as this camera opens the door to some seriously creative options and allows for some really cool wireless situations that would open doors for things like you mention.

im wish i could get past those hurdles and it would open the doors to buy the 6D id save money on a full frame (i am stuck on the 5d mark III if i end up buying a body and not lenses) the 5d mark III just holds to many features that really interest me and make it work the effort and expense for the kit.

but im having a hard time giving up the idea of strictly lenses and that is a hard game to narrow down too and im just torn between to many options.

I'm Russ. Gear List
-ching chai
-Louis Hector Berlioz

IMADreamer
499 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Feb 03, 2013 16:36 |  #8489

I want a 6d in the worst way, but I also want to eat dinner tonight so I guess it's out. The wifi control for me doing night shooting and light painting would be all win.

Jason: 60d user. My flicker page feel free to friend or contact me: http://www.flickr.com/​photos/exorimadreamer/ (external link)
www.infinite-garage.com (external link)

Rivest
Cream of the Crop
6,678 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Feb 03, 2013 17:04 |  #8490

Hey 60Ders!

Remember I talked about my future western trip?

Well it's already going on, I left Montreal 20 days ago and I'm in Whistler currently, going to Vancouver soon.

You can follow a part of my trip in this thread: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=15568668

I also post at least a picture daily on my Fb fan page --> www.Facebook.com/photo​dr.ca (external link)

Hope I will pass by some of you, would love shooting with other POTNers finally!

Have a good one! :)

Hi, I'm David.

sponsored links

649,865 views & 0 likes for this thread
60D users, friends and their random OT B.S.
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.