Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 26 Sep 2012 (Wednesday) 00:18
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Fuji X-Pro1/X-E1 Share those photos!

ni$mo350
Cream of the Crop
6,011 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 06, 2013 19:01 |  #241

silvrbullet wrote in post #15571014 (external link)
Well I just ordered a hand grip from Uniquephoto.com. According to resseller ratings, they are a good place to buy from... so we will see! So far, it's the only place in the US that has them in stock, so I'm a little skeptical.

I don't use neck straps (or straps of any kind...), so I'd really like the grip for added security...

I could never not use a strap. I would've dropped my gear so much if I didn't have that haha. Let us know if it gets in ok and how it is. With that said, I still can't believe they haven't done a firmware update to offer minimum shutter speeds while in auto ISO. It can't be that hard, can it?! I also find myself always moving the aperture ring inadvertently and seeing my shots either super bright or dark and realizing what I did too late.

Aside from the lack of RAW support the last thing that frustrates me is the rear LCD when reviewing shots. Outside, it's great and actually overall I really like it but when I'm shooting in my home studio (read garage) I have most of the lights off to kill the ambient and when I review them on the lcd they look great but are alot of the time a half stop underexposed and to compensate, I push it half a stop but end up blowing the highlights if it is showing it true. Anyways enough ranting haha I already posted this actual shot in another thread but wanted to show off the print that came in. My buddy bought it for me. It's aluminum and I didn't read it carefully or else I would've chosen a different shot but anything white just becomes aluminum because I don't know why lol. It looks good under very specific lighting but blown out the other 99% of the time.

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8227/8452275892_d046e143ac_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: http://www.flickr.com …g_photography/8​452275892/  (external link)
Aluminum print of Nicki (external link) by ChrisG Photography (external link), on Flickr

-Chris-Website (external link)|| (external link)Facebook (external link)|| My Flickr (external link)|| Follow me!!! 500px (external link) || (external link) 5D mkii || 35L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS MKII || My bank account hates you all :cry:

sponsored links
newone757
235 posts
Joined Nov 2012

Feb 06, 2013 22:28 |  #242

That is really cool! I'd like to know how much something like that costs. Good friend

5D Mark III - 135L 2.0 - Sigma 35 1.4 - 85 1.8 - 40 2.8 pancake
500px (external link)

ni$mo350
Cream of the Crop
6,011 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 06, 2013 22:38 |  #243

Thanks! Depending on size around $150-200

-Chris-Website (external link)|| (external link)Facebook (external link)|| My Flickr (external link)|| Follow me!!! 500px (external link) || (external link) 5D mkii || 35L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS MKII || My bank account hates you all :cry:

dtufino
Goldmember
4,040 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 07, 2013 08:36 |  #244

ni$mo350 wrote in post #15581554 (external link)
Thanks! Depending on size around $150-200

where'd you get that done at?

def. have some photos that need printing! :-)

-David T.
www.dtufinophoto.com (external link)

@dtufino_photo (external link)
flickr (external link)

silvrbullet
616 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 07, 2013 14:54 |  #245

And how is it mounted? It looks like there is a black frame around it?

Sony A7RII | Zeiss Batis 2.8/18 | Fuji X-T1 | 23 F/1.4

Jo3r1
213 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 07, 2013 17:43 |  #246

Really starting to love this cute little X-E1. Does everything I asked from the 1DsII I used to own, on a quarter of the weight and size <3
A couple more with the Summicron 90. Perfect Fuji X replacement for the Canon 135L :)

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: 404 | MIME changed to 'text/html' | Byte size: ZERO

WEBSITE (external link) - 500PX (external link) - INSTAGRAM (external link)

KarlG-
158 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 07, 2013 18:09 |  #247

Just bought the X-Pro1 and 35mm lens, plus the Fuji adapter for Leica M-mount!

Really looking forward to having a play with this one and seeing what it can do. I'm especially looking forward to testing out my M and LTM-mount lenses with it, in particular the Nokton 50mm f/1.1 and Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5 (as the EVF will remove the issues with focus shift for these lenses) and also the Leica Summicron 50mm f/2.0, as its rendering is the nicest of any lens I've used!

Not looking forward to losing functionality / quality with Raw processing though, been doing some solid searching and not sure what the easy fix is at this stage, but I'm thinking I might have to put the Fuji Raws through SilkyPix to get a flat & WB corrected TIF or DNG, then into Lightroom for my usual processing.

The JPEGs look great though, so I'll be shooting the highest quality JPEG + Raw - I might not even need to use Raw for the majority of my shots! :)

Leica M240 | CV 21mm | ZM 35mm f/2.8 | CV 35mm f/1.2 | Leica 50mm f/1.4 ASPH | Leica 50mm f/2.0 | Leica 90mm f/2.8
5D Mark 3 | Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8 | Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4 | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 | 135mm f/2.0L
Sony A7 | 35mm f/2.8
Website (external link) | Facebook (external link)

Jo3r1
213 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Jun 2007

Feb 07, 2013 18:46 |  #248

KarlG- wrote in post #15584572 (external link)
Not looking forward to losing functionality / quality with Raw processing though, been doing some solid searching and not sure what the easy fix is at this stage, but I'm thinking I might have to put the Fuji Raws through SilkyPix to get a flat & WB corrected TIF or DNG, then into Lightroom for my usual processing.

The JPEGs look great though, so I'll be shooting the highest quality JPEG + Raw - I might not even need to use Raw for the majority of my shots! :)

Capture One 7 does a good job too. Great software imo, I already use it quite a long time.

WEBSITE (external link) - 500PX (external link) - INSTAGRAM (external link)

KarlG-
158 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Feb 07, 2013 19:10 |  #249

Jo3r1 wrote in post #15584688 (external link)
Capture One 7 does a good job too. Great software imo, I already use it quite a long time.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Leica M240 | CV 21mm | ZM 35mm f/2.8 | CV 35mm f/1.2 | Leica 50mm f/1.4 ASPH | Leica 50mm f/2.0 | Leica 90mm f/2.8
5D Mark 3 | Tokina 16-28mm f/2.8 | Sigma Art 35mm f/1.4 | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 | 135mm f/2.0L
Sony A7 | 35mm f/2.8
Website (external link) | Facebook (external link)

ni$mo350
Cream of the Crop
6,011 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 08, 2013 19:31 |  #250

dtufino wrote in post #15582578 (external link)
where'd you get that done at?

def. have some photos that need printing! :-)

silvrbullet wrote in post #15583856 (external link)
And how is it mounted? It looks like there is a black frame around it?

Thanks guys! This was through a groupon from Gallery Direct. I'm spoiled by the prints I get from pro dpi and honestly don't know the process behind aluminum prints but it's definitely not tack sharp. But as long as you don't pixel peep, stand back the proper amount which is 5'+ and choose a shot without a lot of white then you won't notice at all. It's in a nice black frame about 2.5" with great build quality and is sturdy which is ready to mount immediately.

KarlG- wrote in post #15584572 (external link)
Just bought the X-Pro1 and 35mm lens, plus the Fuji adapter for Leica M-mount!

Really looking forward to having a play with this one and seeing what it can do. I'm especially looking forward to testing out my M and LTM-mount lenses with it, in particular the Nokton 50mm f/1.1 and Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5 (as the EVF will remove the issues with focus shift for these lenses) and also the Leica Summicron 50mm f/2.0, as its rendering is the nicest of any lens I've used!

Congrats on the pickup!

KarlG- wrote in post #15584773 (external link)
Thanks, I'll check it out!

I also suggest the C1P7 from the reviews I've heard. I've never used it but am really itching to get a good RAW processor.

silvrbullet
616 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 09, 2013 13:15 |  #251

I got my HG-XE1 grip yesterday! I honestly couldn't believe it. Unique Photo is the only place I have found in the US that is selling this right now.

The fit is absolutely seamless, and it improves grip tremendously. I don't plan on ever taking it off....unless I need to charge the battery or swap memory cards....

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8382/8458332331_21158de764_b.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8225/8458332563_13b739f775_b.jpg

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8531/8458333379_8e7cb72173_b.jpg

silvrbullet
616 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 09, 2013 13:22 |  #252

This is probably important to show, too --

IMAGE: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8096/8459466194_88e55258b3_b.jpg

(sorry about the less than attractive model...)

sticknpuck
205 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 09, 2013 21:23 |  #253

Some recents.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/gif' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR

IMAGE NOT FOUND

Hey DTufino,

Can you share any details on your studio setup - size etc. I recently picked up some white paper but i'm having trouble controlling the spill from hitting the subject. Yours look good - any tips?

Matt
flickr (external link)

ni$mo350
Cream of the Crop
6,011 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 09, 2013 21:53 |  #254

Nice adds everyone! The grip looks awesome Josh! The only reason I opted to go without one is because I want a Gariz leather half case and don't think they make one to fit the X-Pro 1 with the grip. Looks comfortable though!

dtufino
Goldmember
4,040 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 10, 2013 07:27 |  #255

sticknpuck wrote in post #15592758 (external link)
Some recents.

Hey DTufino,

Can you share any details on your studio setup - size etc. I recently picked up some white paper but i'm having trouble controlling the spill from hitting the subject. Yours look good - any tips?

Hey, man!

No studio pal.... i was in a hotel, i solely used 2 speed lights with 2 small umbrellas, triggered by Cybersyncs.... nothing else... and and 2 tripods...

i shot between f5/f8 and some at f2 with the flash set to super low, i also shot at ISO 100L (jpeg) no raw....

-David T.
www.dtufinophoto.com (external link)

@dtufino_photo (external link)
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

142,696 views & 2 likes for this thread
Fuji X-Pro1/X-E1 Share those photos!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.