Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
Thread started 04 Feb 2013 (Monday) 08:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon EF 28 2.8 IS USM comments?

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,112 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 05, 2013 01:26 |  #16

Staszek wrote in post #15573811 (external link)
There is a promo link roaming around via Adorama's Twitter page. The affiliate link is a code added onto the link for commission sales. Therefore there is a non-affiliate link that should be posted per POTN's rules.

I can't find it searching adorama's twitter page...it doesn't exist there...the only places I can see it are canonrumors.com, and the canonpricewatch link...which both have the affiliate link...

i don't think there's a way to get the deal without an affiliate link

if you can find it, please post it

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Staszek
Goldmember
3,605 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Feb 05, 2013 02:12 |  #17

DreDaze wrote in post #15573839 (external link)
I can't find it searching adorama's twitter page...it doesn't exist there...the only places I can see it are canonrumors.com, and the canonpricewatch link...which both have the affiliate link...

I guess you are right, I can't find the non-affiliate link on Adorama's Twitter account either. I guess Canon Rumors' Twitter feed is where I found the original link (external link). Oh well.

SOSKIphoto (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link)| Instagram (external link)
Shooting with big noisy cameras and a bag of primes.

KarlGB77
THREAD ­ STARTER
556 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 05, 2013 02:55 |  #18

Staszek wrote in post #15573429 (external link)
Thanks for the affiliate link Karl. It's against the POTN forum rules to post affiliate links for commission sales. You replace that link with a regular link ASAP.

Wow, I had no idea I shouldn't have posted that link from the market watch page.
My apologies.
I won't make that mistake again.

Thanks.

Canon 5D Mark III, 5D Mark II, T2i (2), 24-105 f4LIS, 17-40 f4L, 70-200f4L IS, 70-200 2.8L IS II, 100 2.8, 85 1.8, 50 1.4, 50 1.8, 15-85 f4-5.6 IS, 60 2.8, 18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, 430 EX II, 580 EX II, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod w/ 498RC2, Calumet 8121 Tripod, Manfrotto 679B Monopod w/ 234 RC2 head

mike ­ cabilangan
Goldmember
1,378 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Feb 05, 2013 06:49 |  #19

ed rader wrote in post #15573681 (external link)
you must me talking about the 18-year-old model. soon you'll be able to get them even cheaper.

actually, i was talking about the IS version. i don't really need it, but i will buy it if it gets cheap enough. to me that's 400-450bucks

camera bag reviews (external link)
flickr (external link)gearLust

Staszek
Goldmember
3,605 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Feb 05, 2013 12:47 |  #20

mike cabilangan wrote in post #15574309 (external link)
actually, i was talking about the IS version. i don't really need it, but i will buy it if it gets cheap enough. to me that's 400-450bucks

If you're going to spend the money, you should definitely consider the older 28mm f/1.8 model. It's a stop quicker and has been really good to me for my professional and personal work.

I really only see landscape photographers or cinematographers getting the most from the 28mm f/2.8 IS.

SOSKIphoto (external link) | Blog (external link) | Facebook (external link)| Instagram (external link)

Staszek
Goldmember
3,605 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Feb 05, 2013 12:48 |  #21

KarlGB77 wrote in post #15573974 (external link)
Wow, I had no idea I shouldn't have posted that link from the market watch page.
My apologies.
I won't make that mistake again.

Thanks.

No worries Karl. Sorry for jumping on you :confused:

michgirl
Goldmember
1,308 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 05, 2013 14:33 |  #22

Staszek wrote in post #15575369 (external link)
If you're going to spend the money, you should definitely consider the older 28mm f/1.8 model. It's a stop quicker and has been really good to me for my professional and personal work.

I really only see landscape photographers or cinematographers getting the most from the 28mm f/2.8 IS.

I actually owned the 28mm f/1.8 and it was quite a lovely lens. However, I tried the new 28mm f/2.8 IS and found it to be quite a bit sharper and showed more detail. And just last evening, I was reading a review on this lens and it pretty much said the same thing, the newer model had noticably better IQ. And right now the price is about $100 difference, I would rather pay that for the better IQ and IS. But then again, due to my age and hands (I have RA), I find the IS to be a safety net that I prefer.

But either of these lens are quite fantastic - least I think so :)

Robin
Canon 6d / EF Lens: 24mm-105mm / 40mm f/2.8 / 28mm f/1.8 / 50mm f/1.8 / 85mm 1.8
Canon T6i / EFs Lens: 24mm Pancake / 18-55mm STM / 18-135mm STM / 55-250mm STM

HelenOster
That's me!
4,499 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 06, 2013 06:07 |  #23

DreDaze wrote in post #15573839 (external link)

My suggestion would be that if you are in this position in the future, email my colleague Steve Chill in the sales dept: stevec@adorama.com (external link)

If a deal is being offered via affiliates, it may well be that he can match, but you'd need to check with him directly.

DreDaze
happy with myself for not saying anything stupid
18,112 posts
Gallery: 45 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Feb 06, 2013 09:39 |  #24

HelenOster wrote in post #15578328 (external link)
My suggestion would be that if you are in this position in the future, email my colleague Steve Chill in the sales dept: tevec@adorama.com (external link)

If a deal is being offered via affiliates, it may well be that he can match, but you'd need to check with him directly.

it's ok...i wouldn't buy that 28 f2.8 IS unless it was $200 :)

but thanks

Andre or Dre
gear list
Instagram (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

2,439 views & 0 likes for this thread
Canon EF 28 2.8 IS USM comments?
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EF and EF-S Lenses 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.