Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
Thread started 18 Feb 2013 (Monday) 13:15
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Ideas/suggestions for taking photos of pregnant wife over next 7-months?

stanwelks
201 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 18, 2013 13:15 |  #1

My wife is 8-wks pregnant, and I want to start taking weekly pictures of her over the next 7 months. I'm looking for any examples or suggestions of interesting ways that someone else may have done this before. I am also very new to digital photography, though have a 5DM3 and tripod that I plan to setup in the same spot for each shoot.

Thanks in advance for any ideas, advice or examples!!!!

sponsored links
Midlife ­ Crisis
77 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Feb 18, 2013 13:19 |  #2

Congrats. Have you thought to take her picture every 2 weeks in the very same spot? When you're done you could make a slide show of all of them.

30D
17-55 IS
70-200 f2.8 IS
Leica M3 :p

surgeonhawkeye
Goldmember
1,920 posts
Gallery: 41 photos
Joined May 2010

Feb 18, 2013 16:48 |  #3

search "pregnant " in this forum, or go to 500px and do the same and get the ideas.....just a suggestion

I love this
http://www.facebook.co​m …N/1467601553693​26?ref=sgm (external link)
http://http …home/surgeonhaw​keye/index (external link)
http://surgeonhawkeye.​500px.com/home (external link)flickr (external link)

lgunnz
419 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2008

Feb 18, 2013 18:17 |  #4

My suggestion would be google maternity photography for inspiration.

5DIII|24-105L|100L|135L|70-200L|28-135|430EX II|

broe ­ photo
132 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Feb 19, 2013 08:38 |  #5

I am currently working on a maturnity shoot. I am doing a composite. I have photographed a very interesting downtown apartment and am shooting mom in studio to be placed in several locations of the room at different stages of her pregnancy. The final shot will be her in the center of the room in a rocking chair holding the baby.

dragon_irl
67 posts
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 19, 2013 09:34 |  #6

I shot some silhouettes, but probably only effective the bigger she gets!

Canon 7D, T1i gripped, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 17-40 f/4.0 L USM, 580 EXII

TomHarmon
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Feb 2013

Feb 19, 2013 10:30 |  #7

I set up a backgground and a couple lights and kept the settings exactly the same everytime. So every 4-5 weeks, we would take a picture in the same spot with the same clothes, so that over time, you could see the tummy grow. It was really cool.

Wedding Photographer in NJ (external link)
Wedding Photography Blog (external link)

robertwsimpson
Goldmember
2,471 posts
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 19, 2013 15:07 |  #8

We just had our first son and I tried to take a photo shoot each month with a different "theme" each time. some outside in sunlight, some inside with strobes, some with backgrounds that were part of the theme, some without, etc etc. Here is a chance for you to be creative!

Pirate4
693 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Feb 22, 2013 01:16 |  #9

Ask her if she has seen any photos that she liked.

Canon 7D

sponsored links

2,204 views & 0 likes for this thread
Ideas/suggestions for taking photos of pregnant wife over next 7-months?
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment People 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.