Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 09 Feb 2013 (Saturday) 20:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Anyone else get their cool (and useful!) CPS gift recently?

Ltdave
Goldmember
3,413 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Feb 10, 2013 10:00 as a reply to  @ post 15594121 |  #16

im gold and havent seen anything yet...

Does the US CPS programme require proof that you are working as a full time professional photog? Just wondering, because here in Hong Kong they ask for that in addition to you owning the required equipment.

No. Here you just list your equipment and if your "score" is high enough, they'll happily take your money and send you a pin.

i thought it said you need to confirm you are a working photographer...

sponsored links
Todd ­ Lambert
THREAD ­ STARTER
I don't like titles
12,625 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Feb 10, 2013 10:28 |  #17

Technically, you need to meet pro criteria to get into CPS. However, if you have the points needed, and you claim that you're a working photographer, they will as someone else said, "take your money".

Don ­ Madson
360 posts
Joined May 2005

Feb 10, 2013 10:40 |  #18

I just received my package...2 clean/check vouchers and the membership card...Gold membership...

dmadson.photoreflect.c​om
T'ai Chi Ch'uan...Relaxation, with an attitude!
---------------
70D, Mamiya 645 Pro TL, some lenses, a tripod, a monopod, some filters, a few straps, some batteries, 2 flash units, a few bags...;)

gratchie
957 posts
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 10, 2013 11:27 |  #19

did you just recently sign up Don?

I'm a gold member too, no goodies yet....

GearList || Canon 5D Mark III | 24L II | 135L | 70-300L | 24-105L | 600 EX-RT | ST-E3-RT | RX100M2
Full Gear List and Feedback || growingthompy.tumblr.c​omexternal link

sunbeast
Goldmember
1,034 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Feb 10, 2013 11:43 |  #20

4more wrote in post #15594104 (external link)
Does one have to annually qualify based on the cps points out I can enter ask my equipment once and upgrade next year?

You renew annually...CPS maintains a log of your equipment/points based on your equipment registration/serial numbers.

Gear and Feedback

sunbeast
Goldmember
1,034 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Feb 10, 2013 12:05 |  #21

craig_k wrote in post #15594121 (external link)
you should get the cf card wallet with gold membership.....mine came out of the blue yesterday....the calendar\appt books are the best that were discontinued this year ......gotta have somehing logged in writing for business proof of use.......those were the most complete calendar books i've ever seen.........mind-numbing derelect to dis-continue those..i use water\impact\dust proof holders to carry cards in

Damn....just bought one on FM because the price was cheaper than what the wallet sells for retail. Guess if mine comes the wife reaps the spoils of my impatience again....

Gear and Feedback

Adam ­ Jones
Goldmember
1,649 posts
Joined Aug 2009

Feb 10, 2013 12:59 |  #22

Bummer, I just let my Gold membership expire! This is something I might have actually used.

Anthony | Flickr (external link) | Blog (external link) | www.purplecollarphoto.​com (external link)

4more
119 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 10, 2013 13:41 |  #23

sunbeast wrote in post #15594522 (external link)
You renew annually...CPS maintains a log of your equipment/points based on your equipment registration/serial numbers.

Thanks - but do I need to enter new equipment to qualify for the level each time? Or the previous purchases remain valid and I just pay the annual fee?

--------------- Canon T2i + 18-55 kit + 55-250 + 50 f/1.8 = my basic gear

D. ­ Vance
Goldmember
4,157 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 10, 2013 13:57 |  #24

I'm platinum, nothing yet.

I wonder if the video editors on The Titanic ever went, "Sorry, I can't right now. I'm busy synching the Titanic..."

sunbeast
Goldmember
1,034 posts
Joined Nov 2005

Feb 10, 2013 13:58 |  #25

4more wrote in post #15594945 (external link)
Thanks - but do I need to enter new equipment to qualify for the level each time? Or the previous purchases remain valid and I just pay the annual fee?

The registered equipment, as long as it still qualifies, is sufficient....no need to keep adding new stuff if the existing equipment qualifies. The only thing you have to keep an eye on is if the equipment is older and CPS drops it from the approved list.

Gear and Feedback

DennisW1
Goldmember
1,802 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 10, 2013 17:00 |  #26

4more wrote in post #15593910 (external link)
What level of CPS members are getting these? I signed up last week but for the free (Sliver) level.

Gold here, got mine last week

jmckayak
482 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2009

Feb 10, 2013 18:36 |  #27

Got mine on Friday. Gold level. Much more useful than a paper based calendar.
Thanks Canon!

Sirrith
Cream of the Crop
10,545 posts
Gallery: 50 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Nov 2010

Feb 10, 2013 19:38 |  #28

Todd Lambert wrote in post #15594233 (external link)
Technically, you need to meet pro criteria to get into CPS. However, if you have the points needed, and you claim that you're a working photographer, they will as someone else said, "take your money".

Hmm, I see. Might have to look into it a bit more then :)

-Tom
Flickr (external link)
F-Stop Guru review | RRS BH-40 review

MDJAK
Cream of the Crop
24,722 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Nov 2004

Feb 10, 2013 20:08 |  #29

I'm so glad there actually are people who use those things. One came in a ThinkTank bag. Never touched it.

Received one from Art Morris, a hard delkin "safe" for cf cards. I threw it in the garbage.

Not trying to rain on your parade, I promise. But with the newer cameras (and the older 1 series) holding 2 cards, and using 32 gb in each one, I never, ever need to carry an extra card with me. I can shoot over 2000 shots on 2 cards on either my 1Dx or 5D3.

Todd ­ Lambert
THREAD ­ STARTER
I don't like titles
12,625 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined May 2009

Feb 10, 2013 20:22 |  #30

Well, I don't like having my eggs in baskets that large - I use 16gb cards and several 8GB cards.

Go out into the woods for a week or a trip with no laptop or other means of offloading your shots and you'll think differently. I also like to keep track of which cards are which, which a wallet helps.

sponsored links

19,182 views & 0 likes for this thread
Anyone else get their cool (and useful!) CPS gift recently?
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.