Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
Thread started 18 Feb 2013 (Monday) 06:46
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

179 miles, 6 hours, 2 states, 1 car.

CSMFoto
Goldmember
1,178 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 18, 2013 06:46 |  #1

Thread title explains it all. :-) Let me know what you think

IMAGE: http://www.cary-smith.com/img/s8/v75/p1437533360-5.jpg

Facebook (external link) | CSM Photography (external link) | Gear
I got some camera's & lens'.

sponsored links
96whiteknight
PERMANENT BAN
2,046 posts
Gallery: 11 photos
Joined Oct 2007

Feb 18, 2013 10:47 |  #2
bannedPermanent ban

All that and only one pic? :P

Equoria
60 posts
Joined Mar 2011

Feb 18, 2013 10:54 |  #3

I was expecting a better story after that epic thread title

artyman
Sleepless in Hampshire
14,402 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Feb 18, 2013 11:04 |  #4

Only 30mph average speed, or does the low ground clearance force those sort of speeds :D

Art that takes you there. http://www.artyman.co.​uk (external link)
Ken
Canon 7D, 350D, 15-85, 18-55, 75-300, Cosina 100 Macro, Sigma 120-300

ChunkyDA
Goldmember
3,706 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Apr 2007

Feb 18, 2013 19:24 |  #5

In 6 hours my Lexus would be a bit farther along and just about need to fill the tank. I don't get it.

Dave
Support Search and Rescue, Get Lost (external link)
Gear list and some feedback

CSMFoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,178 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 20, 2013 06:19 |  #6

artyman wrote in post #15623420 (external link)
Only 30mph average speed, or does the low ground clearance force those sort of speeds :D

If you don't have to fix it whats the problem? Looks good to me on paper ;)

ChunkyDA wrote in post #15625267 (external link)
In 6 hours my Lexus would be a bit farther along and just about need to fill the tank. I don't get it.

Paid client bud. 1:45 hr there, 2.5 hour shoot, 1:45 hour back

Equoria wrote in post #15623380 (external link)
I was expecting a better story after that epic thread title

Just a sneak peak. It's got a 305 chevy smallblock placed in a super clean shaved engine bay with those rare vette wheels. The owner has got about 4 other e36's as well, 3 of which are projects at the moment. :-)

Yall are pretty tough group to please....smh

Now I know why I don't post much anymore haha yall are tough to please and too critical. Look at the picture and say okay, is this good or is this not good? Not "oh you wasted gas" or "this thing is stupid, it's too low and can only do x". This is an aesthetic critique is it not?

lambocars
323 posts
Joined Mar 2008

Feb 20, 2013 08:15 |  #7

CSMFoto wrote in post #15630977 (external link)
Just a sneak peak. It's got a 305 chevy smallblock placed in a super clean shaved engine bay with those rare vette wheels. The owner has got about 4 other e36's as well, 3 of which are projects at the moment. :-)

Ok, first about the photo ...
I would either have cropped or cloned out the little part of the roof on the left of the shot, either you get the entire hangar in view or you close away the corner ... both would make a much more balanced shot.
Also the dent in the panel on the hanger on the right ... same story, clone it way or crop closer ... I like photos that show some background, but I'm a car nut, so having the car 'larger' in the crop would be my take on it, but that's personal taste, I know.

About the car itself, I like those 3-Series ... but what I don't get is why put a V8 Chevy engine it it ... if you want to do an engine swap it would have been way more impressive to put an M5 engine in it no ?
As for the wheels, I like those gold painted ones on a white car ... but they look like Borbet wheels to me ... are those special Vette wheels ?

My tutorials (external link) - my hobby (external link) - my scale cars (external link) - [URL="http://www.diseg​no-s.be/"]my Photographs (external link)

CSMFoto
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,178 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 20, 2013 13:56 |  #8

lambocars wrote in post #15631238 (external link)
About the car itself, I like those 3-Series ... but what I don't get is why put a V8 Chevy engine it it ... if you want to do an engine swap it would have been way more impressive to put an M5 engine in it no ?
As for the wheels, I like those gold painted ones on a white car ... but they look like Borbet wheels to me ... are those special Vette wheels ?

Haha these are all very valid points. I honestly didn't know why he did it, but said the engine was laying around and they wanted to try something different. *shrugs*

He just texted me this morning and said the engine is blown.. so was lucky to get the car in for a shoot!

On the note of the M5 engine, good condition M5 engine + tranny and all the other doodads would run you 4+ which is rediculous considering the M6x(4.4 or 4.8L v8 +/-250 hp) engines can be bought WITH a tranny for about 1-1,500. Albeit the power is not the same, it's 1/4 the struggle you'd have with a M5 engine.

**With the processing, I did however notice that rotten apple on the right behind the car, will be changing it with other little alterations. The roof falling off was a no-no(quick processing for a sneak peak for the client) but with further processing it will be changed :-)

KevinECSP
242 posts
Joined Oct 2012

Feb 20, 2013 14:50 |  #9

I like the photo and car looks awesome. I agree with the corrections mentioned by Lambocars.

Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) - My Automotive Photography (EverClean State)
Flickr (external link) | Facebook (external link) - My General Photography (Spray N' Pray Photography)

ChunkyDA
Goldmember
3,706 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Apr 2007

Feb 20, 2013 22:50 |  #10

Apparently the title didn't explain much of anything. I am glad you had a paid client bud. HAND:D

CSMFoto wrote in post #15630977 (external link)
If you don't have to fix it whats the problem? Looks good to me on paper ;)

Paid client bud. 1:45 hr there, 2.5 hour shoot, 1:45 hour back

Yall are pretty tough group to please....smh

Now I know why I don't post much anymore haha yall are tough to please and too critical. Look at the picture and say okay, is this good or is this not good? Not "oh you wasted gas" or "this thing is stupid, it's too low and can only do x". This is an aesthetic critique is it not?

Dave
Support Search and Rescue, Get Lost (external link)
Gear list and some feedback

StaticMedia
875 posts
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 22, 2013 08:05 |  #11

Not the most superb car photo i've ever seen, A lot more sheet metal than car in this one. Silver background on white paint, not always the best contrast.

Lesmore
874 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 22, 2013 23:37 |  #12

lambocars wrote in post #15631238 (external link)
Ok, first about the photo ...
I would either have cropped or cloned out the little part of the roof on the left of the shot, either you get the entire hangar in view or you close away the corner ... both would make a much more balanced shot.
Also the dent in the panel on the hanger on the right ... same story, clone it way or crop closer ... I like photos that show some background, but I'm a car nut, so having the car 'larger' in the crop would be my take on it, but that's personal taste, I know.

Now I wouldn't use the 305 CSB....but I would use a Chevy LS V8.

A Chevy aluminum LS V8 engine, 6 speed AT out of a salvage GM light truck has the potential for a ton of power (esp. if you slip a turbo on it), relatively light weight (aluminum block and heads), excellent durability, standard and performance parts are readily available and reasonable. The price is also reasonable....comparat​ively speaking.

If snobbery is an issue for not putting a Chevy LS into a BMW...all one has to recall, is that the Corvette LS V8....for a number of years has shown many Euro sports cars the quick way around the track.

sponsored links

1,996 views & 0 likes for this thread
179 miles, 6 hours, 2 states, 1 car.
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Transportation 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.